Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2008.08.20, 11:22 AM   #831
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Zero Punctuation just seriously BURNED Soul Calibur IV. That's not going to stop me from buying the game though. With or without Star Wars characters, I love the flow of the combat, compared to other fighting games. The flow has been the main selling point ever since the first game on the Dreamcast, which I managed to play while it was new. I actually prefer Hwang over the character they replaced him with (Yun-Seong), but I might be alone on that.
Old 2008.08.20, 11:31 AM   #832
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

The new Soul Calibur is awesome!! Darth Vader is not quite as good to fight with as he looks but it's still the best fun! Soul Calibur is the best fighting series ever!! I still prefer the DC version best.

(I used the word 'best' a lot there)
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.20, 11:38 AM   #833
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

I'm sorry to interrupt, but the Zero Ponctuation video for Psychonauts is aaaawesome.
Now, proceed with the Soul Calibur 4 discussion
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.20, 12:49 PM   #834
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

I never owned a Dreamcast, so there were some limitations to how much I got to play the first Soul Calibur. But from what I can recall, there weren't as many takedown moves. You could combo together more hits not necessarily in a shut-out way where the other person has no chance of interrupting, but more hits in the sense that those hits would damage your opponent without quite bringing them to the ground. In the later games, throws become more abusive, and the potential combos are getting shorter. Technically that's all a little more realistic, but it's just not as much fun. I also prefer Edgemaster over any of the random-weapon characters of the later games.

Projectile attacks also piss me off. I don't remember seeing any of that in the first Soul Calibur, but there's more and more of it in the later games. It's not to say I don't want to play a fighting game with projectiles - I just don't want them in Soul Calibur. Leave the fireballs to Street Fighter (which has a much more clutter-free moveset than Mortal Kombat in my opinion). Speaking of Mortal Kombat, when was the last halfway decent game that they ever made? I barely keep track of what they've been releasing lately, and I almost don't even wanna know. The franchise seems so over-milked and overrated.
Old 2008.08.20, 12:57 PM   #835
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Projectile attacks are trash!! I hate them cause they cheapen the fight! my characters I stick with are Mitsurugi/Yoshimitsu though I've practiced and became adept with all the characters bar Voldo (whom I dislike) as for mortal Kombat ? the last decent one (in my opinion) was the one on PS2
I'm not sure what it was called but the one with all the unlockables in the 'Krypt' and the 'immortal' music video (which was cringeworthy) solid gameplay though.
Old 2008.08.20, 05:16 PM   #836
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

The last MK game I thought was any good was Mortal Kombat Trilogy.
Old 2008.08.20, 05:22 PM   #837
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Attached Images
File Type: gif picasion.com_e25fc149345053996b10d332fe6f87e3.gif (17.1 KB, 49 views)
Old 2008.08.20, 05:28 PM   #838
nappyhead

nappyhead pleased at least somebody

The first three Soul Caliber yes, the fourth meh but at least they changed Tira's look and improved, slightly, the customized characters. My favorite character: Seung mina and Talim. but lemme go back to my Tobal no.1 and then I'll whip some Yoda ass.
nappyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.20, 05:31 PM   #839
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

I love Dead or Alive 1!! I have the Sega Model 2 emulator and it kicks ass!!
Old 2008.08.21, 11:24 AM   #840
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

Aynobdy played the Force Unleashed demo today? Seemed cool, but they only showed off one type of enemy, and you didn't get any of the advanced forcepower and combos to play around with.

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote