Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2011.02.11, 03:06 PM   #261
apple pie

apple pie has had more than 15 seconds of fame

You know what I love about music? The fact that there's so fucking much of it.

You know what I love about Shiina Ringo? The fact that she's taken advantage of all of music's possibilities. What sets her apart from other Japanese musical acts of her same age? Ayumi Hamasaki is pretty much the same exact age as her (they are 1 month apart) and look at what her career consists of... I'd much sooner the trolls on this forum point there insults where they belong. Ringo loves to experiment & play around with the limitlessness of musicianship, never lets critics, nor fans, nor media stand in the way of her art, and that's why I love her so fucking much.

Why are we fighting? Why are people throwing around hateful & insulting phrases? Yes, you can dislike Ringo's music; we have already established that. Personally, I like her jazz material much more than her gritty rock. Shouldn't we be celebrating the variety & unexpectedness that Ringo consistently brings us? One minute we get a gem that changes our lives (um, I loved Marunouchi Sadistic EXPO) and the next we get something that makes us cringe (like FOUL!!) This is exactly what makes music so exhilarating & beautiful.

'Tis the spice of life, my friends. I sure would hate to still be an Ayu fan. 10+ goddamn years of rehash after rehash.

(guys, can you tell I'm a fine artist lol)

Last edited by apple pie : 2011.02.11 at 03:09 PM.
apple pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.11, 03:11 PM   #262
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

I'm happy to be in a position now where I am no longer effected by hype when it comes to TJ music. I don't expect anything brilliant, and I honestly don't care if it's good or if it's bad.

I love Weezers early output, and I love Radioheads most current output. If they both put out average records, I'm going to be more disappointed by the Radiohead album. TJ have been in Weezer territory for me for quite a bit now, so I don't expect another Pinkerton. That doesn't mean that they're unable to surprise, just that I'm not expecting it.

I think the word 'generic' suits Sora ga Natteiru quite well, but in all honesty it could have been a lot worse. It's unadventurous but inoffensive and at one time, yeah, I probably would have said "This sucks, they can only produce this!?" but now I'm more "Yeah... OK, it's all right". And it's a pretty good place to be. Just take their output as it comes; if it's great, then great!!, if it's not, oh well. There doesn't have to be blind hatred or blind support. Perhaps I'm just feeling particularly mellow right now.
Old 2011.02.11, 03:47 PM   #263
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

For anyone curious, Ringo~Bingo's request has been granted.

Nothing personal from my end.

And I'm not concerned about anyone else, honestly.

Onward and upward............
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.11, 03:50 PM   #264
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by apple pie View Post
Ringo loves to experiment & play around with the limitlessness of musicianship, never lets critics, nor fans, nor media stand in the way of her art, and that's why I love her so fucking much.
But is she really experimenting? This is another one of these "safety blanket" phrases that gets tossed around when haters gonna hate. Are either of these two songs experimental? The showtune certainly isn't because this is the 4th or 5th fucking showtune she's done! And is the case with these two songs, they're not even doing anything interesting with these songs to even hint of an experiment. SS, KZK, even Adult to an extent you can plainly call as such. I guess even Variety was experimental, in a frankenstein kind of way. But this? This is just color by numbers.

No disrespect to whoever said it, but someone in this thread was claiming that the haters cutting down this new song were being "smug" and "condescending." The shoe fits on the other foot too! Just look earlier in the thread about Sore ga, people were also cutting that down too -- the difference was there was a fair amount of new fans railing against that song as well (as well as those of my ilk; though I said I liked it.) So lets not act like Maou, JR, and Bongo are the only ones on this forum can look their nose down at a song.

Last edited by Tokyo Jihad : 2011.02.11 at 04:00 PM.
Tokyo Jihad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.11, 05:42 PM   #265
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Oh no. EMF members don't like a TJ song. How unexpected. Im gonna go wallow in self pity cause apparantly the song I like is actually shitty.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2011.02.11 at 05:56 PM. Reason: last post didnt make sense
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.11, 07:18 PM   #266
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by NIMH Rat View Post
For anyone curious, Ringo~Bingo's request has been granted.

Nothing personal from my end.

And I'm not concerned about anyone else, honestly.

Onward and upward............
finally!

Yoeko Kurahashi?
Yahiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.11, 07:32 PM   #267
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

^neg rep'd
Old 2011.02.11, 07:59 PM   #268
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

Keep a lid on that, Yahiko. Nothing to celebrate.
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.11, 09:08 PM   #269
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

For what it's worth, folks, I must confess that I have become a professional skim-reader, at Electric Mole Forums. That means, I invest barely enough time to process the details, but not quite enough to feel more than a tingling of the emotional involvement I could have had from more rigorously processing the information. This has been my way of coping with the behavior that I've come to expect, while still keeping a regular eye out for spambots and for the changes anyone makes to their user profile while I happen to be watching. This includes recently noticing Ringo~Bingo's quietly-expressed interest to drift away while saying nothing about it outside his user profile, until he changed his mind and overwrote that with a little more cheer the next day - with none of this kind of stuff being stored in any records aside from my own brain.

So I just want to make it clear that I don't protect anyone's ability to outright troll, nor do I attempt to herd any uncomfortable members into ultimately staying. That being said, I completely support any generous person whose patience is being tested, to release at least as much wrath as an abusive associate has been bargaining for. Perhaps I have more or less patience than NIMH Rat, but it's completely okay if he has as much as he does, and I have absolutely no problem with him making these kind of decisions on his own.

I'm sure Ringo~Bingo will come back under one name or another, and I'm not sure what to do about him when he does. But, it won't be my call to make. I mainly just keep the wheels turning and watch more closely for the more impersonal disasters.

*sighs*
I'm sorry it came to this during my emotional absence.
Old 2011.02.11, 10:58 PM   #270
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Neat how this single has reawakened EMF. It seemed like Sports failed to do that.

I don't know what to say about the Disney song... I'm just curious to hear and see the rest because it seems sorta fun. If it's bad, whatevs.
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote