Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2008.10.01, 06:47 AM   #21
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

I probably wouldn't have been up in arms save for the "what's really important" line, which is a kind of subjective jab. If someone makes a long post and says they are pulling a Glanth, that is a bit different from implying something more subjective.

but then again I'm not going to pursue anything, that is why ultimately I edited my post and after this response won't bring it up.

On a whole this board has a bad reputation among non-members on the entire, primarily for a general lack of acceptance/respect and strong opinions. this would be a prime example.

and that post I wrote about ringo being death was supposed to be a huge joke grasping at straws in light of what other people had written etc. I didn't know there was a reputation that proceeded my posts.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.01, 08:33 AM   #22
zarya

zarya is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
On a whole this board has a bad reputation among non-members on the entire, primarily for a general lack of acceptance/respect and strong opinions. this would be a prime example.
I've heard that a lot too, on other boards (JPM, tracker forums), or on other communities (LJ). People are afraid to be beat up because they actually like some of the things that continually and unjustly get trampled upon.
zarya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.01, 08:38 AM   #23
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

I think that's weak!! if you disagree with what people are saying then stand the hell up and air your opinions!! this is the internet, nobody's going to be able to physically hurt you anyway, and forums are about opinions that are both for and against any particular subject.. seriously! if they can bitch about this forum from the safety of being afar, then they should be able to come here and air their views!

I love Zazen so come beat me up over that!! I'm not going anywhere regardless of how others feel about it!
If somebody said that Zazen was dull and Yayoshi can't play guitar then so what ? I'm not in agreement but I won't lose sleep over it!!
These arguments can only be as serious as the individual is willing to take them.

Last edited by Ringo~Bingo : 2008.10.01 at 08:43 AM.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.01, 10:09 AM   #24
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Ringo~Bingo View Post
I think that's weak!! if you disagree with what people are saying then stand the hell up and air your opinions!! this is the internet, nobody's going to be able to physically hurt you anyway, and forums are about opinions that are both for and against any particular subject.. seriously! if they can bitch about this forum from the safety of being afar, then they should be able to come here and air their views!

I love Zazen so come beat me up over that!! I'm not going anywhere regardless of how others feel about it!
If somebody said that Zazen was dull and Yayoshi can't play guitar then so what ? I'm not in agreement but I won't lose sleep over it!!
These arguments can only be as serious as the individual is willing to take them.
considering this is the internet and anyone around the globe can access and join this discussion, you have to bear in mind differences in culture. If anyone on here reads Japanese boards you'd be hard pressed to find anything nearly as analytical as this board, or even remotely close to it. Simply stating it, this board is what I would consider extremely Western, being mostly Americans and Europeans, and as such the conversations reflect that. There is more opinions openly stated and back and forth debates going on. That isn't a bad thing at all. However, not all people here respond positively to that environment.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.01, 10:18 AM   #25
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Strong opinions, no doubt. But the lack of acceptance I think comes from the people that don't post (often) or, dare I generalize, Phase 2 fans. These fans seemingly "can't accept" that people dislike the stuff they like -- whereas I don't think the "old fans" have that ambivalence. We/I may crack jokes about stuff we/I don't like, but I don't pretend people don't like Variety, phase 2, whatever.

I think the big exception is fluffie. Fluffie is not the stereotypical EMFer, in fact you could say hes the opposite. He likes Jihen, but not so much Shiina solo (which I do try to come to terms wih Fluffie, I tryyyy) but yet he is still a valued and respected member. He doesn't make a big stink (like some people) with those that express interests contrary to his, even tho it did take him a while to come back around. Granted he doesn't make big ol "SS sux!" threads/posts (not that I assume thats his opinion.)

Just like I don't make a big stink when people rail against songs like Superstar or Fukushuu -- I love em, I think they're great, its a shame not everyone likes them -- tho I can imagine why they don't (espescially Fukushuu.) I can see how this can be tough for people to grasp but i think if you can come in and see that just because this is a forum of strong opinions doesn't equate to it being a close-minded place (based off of people disliking different things.)

In summary: fluffie 4 prezident.
Old 2008.10.01, 10:26 AM   #26
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

To be honest it is very, very, very rare that a person is disrespected or trampled on here. Sure, we may agree and disagree; but this is a forum. That is the point. Nobody, Variety fan or not, should be unwilling to come here because a few people may disagree with them. This place isn't some fanboy ridden corner of the web. If you have something decent to say and if you argue your cause, you won't get bullied or bashed. When has that happened here? I mean sure, Variety might get destroyed by some, to put it lightly, but that's the nature of having discussion forums. If you're scared of hearing people talk negatively about things you like, you probably shouldn't be on the internet.

On the contrary, this place is pretty darn mature. It isn't full of childish fools and fanboys. It's full of people from around the world sharing opinions. Some may be harsh, some arguments may grow old, some may spawn an awesome discussion. Regardless, we all generally show respect for members new and old aside from a few bad apples that have been dealt with and of course anybody is welcome here. We have a vast selection of Shiina fans. Some love Variety. Some prefer Jihen. Others are almost strictly solo. If you see a debate you're growing tired of, or an opinion you simply don't want to hear; ignore it and move on.
Old 2008.10.01, 10:45 AM   #27
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Too much text here guys -___-! Hatsuiku Status rocks. That's all. I want that Ringo back.
Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.02, 11:25 AM   #28
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

XD
orenji is simple & clean

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.02, 11:46 AM   #29
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Lena-chan View Post
XD
orenji is simple & clean
Simple and clean is the way that you're making me feel tonight... It's hard to let it go...
Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.02, 06:06 PM   #30
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

There's no need to take things so personally.
If you don't like something that someone said, just neg rep that post and move on.

As for the concert, I don't think I've actually seen it before.