Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Polls
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polls This is where you find out how many people share your opinion - without prompting them to actually say something.
View Poll Results: Do You Like ADULT?
Oh yeah, definitely 45 72.58%
Not really / Not at all 2 3.23%
I like it, but it's not the greatest 15 24.19%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007.06.07, 10:05 AM   #71
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

I think what what they were trying to say Zach, was that the songs are good (as seen in Dynamite Out) they just sound really bad on the album.
Old 2007.06.07, 10:23 AM   #72
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

^Zach: A great photographer can make anything look good, while the average photographer can take away the breathtaking qualities of a breathtaking sight.

Can the same be said for recording? I believe so.
Old 2007.06.07, 10:25 AM   #73
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Which is why Dynamite Out! is the standard and not the album.
Old 2007.06.07, 12:23 PM   #74
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

I'm not saying that the recordings sound just as good, i'm just saying that it is not bad enough where people would not like kyoiku just because the production value is not as high as ADULT. You guys are proof that just good production does not make you like the album or vice versa.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.06.07, 12:40 PM   #75
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Now obviously no ones said that the songs on Adult were written as well as Kyoiku (but I'm not gonna argue that.)

For a while Kyoiku just sorta 'sat' in the community. It was there, it was good...but it knocked few peoples socks off (and that same thing could be said about Adult.) Fervor over either album really didn't strike up until the live DVDs came out (which only strengthens my "live DVD" theory.) But Kyoiku, before Dynamite Out, was pretty much universally considered "the 4th best album." We knew it just didn't sound right, even if not all of us were audio engineers.

For me Jyuusui Negai, was an ok song. I didn't dislike it..but I'd skip it on occasion cuz it wasn't "so" 'wow' and Gunjo->Sounan was an appealing set. However, fastforward to Dynamite where they play Jyuusui and its suddenly the song hits you like ton of bricks and powerful. COMPLETELY absent on the album.

And as been said before, in general, Adult is more well liked than Kyoiku and I do think that the production is THE biggest factor in the sea of factors.
Old 2007.06.07, 07:15 PM   #76
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Where does the production actually sound bad on Kyouiku? Are there any songs that sound worse than others? Cause I still haven't noticed anything wrong with it... :-|
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.06.07, 07:20 PM   #77
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Kyoiku sounds like sandpaper while Adult is like a glossy marble floor. HF on the other hand, is like microfibre carpet.
Old 2007.06.07, 07:29 PM   #78
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

I still don't hear it.
We should start another poll to see how many people aren't bothered by the production of Kyouiku
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.06.07, 07:38 PM   #79
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Or maybe we should start another poll asking people if they are deaf? I find it to be quite an odd coincidence that two most prominent Adult/Uki lovers are the only ones who can't hear the mess that is the Kyouiku production.
Old 2007.06.07, 07:40 PM   #80
Tokyo Jihad

Originally Posted by fluffiethesock View Post
Where does the production actually sound bad on Kyouiku? Are there any songs that sound worse than others? Cause I still haven't noticed anything wrong with it... :-|
Ringo no Uta: Sounds like they tried to make it noisy, but not 'loud', so it just sounds like a static-ey mess (this goes for quite a few songs.)

Gunjo: Not a bad offender, but HZMs too darn loud. I like the mix where he's essentially absent

Jyuusui: See Ringo no Uta, Just sounds flat and lifeless

Crawl: See Ringo no uta.

Service: See Ringo no Uta x infinity.

Ekimae: ok til the end when its supposed to sound bombastic (as seen in DO) -- here just comes out limp.

Last edited by Tokyo Jihad : 2007.06.07 at 07:43 PM.
Tokyo Jihad is offline   Reply With Quote