Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2008.05.09, 10:43 AM   #71
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

So were taking rough translations over what Neko posted now? =p

I think not.
Old 2008.05.09, 04:42 PM   #72
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

hahaha Jihad

freckle girl, it makes no sense the way you've presented it because you can't drop a verb and assume it makes sense. that is what is different between english and japanese. in japanese you can usually drop everything *except* the verb and have the sentence make sense, which is why people sometimes only reply things like "aru" when asked "nani nani shita koto ha aru?" etc etc

just to prove my point I asked an actual translater ;;oh noes;; and they agree with me on this one.

so stop parading around like you know everything and are the official translator of everything ringo to the world because your not and I think there are other people like Yahiko and such on this board who can speak plenty of Japanese and remain quite so as to not bicker with a moderator

Yahiko: thanks, I totally missed that in the e-mail, XD I bow down to youuuuu
Old 2008.05.09, 05:54 PM   #73
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts

Name:  ouch.png
Views: 7
Size:  6.8 KBouch;

so it was really in the mail? LOL

is yattsuke shigoto considered an a-side? o.O

Yoeko Kurahashi?
Old 2008.05.09, 08:12 PM   #74
kuro_neko

technically zecchoushu was considered a single release and yattsuke shigoto was the a-side to promote it. it is listed under singles on her official discography on kronekodow and the video was used to promote the release. however, I don't think it was released as an intended single for the use of KZK. And the version on the single was a studio recording so I don't think she would rerecord it anyways.

in retrospect my remarks were a bit harsh but I stand by them. i'm tired of having the japanese police on these boards. especially with speculated lyrics to new songs and fan translations of news and material. whatever gets the discussion away from OMG RINGO SUCKS and more onto hey new info/music XDXD
Old 2008.05.09, 08:43 PM   #75
kuro_neko

counting koufukuron once and zecchoushu, up through her latest single ringo has had 11 singles, which is conveniently half the number of tracks listed. so if she includes every single and then couples them with one song, either b-side or new, you would have a perfect 2 cd set. with her thing for symmetry, it wouldn't surprise me if she got around the title symmetry by pulled a UM again and organizing the two cds are mirrors, having the 11 singles on one cd, then reflecting each single on the second cd with its coupling b-side/album track/unreleased track etc.
Old 2008.05.09, 09:15 PM   #76
Jonny

Jonny puts considerable thought into their posts

Totally going in November. :-)
Also looking forward to Mellow... and any release...
without any expectations however :-X
Old 2008.05.09, 09:15 PM   #77
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts

O_O I dont think the a-sides will be in the CD

Yoeko Kurahashi?
Old 2008.05.09, 09:22 PM   #78
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

I always love how anything not "OMGOMG : D" is automatically "Shiina sucks."
Old 2008.05.10, 12:43 AM   #79
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

wtf kuro... I wasn't trying to parade around at all. In Japanese they often leave off the last verb. Like in Chihiro Onitsuka's "Watashi to Waltz o" or a lyric of hers "watashi ni kiseki o."

I said... like a lot... that it was my personal interpretation. I wasnt trying to parade around anything or act like it was better than yours. And I still, as I said, stand by my interpretation. But I don't care if anyone agrees or disagrees. It's my personal thing, I'm not trying to prove anything. Not sure why you're getting so huffy because I never intended to start some translator's debate. (Although you're not a translator... you've said yourself that it's hard for you to transfer your understanding of a Japanese sentence into English, whereas it's not that hard for me.)

uhhh... this is my final word cause this is, as always, getting ridiculous. *shrugs* what you think has no bearing on what translation I put up on my personal site.......
Old 2008.05.10, 01:14 AM   #80
natsume

natsume is an asset to this community

I also hope these new discs are not full of "a"-sides. All great, but also all a bit overplayed. Doesn't it seem like the DVD will handle the a-sides, for the most part? It will be disappointing if the CDs mirror the DVD too closely, I think.

I had actually never heard ZCS until today, believe it or not. I had never heard Mellow. Great fucking song! And So Cold, I had only ever heard that snippet on Electric Mole, also a great song! That's a respectable Onaji yoru as well.
Closed Thread