Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2008.09.15, 10:33 AM   #951
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

So, I reached the center of the galaxy, in Spore.
What now? ;_;
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.15, 11:25 AM   #952
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

EO)(#R)(#*R)(#R)(*#R)(#R
FUCKCKCKCC RED ring of death!!!! Just when i came home with two new games!!!!!

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.
http://www.last.fm/user/cjhobbies00
cjhobbies00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.15, 12:27 PM   #953
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

I don't know why that keeps happening. I don't remember the 32bit or 128bit generation having that much amount of problems :S
Old 2008.09.15, 12:32 PM   #954
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

aye but back then those machines were plug and play no messin' nowadays the consoles have to be the focus of your "Digital Lifestyle" all hard drives and media centres!! that stuff always breaks! in fact my 360 packed up aswell and I had to replace it not that long ago
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.15, 12:37 PM   #955
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

That sucks. Was one of them Rock Band 2? That would frustrate me like nothing else. Fortunately you can get it repaired entirely free, and my encounter with Microsoft's replacement team was quick and painless. I had a new system back in my house literally within 7 days (plus a free month of Xbox Live).

Shinji, there have been problems with a lot of consoles through the years, some of them almost as widespread as the RRoD (PS2 disc read error). I do believe Nintendo had fairly widespread problems with either the NES or SNES. It is one of the unfortunate side effects of not enough testing and rushing the system to the market to get ahead of the competition and luckily they've sorted it out now (The new Jasper 360 CPU's run at industry standard failure rate (Something like < 4.5%)).

As much as you may think getting the system out early has backfired as Microsoft have had to pay over $1billion in repairs, I honestly think their 1 year headstart wholly solidified the position they are in now; with a stronger brand, a lot more sales and a much stronger line-up of both new titles and once-Sony titles plus greater developer support. The RRoD is an unfortunate side-effect of this, and by far the greatest shadow cast on the system but had they perfected the hardware over another year and released alongside the PS3 and Wii, we'd be looking at a very different market.
Old 2008.09.15, 12:40 PM   #956
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

Screw them, then :|
I had a Wii for a while and I already felt some of the problems of this "next-gen": the controllers. I don't kow how much batteries I bought, but they were many and only for, hm, 2 or 3 months. If that's the console with most sales, I think battery sellers should be very happy with the deal.
Anyway, it was horrible to do a boss battle in Twilight Princess and the controler dying, just because I forgot to check the batteries!
</rant>

Last edited by ShinjiPG : 2008.09.15 at 12:44 PM.
Old 2008.09.15, 12:46 PM   #957
cjhobbies00

ugh, i bought it on a local listing, have no reciepts. I don't think i can wait 7 days for microsoft to send me a new system.

I'm taking it to a store tomorrow to have it fixed for 60 bucks. Use some of that cash I won at Atlantic city.

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
Old 2008.09.15, 12:50 PM   #958
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

I knew nothing about this Microsoft free repair ? they seriously did that for nothing ? I threw mine in the bin
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.15, 12:54 PM   #959
cjhobbies00

Originally Posted by Ringo~Bingo View Post
I knew nothing about this Microsoft free repair ? they seriously did that for nothing ? I threw mine in the bin
I think they extended the waranty to three years for early buyers of the crappy xboxs.

Old 2008.09.15, 12:56 PM   #960
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by cjhobbies00 View Post
ugh, i bought it on a local listing, have no reciepts. I don't think i can wait 7 days for microsoft to send me a new system.

I'm taking it to a store tomorrow to have it fixed for 60 bucks. Use some of that cash I won at Atlantic city.
You don't need a receipt, or an extended warranty or anything. Every single Xbox 360 in the world is eligible for free RRoD repairs as long as the silver warranty sticker behind the faceplate is still intact. Just ring them up and tell them your serial number. They'll even send a guy to come pick it up for free in a free box Is 7 days of gaming really worth $60?

Shinji, both the Xbox 360 offers wired pads and the charger for both the 360 and PS3 can be kept in the pads at all times even during play, essentially making them wired unless you want to unplug. There is no need to keep buying batteries, or to have a pad made useless until charge. Heck the 360 pad works even with no batter pack in as long as the charger is connected.