Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2009.11.22, 03:22 AM   #611
shiinafile

shiinafile is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
I avoid using keywords because I'm bound to overlook things that way. But I can tell you I've seen unopened boxes for the Honnou doll dozens of times (throughout years of ambiguous searching), usually selling for somewhere between 3000-6000yen. If you're not in Japan, then you have to jump through additional hoops and pay even more money.
WOW! That's really cheap. Fortunately, I travel to asia (southeast asia) a couple of times a year, but still haven't gone to Japan (were it ain't cheap) Maybe have to do a big layover there sometime. It seems that most asian countries do a massive liquidations of pop culture and things just completely fall through the cracks to oblivion. At least, that's my assumption, from shopping over there and here in little tokyo and chinatown.
Also, thanks for putting this site up I've been lurking here off and on for years.
shiinafile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.11.22, 03:36 AM   #612
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

If you ever saw a Honnou poster, I suspect you'd change your mind about what "the holy grail" really is (the next time I see one I'll post the auction photo here - but I haven't been searching very actively during my unemployment lately).

I've had many opportunities to buy previously-used Honnou posters if I were willing to settle for that, but I've been holding out for virgin posters I can frame. Unfortunately the posters from Honnou and earlier, are the most expensive posters. Near-mint sells for 9000yen and up. And if you think that's crazy, you should see how much the oldest Namie Amuro and YUI posters sell for (more than GX zippos).

You also have to understand that Japanese music posters for CDs/DVDs have never been mass-produced to meet the ownership demands of consumers - they've been quota'd for retail display purposes only, then some music store employee walks off with the poster after the CD/DVD is out-of-season. It's not like going into a Hot Topic, and conveniently so much pop culture is available in poster form. So arguably the posters are more collectible than the dolls.
Old 2009.11.23, 08:28 AM   #613
shiinafile

I should've stated that I own almost everything up to a point. That point being the release of 'Adult'. I felt that album was severely lacking in the soul of TJ/SR past exercises. I've recently renewed my interest in her and them. I think it was catching a glimpse of 'Ringo Expo 08' on youtube that took me back to listening to her and them again. I enjoyed Variety (just listened to it for the 1st time last week), but nowhere near the appreciation I had for 'Education'. Maybe I'll soon figure out what I'm supposed to be missing with Adult. Gossip seems maybe a step in the right direction sans that abominable and completely futile redux of Sadistic Circle (bleech) tracks 3, 5, 6, & 9 I find to be the highlights and maaaaaan, do I hate rapping in songs for novelty purposes or keeping contemporary, except Sigma, of course Still nothing compared to the big 3 compared.

Last edited by shiinafile : 2009.11.23 at 09:06 AM.
Old 2009.11.24, 03:08 AM   #614
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

I'm so annoyed beyond belief I've been buying a load of Shiina rubbish from Yahoo! auctions recently (old magazines cardboard promos etc). and that combined with some recent video game purchases (Assassins Creed 2 special edition, Modern Warfare 2 special edition & Tekken 6 + arcade stick) has left my leftover birthday money completely spent! this wasn't too much of a concern because for the past month or so on the auctions it's been pretty mediocre beside for the autograph I got.

BUT!!! I log in today and scan the auctions over and there it is the poster that I have been waiting all my life (as a Shiina fan) for!!! sitting there all fancy in mint condition with it's opening bid of 28000 Yen just sitting there waiting for me and I don't have a bloody penny to spare to further compound the agony I still owe about $180 for some of the junk I bought coupled with a snide £43 Invoice from the local courier to release my Shiina autograph for delivery

I'm utterly broke until Christmas so I pray to God that nobody has bought it by then! but I'm kinda kidding myself with that.

Damn.

I'll have to start putting aside money solely for these auctions in case this happens again! and learn some self control to boot.

Last edited by Ringo~Bingo : 2009.11.24 at 03:11 AM.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.11.24, 05:20 AM   #615
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

I think it's always been the same poster. It costs money for a seller to list an auction even if there ends up being no bids, so to relist and relist and relist - eventually a seller has to jack up the price if they don't want to lose money.

I don't think that poster is going anywhere. I mean, it might disappear after being relisted a couple more times, then the seller will come back months later and relist it for 30000yen.
Old 2009.11.24, 06:09 AM   #616
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

If that's the case there may still be hope for a strike in the New Year I don't like the price though :/
Old 2009.11.24, 07:19 PM   #617
zarya

zarya is an asset to this community

Link?
I'm broke but curious.
zarya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.11.25, 04:23 AM   #618
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Here's the poster! bidding starts at 28,000 Yen you can see the auctions here.
Kabuki-cho.jpg
Old 2009.11.25, 05:36 AM   #619
shiinafile

Hey, cool they have the Honnou pvc model. Wish I had some money - wish I had a job
Old 2009.11.26, 03:41 AM   #620
shiinafile

I hate you people for directing me to that Yahoo Japan auction!!! What's the procedure for signing up as a non-japanese speaking bidder