Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2009.11.09, 04:11 AM   #5911
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
gaga might be pompous, but I stand by the statement that her pop music is probably some of the best you will find on the radio at the moment.
That's why I don't listen to the radio anymore.

Pop music can be simple and great. Weezer blue album, anyone??? Does it get any simpler than the tunes in that cd? Remember how satisfying those tunes are?
Don't argue and say that's indie, either. That's straight up pop music Cuomo was writing there.

Lady Gaga can't be the best that pop music has to offer right now...

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.
http://www.last.fm/user/cjhobbies00
cjhobbies00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.11.09, 07:21 AM   #5912
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
wut

(but I wasn't the one who brought up Weezer...)
Weezer's Raditude stuff, and Can't Stop Partying is what I've been listening to, and I have no interest in comparing Ringo and Weezer because both have been somewhat disappointing lately.

But whatever =/

(I'm gonna edit down those posts though, because they're way too long)

I just disagree that Lady Gaga represent the finest (lawl) feel-good pop atm. To each their own, I'm not going to force my preferences down anyone's throat -- whatever floats your boat.

Last edited by Scribble R : 2009.11.09 at 07:29 AM.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.11.09, 08:55 AM   #5913
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

In her genre of electronic/dance pop I do think she is one of the best on the market right now as a writer, and she had been writing pop music for some of the genres biggest names for some time before her own success. I'm not commenting on her image or persona, but she knows how to right a damn catchy melody and I think her 3 big singles have more longevity than most throwaway pop of the naughties thus far. They still don't grate on me in clubs half as much as a lot of other stuff.

It's a shame she's so desperate to come across as quirky and different because if she just took the time to sit down at a piano without looking like a tart or whilst holding a tiny teacup she'd probably gather a lot more respect because she can be pretty damn good as a performer, but when it comes to eccentricity she ain't Bowie, Mercury or MJ. They come across as wholly honest and original.
Old 2009.11.09, 09:44 AM   #5914
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

The only song that I don't mind is 'Just Dance'. The other dance tracks got old after several listens and leave me feeling empty/dirty, and the 'filler' where she tries to 'get down' like a musician were boring and unconvincing, although I admit the keyboard-only version of Paparazzi (Or was it Pokerface? don't remember) was okay, then the faux-eccentric/image thing comes in and she starts stomping on the keys.

I can understand people liking her on a guilty-pleasure level, but her and her music get on my nerves, and being a slightly better version of Fergie or Gwen Stefani or Madonna or whoever people compare her to doesn't mean anything to me. Sometimes it just becomes too much.

I'm not an "All Current Mainstream Music Is Shit Guy," but I don't get it, at all.
Old 2009.11.09, 10:42 AM   #5915
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Glee OST
Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.11.09, 12:19 PM   #5916
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
Glee OST
YES, my only complaint is they left off too many great tracks (which are on iTunes still mostly). My guess is they wanted full-length tracks that would feature soloists or individual characters, so ensemble numbers by rival group Vocal Adrenaline, Mercy and Rehab, both got left off, while both mash-ups, Halo/Walking on Sunshine and It's My Life/Confessions Part II both got left off, probably due to being trimmed down to 2 minutes each, despite being two of the strongest songs they have done this season.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.11.09, 06:08 PM   #5917
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Them Crooked Vultures - Nobody Loves Me And Neither Do I

Edit: This album fucking rocks hard.
Old 2009.11.09, 09:35 PM   #5918
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

DJ Mitsu feat José James - Promise in Love
Old 2009.11.10, 10:41 AM   #5919
Scribble R

Outkast - We Love These Hoes
Old 2009.11.10, 08:36 PM   #5920
bromithia

bromithia has had more than 15 seconds of fame

For Scribble,

Bad Romance Video
bromithia is offline   Reply With Quote