Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2007.10.09, 11:15 PM   #81
Izam

Izam pleased at least somebody

^^ Do you have any SR posters? I saw a few of those flying around before.
Izam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.09, 11:24 PM   #82
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

I have the KYNK poster, and the Dynamite In/Out poster, and the Seteiki Healing Vol 1&2 poster. Ringo/Jihen posters related to DVDs are almost always disappointing to look at. The KYNK poster is nice though.

Posters are mostly last on my list of Shiina Ringo goods to pursue. There's a couple of heavy hitters who bid large everytime the same rare posters (like Honnou or anything from the Muzai Moratorium era) show up. I have my eye on a small handful of poster auctions already, but I'm also noticing the same abusive bidders I've seen before, and I'm gonna let the auctions go. Plus I've bought too many other rares lately, and my wallet isn't bottomless. For the price these same few folk will pay for one poster, you could buy several vinyls, and I haven't lost all my marbles yet, so I'm choosing my battles where I can win them.

That's one thing about roaming Yahoo! Japan Auctions all the time. You start to profile some of the sellers and bidders, and you know which opportunities are around the corner, and which bidders are serious, and which bidders are scavengers (placing weak bids on many rare auctions at once - hoping a few will go unnoticed and slip through). I would never call a true collector a scavenger if they were low on funds and just doing what they can, but I've seen people who bid low all the time, then just relist the few items they win, for jacked up prices. They don't get away with that shit on my watch.
Old 2007.10.09, 11:30 PM   #83
Izam

Izam pleased at least somebody

^you have so much stuff ^^ I haven't been collecting things in terms of music for awhile now. I've been spending money on something else (which burns even bigger holes in my wallet)
Izam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.11, 06:23 PM   #84
Arachno

Arachno pleased at least somebody

All the albums and a few of the DVDs.

I should take advantage of living in Japan, but CDs and DVDs are stupidly expensive here.
Old 2007.10.11, 06:56 PM   #85
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

How much is a CD over there in USD? I always wonder whether CDjapan jacks up the price because they are importing it or if it is just because CDs are expensive in Japan.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.11, 07:03 PM   #86
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

CDJapan certainly does not jack up CD prices. On the contrary, they charge the retail Yen price, and they remove the embeded sales tax if you're outside Japan, and that final price is converted straight from Yen to USD. Sometimes they charge even less than that.

Japanese CDs are simply more expensive on average to begin with, because their economy is so different. Even McDonalds food will cost 2-3 times more in Japan than it will in the United States.

If anyone jacks up Japanese CD prices, it's YesAsia, so they can give you 'free' shipping, and Amazon.com USA, because they're batshit crazy if they think anyone will pay will pay $40 for Kyoiku.
Old 2007.10.11, 07:07 PM   #87
HEDOfloe

Yes! That is great to hear! Then it is pretty crazy that they do have to pay around $25 for an album @_@.
Old 2007.10.12, 01:54 AM   #88
EmilScherbe
nameless monster

EmilScherbe knows what you did last summerEmilScherbe knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Arachno View Post
I should take advantage of living in Japan, but CDs and DVDs are stupidly expensive here.
Go, Book Off.
You can easily find 250yen 1st press SS or 100yen Honnou as used Disk
along with soo many past million or plutinum sold disks in 1/10 price.
(my 1-5th Judy and Mary album were obtained from Book Off in 250yen/CD)

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
Even McDonalds food will cost 2-3 times more in Japan than it will in the United States.
The Big Mac index
http://www.economist.com/markets/ind...ory_id=8649005
United States $3.22
Japan 280yen = $2.31
my 200yen 'dinner'
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN3340_1.jpg (65.7 KB, 152 views)

Last edited by EmilScherbe : 2007.10.12 at 03:43 AM.
EmilScherbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.12, 04:32 AM   #89
HEDOfloe

Wow! It is cheaper in Japan. How does that happen if the dollar is worth more than the yen?

EDIT: You're teasing me with that image emil
Old 2007.10.12, 08:22 AM   #90
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

The burger looks soo mini and adorable!