Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2011.02.10, 02:00 AM   #121
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Andikki, enjoy the 2nd generation. There's some serious eye candy in there.

Whispa, I went and caught a couple episodes of the Inbetweeners, and it's pretty funny. It's a very different show from Skins though... it's a lot more dialogue driven and it's got none of those long pensive scenes, just people doing stuff and looking at each other set to some great music. That's what I really like about Skins.
Old 2011.02.10, 07:28 AM   #122
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Yeah, The Inbetweeners is pretty much a straight up comedy, it just gets compared because they both follow a group of teenagers in Britain. The overdramatisation (is that a word?) in skins isn't really how I relate to my teens, though it makes for good TV. The Inbetweeners is a bit more grounded in that regard, though much of Skins is pretty authentic.

As for the second generation, I gave up quite early. Episode 3 or 4, I think. I should give it another chance, really. I just wasn't as enticed by a story as much as I liked Sid and Cassey, I didn't find anyone as funny/cheeky as Chris plus Anwar and Jal were harmless enough. It was only really Tony and Michelle I disliked out of the main group. Plus the first generation had some awesome parent actors like Peter Capaldi, Mark Heap and Bill Bailey.
Old 2011.02.10, 08:42 AM   #123
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Don't think SKINS is meant to represent most teens... just the most interesting ones. It would be pretty boring it were about most teens... cuz everyone would be urm, studying and watching tv or something.

Ah Sid and Cassie, probably the most intriguing characters on SKINS. I think most people don't watch the next gens because they get too attached to Sid and Cass...

I think in the 2nd gen the couple that's most like Cassie and Sid would probably be Emily and Naomi. There's always that sense of uncertainty hanging around them... I really like their story a lot. Cook is a little bit like Chris, and a little like Tony... as a ringleader he's a lot more likable than Tony. I like Pandora's character a lot too. She's kinda silly and naive but very likable. I still maintain that the standout characters are the Fitch twins + Naomi...

Don't know much about parent actors, but Harry Enfield's still in the 2nd gen as Effy's dad.

In the third gen we have gay parents...
Old 2011.02.10, 12:43 PM   #124
mizer_unmei

mizer_unmei raises the standards of what a community can offer

omgoodness Mark Heappp. He's acting like himself, so... Brian, but he's decidedly not Brian. So it makes me sad. And Josie Lawrence! She's from Whose Line, so like... earrrrrrrrly in my anglophile lifestyle.

Speaking of cameos, The 2nd season totally has Uli, Father Dougal and Bob Fossil! Those were all awesome.

But yeahhh. I watched the first 2 episodes and skimmed a bit of the next 3-ish? 2nd generation isn't as bad as you go further. But I really really don't find the kids or the storylines as endearing as the 1st from where I got.

But yeah, Sid and Cassie are the best. I started the first season of Skins with Cassie's episode, and if I didn't start there, I doubt I'd be that interested in continuing. She's really the one that hooked me. And the last episodes of Chris made me sooo sad and actually care about him. And the 2nd season made me actually like Tony and Michelle a little bit at least. Ooh, but Sketch was a terrible idea. I don't know what they were thinking.

last.fm

Last edited by mizer_unmei : 2011.02.10 at 12:48 PM.
mizer_unmei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.10, 01:41 PM   #125
Andikki

Andikki is an asset to this community

Did you all enjoy them going on a field trip to the USSR? I have no idea where they found the USSR, but this yet another look on us from the outside wasn't half bad.

I have mixed feelings towards Cassie - she hurt people badly quite a few times without any sense of guilt. But at times she was loveable. And yes, Sketch was most disturbing.

What I love the most about Skins is that all of the sudden they burst into singing and dancing occasionally.
Andikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.10, 03:53 PM   #126
justriiingo

^ Ugh, I didn't like the Russia episode. The whole episode felt over-scripted that gorgeous Russian lady and her older husband. And the whole corruption thing. I thought it might be a little insulting to actual Russians. But seeing that you actually like it... I guess the SKINS writers didn't do too badly after all.

Maou!!! I don't know how I can watch Top Chef anymore... Fabio's out!
Old 2011.03.07, 09:19 PM   #127
TeslaGuy
apathy enthusiast

TeslaGuy knows what you did last summerTeslaGuy knows what you did last summer

Epic House episode tonight. I was loving all of the extravagant dream sequences. It must have cost a fortune compared to the standard episode. And then they dropped that fucking bomb.
TeslaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.03.10, 01:02 PM   #128
Andikki

Caught up on skins (at least on what piratebay has). The new generation starts off very promising.

Also cheked out Skins US out of curiousity. Was that a joke? It's not a musical that should be staged exactly the same in London and on Broadway. Not to say that the actors and the overall production lose to the original.
Old 2011.03.13, 04:10 PM   #129
justriiingo

Andikki are you on skins 5 already?
Old 2011.03.14, 12:07 PM   #130
Andikki

Yup, watched 2 episodes of it. According to imdb more should be out, but that's all there is at piratebay.