Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2009.08.28, 04:39 PM   #41
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Depends on the sales figures I guess. If this stuff sells out then she's gonna churn out more probably.
*Sunday Morning Chit-Chat*
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.28, 05:01 PM   #42
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I really don't think she gives a shit:

In past interviews, Shiina Ringo "Music is art not matter" has been said

According to babelfish translations. And although 'art' hasn't a set definition and doesn't necessarily equate to good music, she clearly doesn't care about achieving the potential people here once saw in her.

So it's just best to forget about it and go with the flow. Ringo wants to make casual music, so just be a casual listener

(Sanmon Gossip is good for what it is)
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.28, 05:05 PM   #43
s3r3nity

s3r3nity is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post

According to babelfish translations. And although 'art' hasn't a set definition and doesn't necessarily equate to good music, she clearly doesn't care about achieving the potential people here once saw in her.

So it's just best to forget about it and go with the flow. Ringo wants to make casual music, so just be a casual listener
Maybe I'm misreading something, but I don't see how her stating that music is art equates to her not caring about achieving her potential. It depends on what definition of matter it is, imo. If it's matter as in "doesn't matter", then i can see where you're coming from. But if it's matter as in "the stuff that's around us", then I think she's just stating that music doesn't have a form, and that it's more of an idea than something you can grasp on to.
Old 2009.08.28, 05:18 PM   #44
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Maybe. But it's only a babelfish translation of Japanese of all things, so nothing much can come out of debating this. I did also read another comment about 'shaking off genius' re:Bonsai Hada though. And the random statement on the wiki that says Shiina considers herself a creator of 'light music' or something like that.

Last edited by Scribble R : 2009.08.28 at 05:28 PM.
Old 2009.08.28, 05:33 PM   #45
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post

(Sanmon Gossip is good for what it is)
um, your forgetting SG was born out of comment cards from Ringo EXPO which consisted of fans requesting she release more solo music. Before that, Variety was born out of comment cards and fan mail requesting Ringo let the boys contribute more music to a Jihen release. In both instances she complied, she has shown every dedication to her fans and what they would like from her. I don't think she would go so far as to write music that her fans would like, ie, I don't think when in the creative process she is tailoring her vision to what her fans prefer, but she has shown a dedication to listening to the her fan's opinions. If she received negative feedback about the current projects I'm sure she wouldn't bother to milk it. in fact, every era gets a limited LP, a DVD clip compilation, a single, and an album, at the very least more or less, so these releases aren't pushing it too far.

but if her fans made an effort to get the message of disappoint out to her with her current releases I'm sure she would take it to hear. part of being an artist is constructive criticism.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.28, 06:04 PM   #46
Scribble R

It's like "Choose-Your-Own-ShiinAdventure"! (Except every page leads to a Bad End)

I dunno, tbqh. The speculation could go on forever (Which it has), but the music speaks for itself. I will say though -- do really think that the same fans that cry "TO-KYO!" during Botoumin performances will offer their 'constructive criticism' of Shiina's recent products? No. Ringo could merely glance at her Amazon reviews and fathom that everything she does is perfect.
Old 2009.08.28, 09:18 PM   #47
mizer_unmei

mizer_unmei raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by ecogazoo View Post
Hmmm.. I'm pretty sure it's Singin' in the Rain, then. Those Gene Kelly ballets all seem to run together in my memory...
That's totally it! All I remembered of Singin' in the Rain was the first green-flapper dress dance he did with her, but now re watching it, I forgot they had this whole storyline involving her at another nightclub too.

So, in addition to the Debbie Reynold's bit it reminds me of this too:
Aww, Cyd Charisse is dead. That saddened me almost as much as Karl Malden's death did :(.

So I've concluded that Ringo really likes Singin' in the Rain.

last.fm
mizer_unmei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.28, 09:31 PM   #48
ROCKET

ROCKET pleased at least somebody

I was avoiding saying that since I had read this forum for the first time in 2006, but ok, here I go...

I like the new album. A LOT. The good thing about Shiina Ringo is that she is always making some different kind of music, a new release of her is always a surprise. Are you saying that SG music is shitty music? Sorry, but I think it is a great musical work. Great arrangements and melodies, as expected from her.

Maybe most of you who don't like the new albums are just expecting more rock songs. Well, why don't you take your MM and SS and keep on listening to it? I am part of the fans who are happy with Ringo presenting us with new kinds of music. I think you don't understand the concept of "Variety" (pun-intended), at all. It is ok to not like some new songs, but come on... saying the music is mediocre, shitty, casual or whatever... I think you are going too far.

Shiina Ringo is a unique artist in these days, and she likes to try, it is HER music, and expression of herself, her life, her thoughts, emotions and experiences. She can't come back to when she was 17, and her school was in her country, and people said that she was different. She has new aspirations now, and her music is sincere, so it follows her true feelings. At least, that is the way I see it.

I got bored of those bands and artists who are never surprising. I mean... here comes a new KISS album, taking a random example. Ok, I love KISS, I love classic hard rock, but I'm gonna listen to it to maybe a couple weeks and then it is gonna be left aside. The same with L'Arc~en~Ciel albums since Smile. They just keep the different songs for their solo releases, and Laruku became a "standard". That's the truth. I don't want Shiina Ringo to keep on repeating the formulas of her old albums, to become a standard based on her own success in the past. Thanks God she has bravery enough to challenge angry fans like you guys and keep on doing her thing with sincerity.

Don't wanna bother anyone, that is just my opinion, as you are saying yours.

www.myspace.com/maximauze
ROCKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.28, 10:30 PM   #49
Osiris12345

Osiris12345 deserves a fucking medal

I know I'm late to the party but the Irokoizata PV sucked. Hard.
Old 2009.08.29, 03:53 AM   #50
Scribble R

Wow, the guitarist in Maboroshi is from Super Butter Dog? (In addition to Ikeda) Sanmon Gossip is so incestuous =D