Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2008.09.17, 08:19 AM   #61
merman

merman is an asset to this community

Yes, that's what I was referring to. The placement of the central track and the central section of the booklet (also the drawings are symmetrical as well, and then there's the cut black sheet of paper). KSK doesn't have anything like that though... just the symmetrically placed violins (along with the other pictures that correspond to each other). The cars in the lyrics just totally slipped off my mind... It's just so thought out! Oh, and the "Izonshou" reference then means we've got a picture of Hitler, right?
merman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.17, 08:22 AM   #62
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by merman View Post
Yes, that's what I was referring to. The placement of the central track and the central section of the booklet (also the drawings are symmetrical as well, and then there's the cut black sheet of paper). KSK doesn't have anything like that though... just the symmetrically placed violins (along with the other pictures that correspond to each other). The cars in the lyrics just totally slipped off my mind... It's just so thought out! Oh, and the "Izonshou" reference then means we've got a picture of Hitler, right?
Hahaha, not exactly. The yellow car is ironically called Hitler .
Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.17, 08:43 AM   #63
merman

And since the drawings are B&W... with the symmetry, one of them could be yellow - Hitler cut in half! well enough of the BS.
I wanted to edit my post but my connection was giving me troubles... what I didn't get is the picture and meaning of the desolate city. I understand the half-car was featured in Tsumi to batsu but what about the city...? Does it have any meaning?
Old 2008.11.19, 01:03 PM   #64
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

It's probably Shinjuku somehow. I think when Ringo was living in a tiny apartment there, amid all the businessmen, she really didn't like it all that much. Or rather, she seemed to have mixed feelings, a love/hate relationship. "I love Tokyo but there's nothing there." So she might have been expressing the grayness of Tokyo with the desolate city stuff?
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.11.19, 01:29 PM   #65
merman

That's a good point. The thing is it always worked for me as "a Tsumi to batsu image", I just didn't know how. She mentions a "loneliness of a tiny room" there and I understand the song as being about a loneliness and, in a way disconnection, so that makes sense there...
Maybe she found Tokyo rotten?
Old 2008.11.20, 07:46 AM   #66
Masuku

Masuku pleased at least somebody

Well Tokyo is one big city out there which may not really help if you are being down a little or something. Traffic on the other side of the window makeing noise and the wall's of that tiny room coming only closer. Ok however i agree about the mixed thoughts of love&hate relationship with the city

Now I just have to fangirl it here, but I just got from the post the Shouso Strip CD and it's the limited edition in the so called 'luxurious' cd case. I love it !!
Masuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.23, 06:54 AM   #67
makenshiww

makenshiww pleased at least somebody

Oh. I had a question about the album cover. I was trying to look but I couldnt really find an answer if it was posted. But anyone know the inspiration behind the album cover.?
makenshiww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.08, 09:23 PM   #68
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

ummm gotta question

is sakana supposed to end really randomally and in the middle of the "uh oooohhhs" will background music? Mine is 3:44 long and just randomally ends and goes into the next track...
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.08, 11:10 PM   #69
JimmyKoria

JimmyKoria is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
ummm gotta question

is sakana supposed to end really randomally and in the middle of the "uh oooohhhs" will background music? Mine is 3:44 long and just randomally ends and goes into the next track...
It might have been just to keep the album at 55:55. Or, and this is a long shot, going as to far to say that past those "20 years" she doesn't know what is going to happen and just as so you don't know what is going to happen in the song. But I favor the latter.
JimmyKoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.08, 11:24 PM   #70
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

um, so your saying this abrupt cutoff is supposed to happen? my question was related to the fact that I wasn't sure if it was an error on my copy when ripping it from the cd or whether or not it was intended to be this length and abruptly cut off like this.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote