Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2009.04.29, 11:41 AM   #81
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by ShinjiPG View Post
So EM is the greatest thing ever created?
No, but it's certainly better than KSK.

The KSK fanboys/girls have really been getting on my nerves lately. I have no idea how KSK being my least favorite solo album has anything to do with thinking the EM version of Meisai is better than the album version or why that even came up. Do you? Apparently merman does. Enlighten me.

Yes, even EM Odaijini is better than the album version. KSK vocals have no emotion. That "weird" guitar effect is nothing more than a heavily feedbacking guitar being strummed behind the saddles. Yay for hating pop again.
Old 2009.04.29, 12:14 PM   #82
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

I prefer KSK over EM partly because each song doesn't have the Tokyo Jihen Phase 1 style overpowering it. KSK wasn't written as a rock/pop album, and that implies that the music won't be performed how it was originally intended by a rock/pop band. Nothing against Phase 1, but every song they performed from KSK has their style infused into it, and that's not what I want to hear in KSK songs. Even if you prefer EM, you have to admit that the very essences of many of the songs were changed when they were performed live. I'm also not a big fan of Phase 2's Souretsu for the same reason.
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.29, 12:25 PM   #83
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by fluffiethesock View Post
Even if you prefer EM, you have to admit that the very essences of many of the songs were changed when they were performed live. I'm also not a big fan of Phase 2's Souretsu for the same reason.
Yes, and that's why it's better. I'm one of the only people who thinks KSK is too eccentric for its own good. With the exception of Poltergeist (which is the song I should've been called out on) being simplified the Phase 1 way really works for these songs. I for one don't want to hear Ukigumo making goofy mouth noises instead of a bass.

Phase 2 was alright, but nothing special. It fails because of the ending.
Old 2009.04.29, 02:06 PM   #84
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

;;sigh;;

opinions are opinions, you are not just going to change someone's mind about why they like something that easily. KZK was a studio album, when ringo made it the last part of her mind was probably concerned with how to render it live. some of us prefer it that, some of us don't. but arguing about preferences and who is right takes us no where
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.29, 04:16 PM   #85
fluffiethesock

Neko, you're probably feeling how I do when everyone goes on and on about Variety being abominable.
I'm just like DATS UR OPINION I GOT MINE 2 LOL
Obviously people like some things that others hate... but there's no harm in discussing different tastes, non?
Old 2009.04.29, 04:26 PM   #86
kuro_neko

yeah, I get it, opinions change, but the way this forum reacts to new releases is kind of hilarious. Like Ringo EXPO is prime example. It was like THIS IS AWESOME and then maybe a week or two go by and people realize the entire performance is nu-ringo led by Saito Neko and suddenly a new hate wave forms for that too.

ringo's music is ecclectic and wide-ranging enough that we will probably never agree on most things but the way people battle can be tiring, especially as of late. I think some people need to evaluate their fandom a bit more.
Old 2009.04.29, 04:45 PM   #87
Osiris12345

Osiris12345 deserves a fucking medal

kuro, that's crazy talk! Didn't you get the memo that newer Ringo releases have enjoyment expiration dates?

And everyone knows that both Saito Neko and Ukigumo go into their secret layer inside a volcano and scheme up new and diabolical ways to destroy Ringo's career. I thought that was just common knowledge on this forum!
Old 2009.04.29, 05:04 PM   #88
kuro_neko

really? that makes perfect sense...I was always wondering what those little numbers printed alongside the inside of the disc meant...

this is just one more way that Ringo is like Milk, furthering my theory that Ringo is herself not a human being but actually walking talking milk. For instance, both Ringo and milk are full of creamy white goodness that may turn sour in the sun. Also, Ringo and milk both come in fat free, 2%, 1%, full, and soy varieties.
Old 2009.04.29, 05:15 PM   #89
fluffiethesock

And Ringo is being prevented from spoiling because she has a floating cloud blocking out the sun, keeping her fresh and wonderful. It makes sense... keep up the good work, neko!
Old 2009.04.29, 08:07 PM   #90
kuro_neko

no no no no, that floating cloud isn't "floating" in the sense of being in the sky, but rather, "floating" in such a way as you would describe shit floating on the surface of toilet water, and he is in fact dirtying ringo's pureness. ringo needs to flush him down the drain, no more shit on a stick.