Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2010.03.27, 06:11 PM   #61
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

well if your illegally recording the show, being foreign doesn't really help things, because a) your going to stand out more and b) they are going to link the two together, so I don't think that was such a hot idea. I wonder how they found his website and all that. kind of scary.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.03.27, 08:32 PM   #62
zarya

zarya is an asset to this community

I'm guessing if ppl here are watching 2ch, then some ppl on 2ch are watching us...!

About the show: I'm kinda glad we didn't hear anything else other than the setlist because I totally can't resist spoilers.
zarya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.03.28, 05:04 AM   #63
JM Romeo

JM Romeo is headed in the right direction

Oh, don't get me wrong, I am not offended by being called foreigner or something like that. I'm pretty hard to offend, actually. But the fact that they got ahold of my personal website without it being linked anywhere (I think I published it on a Facebook status update and that's all, the blog post doesn't even have tags) is pretty amazing.
Same thing with the stares. I was in the HEY arcade this morning, at the KOF XIII location test, and I think that a bunch of those dudes were sort of surprised of seeing a non-Japanese there, but hey, as you guys say, that is what it is.
Still wondering how the fuck they got ahold of my contact info. I am not a famous or popular person anywhere. The only thing kinda linking my name and website to Tokyo Jihen is this forum, so unless one of the nichanellites is a mole here, I just don't get it.
Anyway, I kindly told the guy who contacted me (a Ken something) to kindly take his business elsewhere, against my first impulse of plainly telling him to go fuck himself. After all, people in Japan are extremely polite, even when they are doing crazy shit such as playing Internet detectives, so it's only fair to reply with the same level of manners.
Also, I recorded a few songs with a shitty digital camera. It's not like I tapped into the mixing board and proceeded to sell the bootlegs afterwards. So I'm pretty calm about the whole "illegal" affair.

Oh, how funny. There must have been a crime down the street, I hear police sirens. And somebody is knocking at my door saying keisatsu. Probably some kind of japanese food delivery service! Be right back
JM Romeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.03.28, 09:46 AM   #64
MBF

MBF has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Oh, how funny. There must have been a crime down the street, I hear police sirens. And somebody is knocking at my door saying keisatsu. Probably some kind of japanese food delivery service! Be right back

LOL... so? how did it taste?
MBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.03.29, 04:52 AM   #65
fukamidori

fukamidori pleased at least somebody

Having seen people identified by security and warned at other gigs in Japan for taking pictures etc (including at Tokyo Jihen) I think you have to be very careful about what you do during concerts. I personally wouldn't take the risk. Still, it sounds weird to be tracked down afterwards ...
fukamidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.03.29, 05:10 AM   #66
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts

I wanna be spoiled D:

how did ikiru sound like??

Yoeko Kurahashi?
Yahiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.03.29, 07:50 AM   #67
JM Romeo

JM Romeo is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by Yahiko View Post
I wanna be spoiled D:

how did ikiru sound like??
As everything they played, Amazing. Obviously, no vocoded Wendy Carlos harmonies.

On the recording side of things, before whipping out my camera, I made sure that I saw many locals doing the same thing. Just in case. So I guess it was probably a couple of disgruntled 2chanererererers.

EDIT: Almost forgot, I keep receiving emails from dudes using fake resending schemes pretending to be lurkers in this forum. I am beginning to suspect that it's the same guy to whom I kindly told yesterday to kindly leave me the fuck alone, only this time he is using a female alias. How tempting. I probably should ask for nudies and a speed date in exchange for the amazing minute and half that I recorded with my cheapo picture camera. I knew it was a good idea.

Last edited by JM Romeo : 2010.03.29 at 08:03 AM.
JM Romeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.03.29, 07:51 AM   #68
D.K.Liu

D.K.Liu is an asset to this community

I went to the Utsunomiya 宇都宮 performance on Sunday (just got back to Tokyo after a day trip to Nikko 日光).

Spoilers

For Yahiko

Ikiru was performed with the same basic structure as that of the album: melody (spare), melody (full band), piano interlude, guitar wail... end. The difference was that instead of a capella the first time through, it was just Ringo's vocal accompanied by piano. I thought Ringo really pushed herself hard on this one, it's as if she purposely strained her voice to the limit so that she constantly bordered on going off tune (and did on the high notes). The effect she's going for is probably something like Electric Mole, Tsumi to Batsu (if memory serves me correctly). Being slightly off tune isn't always bad -- I like the EM Kuki all more so because of it -- but I felt this performance of Ikiru could have been better.

Overall impression
They put a lot of effort into lighting effects, the light work during Denpa Tsushin is so intense that they would have had to be able to play with their eyes closed. Interesting visual effects include: pixellated, early 90s video game style animation during Noriki and Utten Kekko, pyramid 'light-cage' during I forgot when, and the band vanishing into a thick mist blowing out from the stage during Kimaru.

One of the highlights of the night for me was the sequence of Zettai Zetsumei, Sounan, and Shuraba. I thought they finished Zettai (I don't remember if we were applauding already or not) when some sort of electronic remix of Zettai started and then they went straight into the intro for Sounan - Phase 2. I didn't recognize it straight away because they got rid of the chromatic step and the la ti la mi-do-mi-do-re mi guitar solo intro. From memory, the guitar played something like: la - - mi re - - - mi re - - - mi re do ti so (repeat). My memory of Shuraba is a bit confused, Uki was on acoustic I think, but he played Adult version solo.

I'll write more when I have time, or if people have any questions.

Edit: I do these kinds of mistakes way too much... 'is always bad' -> 'isn't always bad'

Last edited by D.K.Liu : 2010.04.06 at 07:15 AM.
D.K.Liu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.03.29, 09:26 AM   #69
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Thanks DK Liu. Zettai Zetsumei, Sounan seem interesting.

One question, if you don't mind: Visual effects aside, was the band/Ringo static + 'laid back' a la Spa and Treatment? I'm guessing yes.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.03.29, 07:05 PM   #70
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts

Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu D.K. Liu and JM Romeo! Could you guys confirm/tell moar about the following facts?

Did Ringo wear a golden wig a la Shuraba?
How was OSCA~FOUL transition?
was there any audience manifestation around Denpa Tsuushin chorus?
Ariamaru tomi with piano intro??
Did sanpunkan had a countdown clock or something?
Izawa had a shoulder keyboard around Noriki and it tore off? (utunomiya)
Ringo did Marusadi sidesteps on Utenkekkou?
How did Senkou Shoujo new arrangement sound like?
Did Ukigumo use a mandolim AND an electric guitar in Kimaru just like the studio ver.??
In what songs Izawa played guitar?

Sorry for many questions!!! ;_; it's that I won't be able to watch this tour live, so I try to be spoiled the most!! Looking forward an early TV broadcast or the DVD for it =))

Yoeko Kurahashi?
Yahiko is offline   Reply With Quote