Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2011.09.13, 09:30 PM   #61
BlueApple

BlueApple is an asset to this community

I did what I do and I found out the watch Kameda wore in Noudouteki Sanpunkan is a "Skagen" brand watch.

You can actually buy it for $75 on amazon.

The other watch brands in case you are interested: Omega (Ringo), Casio (Izawa), Zeno-watch Basel (Uki), & Hamilton (Hata).
BlueApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.09.13, 09:50 PM   #62
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

That's quite a sexy watch actually
Old 2011.09.13, 11:46 PM   #63
ChickShhh

ChickShhh puts considerable thought into their posts

BlueApple you are a dictionary!
How about the cardigan Hata wore in Noudouteki Sanpunkan?
ChickShhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.09.14, 02:32 PM   #64
BlueApple

I wish I could tell you, but I can't!

Also, most of the information I give is pretty easy to obtain since it can be found in magazines, liner notes, etc. The fact that watches have their brands written on their watch faces helps too. Occasionally, I'll chance upon something like Ringo's dress from the Discovery promotional pictures or her necklace in Atarashii Bunmei-kaika, but that's just luck.
Old 2011.09.20, 01:03 AM   #65
ChickShhh

http://www.vogue.it/en/uomo-vogue/st...8/ringo-shiina

Has this been posted before?
Old 2011.09.20, 04:33 AM   #66
BlueApple

Yep, but not in the fashion thread. I remember it being in.... the trivia thread? I think.
Old 2011.09.20, 08:57 AM   #67
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

I think the fact there is a "fashion thread" here now, like a Madonna or Britney Spears forum, is really depressing.
Old 2011.09.20, 09:34 AM   #68
ChickShhh

^ I think there's a reason why people prefer posting in fashion thread rather than the DaiHakken thread.....

I don't want to disappear like other old members did.
Old 2011.09.20, 12:24 PM   #69
BlueApple

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
I think the fact there is a "fashion thread" here now, like a Madonna or Britney Spears forum, is really depressing.
OH NO. HOW DARE ANYONE TALK ABOUT ANYTHING OTHER THAN RINGO'S MUSIC? It's not like everyone hasn't commented on Ringo's (and the band's to some extent) appearance and clothing before. There just happens to be a thread for it now.

and I'll be honest, I'm a little disappointed that having an interest in your favorite musician's clothing is "depressing." I'm not the most critical person when it comes to music, so generally, I don't feel like I have anything superbly mind-blowing or important to add in most of the music threads, but fashion and fashion design is something I'm very interested in, and it also happens to be my major. SO YEAH, I am kind of happy that this thread exists, and I do post in it quite often.

In general, fashion design is an art form in its own right, and it can be used as a way to express yourself just like music. I apologize for the minor rant, but it just makes me angry that fashion or any interest in fashion has this stereotype of superficiality.
Old 2011.09.20, 01:25 PM   #70
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by ChickShhh View Post
^ I think there's a reason why people prefer posting in fashion thread rather than the DaiHakken thread.....

I don't want to disappear like other old members did.
I know that feel

Blue Apple, please don't take my post personally, if you did. Our two previous posts were incidental to each other. Your post did not somehow illicit my bile. This thread is just a comparatively active one and it disappointing to me that the community/scene/what-have-you has evolved to where this is a progressing topic. Not that my opinion matters at all. This is just a topic foreign to artists I normally gravitate towards, and with each year, more and more, fashion and clothes and make up and all that crap become part of the Shiina Ringo repetoire. And that's valid, and it's valid for people to discuss should they choose. It's just not for me and wish the main draw was still the music -- but I guess there's not alot there to chew on anymore.