Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2008.06.08, 04:43 AM   #111
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

I share your sentiments, these tall, slow, offensively challenged centers never achieve star status. But I wouldn't be so quick to think that they can't produce for the right team. I think those two have enough basketball IQ to turn into solid rotation players.

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.
http://www.last.fm/user/cjhobbies00
cjhobbies00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.06.08, 07:13 AM   #112
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Ok, i coulda done better. Picking "the big white center(s)" to be a bust is like shooting fish in a barrell.

Ok lets say Anthony Randolph
Old 2008.06.10, 03:24 PM   #113
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Tim Donaghy Alleges Game Fixing in NBA
Ex-NBA referee Tim Donaghy told the feds two refs fixed the outcome of one playoff series - and that officials were told not to eject star players from games for fear of hurting ticket sales.

The bombshell allegations are contained in a court document filed Tuesday by Donaghy's lawyer. It describes the “inner workings" of the NBA in which top league executives used referees to manipulate games.

Donaghy, who pleaded guilty in Brooklyn Federal Court to charges of betting on games he officiated, told FBI agents “league officials would tell referees that they should withhold calling technical fouls on certain star players because doing so hurt ticket sales and television ratings," the document said.
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...stle_on_n.html

That article goes on to mention the infamous Kings-Lakers WCF series in 2002, which as anyone who watched it, including Lakers fans, will say Sac got jobbed a brilliant amount of times.

Now of course, this could be just gobbledygook from a guy whose hosed, but "conspiracy theories" are not new to NBA fans.

EDIT: the 06 (i believe) Rockets-Mavs playoffs matchup is also supposedly directed to call bised against Yao. This is is funny stuff.

Any playoff series [your fav team] lost is cuz of the reffs! (unless youre the Lakers of course )

Last edited by Tokyo Jihad : 2008.06.10 at 06:20 PM.
Tokyo Jihad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.06.10, 07:44 PM   #114
cjhobbies00

There's no doubt in my mind that bias occurs. Is it mandated by the league sometimes? Well, I know that the nba would be in deep shit if it could be proven since it's a federal offense. It would be pretty freaking hard to cover up all this when so many people are involved.
But does Donaghy need to lie? When he's already giving up the people he was working with?
We'll never know, I'm pretty sure Stern will assassinate anyone who reveals NBA secrets. Donaghy better go deep undercover for awhile...

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
Old 2008.06.10, 07:58 PM   #115
Tokyo Jihad

It wouldn't make sense if Donaghy lied to the feds. To get caught lying to the feds is gonna make sure you go away for an even longer time. The fact he pleaded guilty would infer he wants as short a lock-up as possible, I'd think its moronic to think he'd jeopardize that. But I mean, he did gamble and supply info to the mob so I'm sure he has a history of poor decision making...

and what pisses me off is that ESPN is burying this story. When Roger Clements was accused of HGH, they literally stopped the presses. The network shut down, ATH/PTI were bumped so Sportscenter could go non-stop about Clements. Turn it on to ESPN, its a Kobe slurrp-fest. During halftime it was just whispered about (after a slurp-fest) and JVG gave the most forced speech of his life. You can tell hes still totally pissed but doesnt want to lose his job.

Last edited by Tokyo Jihad : 2008.06.10 at 08:03 PM.
Tokyo Jihad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.06.11, 02:42 AM   #116
cjhobbies00

Muhahaha, I know. He had this extremely akward pause in the middle of his speech, probably battling his conscience and telling himself that he needs the money.

I don't blame the man though, I have nothing but love and respect for JVG.

Old 2008.06.11, 06:06 AM   #117
cjhobbies00

going through the espn videos today and it's disgusting how no one really wants to say what's in their minds. All the borderline criticisms and giving the audience the run around. They're not suppose to be in the pockets of the NBA, but it appears to be the case. All this would go away if they actually had more video replays and transparency.

Old 2008.06.12, 04:29 AM   #118
kamikaze

kamikaze is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by kamikaze View Post
and just for the record and I know it's a pretty safe prediction, but it's going to be Celts/Lakers in the finals. and when Bynum comes back, I think that rivalry is going to recycle yet again.
Lakers win in 7 games btw to extend my prediction. Celtics can't win away and Kobe will blow up in one game in Boston, because love him, hate him, there is no one on the Celts line-up like Kobe in the clutch.
Old 2008.06.12, 09:43 AM   #119
cjhobbies00

^ we'll see, tonight is a make or break game. Either it's a series or it's a bust.

I'll say this, Kobe as a person, as a teammate doesn't deserve a ring this year. Bastard bitches at everyone when things aren't going right and is all Lovey Dovey when the offense is flowing.

Old 2008.06.12, 11:13 AM   #120
kamikaze

kamikaze is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by cjhobbies00 View Post
^ we'll see, tonight is a make or break game. Either it's a series or it's a bust.

I'll say this, Kobe as a person, as a teammate doesn't deserve a ring this year. Bastard bitches at everyone when things aren't going right and is all Lovey Dovey when the offense is flowing.
sure he does. michael jordan was a bitching-factory because he was king of the team (and the league). he got into a fist fight with steve kerr for crying out loud. just mike had a little more composure when he bitched so i guess that made it "leadership." and i'm sure no one is saying he didn't deserve any of his rings. i just see kobe as the extreme version of mj who rapes people in the offseason. and for the record, 90% of pro athletes are bastards.