Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2008.10.07, 08:20 AM   #191
zarya

zarya is an asset to this community

According to the setlist here, Jihad is 100% right, only EMI was omitted and there was no MaruSadi.
zarya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.07, 11:07 AM   #192
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

What's EMI?
I've never heard it before.
Old 2008.10.07, 11:09 AM   #193
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

EMI's a Sex Pistols song.
EMI

Last edited by Ringo~Bingo : 2008.10.07 at 11:18 AM.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.08, 12:33 AM   #194
kanzaki

kanzaki pleased at least somebody

I just watched the PV (on youtube) again and I'm pretty sure there was a drum beat at the end. Whether this leads into another (fictional?) song I'm not sure (but I'm dying to find out ). I always thought they had played the song at the concert, but decided to make a PV after that so they staged extra bits of the concert (the PV does contain some live PV footage right?)
kanzaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.08, 12:39 AM   #195
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Although the PV includes an audience, let's just say the performance was staged in more ways than one.

Himitsu is the only original but not-yet-on-CD song to be in a real concert, then excluded from the associated concert DVD.
Old 2008.10.08, 12:55 AM   #196
ChickShhh

ChickShhh puts considerable thought into their posts

plus the reaction from the 'audience' is so different ._.
ChickShhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.08, 05:29 AM   #197
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by kanzaki View Post
the PV does contain some live PV footage right?)
Nope.. the entire thing is staged completely!
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.08, 09:51 AM   #198
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by kanzaki View Post
I just watched the PV (on youtube) again and I'm pretty sure there was a drum beat at the end. Whether this leads into another (fictional?) song I'm not sure (but I'm dying to find out ). I always thought they had played the song at the concert, but decided to make a PV after that so they staged extra bits of the concert (the PV does contain some live PV footage right?)
The song intro that follows the end of Yattsuke Shigoto is from Benkai Debussy. Yahiko told me she once played the songs in that order (YS -> BD), tho I can't remember which was it.

EDIT: Thanks Orenji, I mixed those two ^^;

Last edited by ShinjiPG : 2008.10.08 at 10:29 AM.
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.08, 10:00 AM   #199
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by ShinjiPG View Post
The song intro that follows the end of Yattsuke Shigoto is from Byoushou Public. Yahiko told me she once played the songs in that order (YS -> BP), tho I can't remember which was it.
I thought it was the opening of Benkai Debussy
Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.24, 02:02 PM   #200
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

this performance of "My Luxury Night" is the best non-studio/non-original song she's performed.

This is one time where I think the rockers get in the way. Unconditional Love, Sakana, Akane Sasu -- that's the core of the show moreso than songs like Identity, Byoushou Public or even Shoujo Robot.

*Never watch this concert and then watch the Ringohan performance either. This is the WRONG thing to do. Even tho they're spiritually similar.

**I can't watch/listen to anything Shiina without having to post about it =p

Last edited by Tokyo Jihad : 2008.10.24 at 02:09 PM.
Tokyo Jihad is offline   Reply With Quote