Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2015.09.02, 06:06 PM   #941
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by FadedSun View Post
I'm interested in the DVD, but I'll probably download it. I want to see how well her voice sounds in that venue. It looks decently sized.
There was a couple 'rough cuts' (no post processing) on the last DVD from the same show. Kyuru Kyuru sounded pretty great.

BTW, the venue is the same venue that Dynamite Out was shot if I'm not mistaken...

Originally Posted by Hideki View Post
...and yet again, I arrive in Japan two days before her Birthday gig, and leave a before this new release comes out. UGH. If it was a few days before I could probably get lucky and they would have it out like they usually do but 6 days is probably a little too long for a pre-street date kinda release. I'll probably wait inside tower records until the very last second before I need to leave for the airport T_T
Man, that's pretty painful. Nevermind though, you can probably get the DVD/Blu Ray cheaper from Amazon Japan than you would any store anyway (true facts).

I'm waiting for them to list Maron Hamada's album so I can preorder (they come out around the same time) both, but somewhere on the line, someones taking their time with it.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2015.09.02 at 06:13 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.09.02, 06:07 PM   #942
Kitty

Kitty has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by Hideki View Post
Since it's a song written for and used in an anime, would it have something to do with a character/s in the series in question? I love the interpretation, but I always thought the lyrics were probably in reference to the show...which I haven't seen so can't say much about. Not really interested in Shokugeki no Souma, but I did pull up an episode on Hulu just to hear Sacchan

btw there was some hubbub on her official site about a wrong version of the song being used in one episode of the anime...did anyone catch that? (I'll probably check back to confirm)
It makes sense that the song relates to the anime, but with Seiko's genius for lyric writing, I wouldn't be surprised if she put a little more depth into the lyrics that goes beyond the content of the anime. The fact that Sacchan isn't a character in the anime might be hinting at that.

From what little I know about the anime, the general themes of competition between rivals, and overlap between sexual desire and gastronomical desire fit very well with the show, but how much we want to interpret additional meaning into the song is up to us and whatever Seiko tells us.

I didn't know about episode 15 having a different version of the song, but I looked at her website and you're right. I had previously read on Seiko's blog about her being annoyed about a version of the song getting aired that she didn't want anyone to ever hear, and at the time I wasn't really sure what she was talking about, but it makes sense that she was referring to that episode. She explained that it was recorded early in her pregnancy, while she was still performing live regularly, and as she puts it, her "remaining physical strength, her "HP" and her magical strength to give her best effort, her "MP" were completely zero."

Here is a link to the blog entry.
http://blog.livedoor.jp/omorimorimor.../52218547.html
Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.09.02, 06:10 PM   #943
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

^ Anyone got link to ep 15 version??? I don't really know anime sites
Old 2015.09.02, 06:19 PM   #944
Kitty

I'll send you a PM. As a courtesy to Seiko, I'd rather not provide too much help for the world to listen to a recording that she isn't happy with.
Old 2015.09.02, 06:24 PM   #945
deadgrandma

Ah I see the difference, but it's not as bad as that Ringo NIPPON peformance or anything :-p

And this anime looks fucking awful. Why would anyone watch this?
Old 2015.09.02, 10:11 PM   #946
deadgrandma

Some kind of bonus you get when you order from Amazon... need some clarification on exactly what I'm looking at...

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2015.09.02 at 10:16 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.09.03, 05:13 AM   #947
FadedSun

FadedSun raises the standards of what a community can offer

In the second photo, those kanji are a made up word. It means something like "Photo-mask, or photo-surface" and the first image, it says "Illustration-mask/surface". Must be some sort of theme Seiko has for this DVD.
FadedSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.09.03, 05:04 PM   #948
Kitty

^ I think I found the answer. It appears to be a "Double A side poster" (両A面ポスター), in other words a two sided poster (I just like that Seiko is playing with the term used for singles for a poster), that comes with DVD. Appears to come with both the DVD and the BR but don't take my word on it. So one is the illustration side (イラスト面) and the other is the photo side (写真面) of pictures taken during the live (or still frames from the video, don't know if that would make a difference).

The weird thing is, I just noticed from the image that the sizes are different for the BR and the DVD, so I'm guessing the posters might be different somewhat? Seems strange that the DVD one is bigger but hard to know especially since Amazon seems to have taken down that page.

Info from a Natalie article. http://natalie.mu/comic/news/158873

Last edited by Kitty : 2015.09.03 at 05:07 PM.
Old 2015.09.03, 05:45 PM   #949
Kitty

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
Ah I see the difference, but it's not as bad as that Ringo NIPPON peformance or anything :-p

And this anime looks fucking awful. Why would anyone watch this?
I get the feeling that Seiko holds herself to extremely high standards. It reminds of an episode I read about a while ago, where Seiko started yelling at the members of the Pink Tokarev in the middle of a live for being out of key, and then for messing up the tempo. Finally they got the song right on the third try.

Especially considering that a lot of people might have been introduced to her music through the anime (although maybe less likely from one episode in the middle of the show), it makes sense to want the right version to be used.

While I might not have the most objective perspective on things, considering the extremely high quality of pretty much everything she records (albums, lives, etc), I wouldn't be surprised if it takes very little for her to consider a less than perfect work as completely unacceptable.

And through the powers of google, I found a live report for the night she got pissed at the Pink Tokarev's performance.
http://30moratorium.com/oomoriloftbar/
Old 2015.09.03, 06:39 PM   #950
deadgrandma

Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
The weird thing is, I just noticed from the image that the sizes are different for the BR and the DVD, so I'm guessing the posters might be different somewhat? Seems strange that the DVD one is bigger but hard to know especially since Amazon seems to have taken down that page.
Why is it weird? Blu Ray cases are smaller than DVD cases, if it comes with it I naturally assume it's going to be folded...

Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
I get the feeling that Seiko holds herself to extremely high standards. It reminds of an episode I read about a while ago, where Seiko started yelling at the members of the Pink Tokarev in the middle of a live for being out of key, and then for messing up the tempo. Finally they got the song right on the third try.
How very... Togawa :-p

I love it. Ringo shoulda done this with Jihen.