Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2009.09.08, 10:11 PM   #51
TeslaGuy
apathy enthusiast

TeslaGuy knows what you did last summerTeslaGuy knows what you did last summer

Fired up my old Vectrex today.
Vectrex Demo
TeslaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.09.09, 03:50 AM   #52
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Batman's taking a back seat as I'm going through Onimusha 4 (Dawn of Dreams not the beat 'em up), which 10 days ago I never even knew existed! it's fully 3D as opposed to the pre-rendered locales of the previous installments and has a touch of the RPG about it so it's perfect for me .
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.09.09, 08:34 AM   #53
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Persona 4 again. Just crushing the optional bosses with my untouchable Trumpeter. I'm getting Batman when it comes out for PC.
Old 2009.09.10, 06:02 AM   #54
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

What's up with Onimusha 4's Dark Relam optional dungeon? 100 levels of tough fights with NO save points at all! if you get to level 30 and return to the hideout for a rest you must start again from the very start I get to 40 then fear a power cut or interruption and back out but then you have to go all over again. Looks about seven hours work and is simply brutal! why can't they have put a save point every 20/30 floors?

Unbelievable.

OH! and there is fie characters and they expect you to do it with them all! no way, I'll go with Soki (main guy) but to hell with all five.
Old 2009.09.13, 02:21 PM   #55
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Playing LSD Dream Emulator for PS1. It's utterly bizarre and in Japanese but so compelling to keep playing.

It's odd
Name:  Dream.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  80.2 KB
Name:  Dream 2.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  104.4 KB

Last edited by Ringo~Bingo : 2009.09.13 at 02:51 PM.
Old 2009.09.16, 05:43 PM   #56
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

I picked up Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story for the DS the other day. I'm a big Bowser fan and this is his first spin-off game, despite being an entry in the Mario RPG DS series: Mario and Luigi. The game is pretty good, you actually play as Bowser a fair bit more than Mario and Luigi. At any given time in the game you can control all three, it works basically so that Bowser is on top while the boys are inside his body on the bottom screen, and you can switch back and forth through the A, B, X, and Y buttons (X and Y control Bowser, B is Luigi, and Mario is A).

Fawful is pretty awesome as usual "FAWFUL HAS FURY!"

apparently later in the game Bowser morphs into kaiju of Godzilla-like proportions and you dual-screen battle where you hold the DS on it's side and control bowser with the touch screen and stylus while the enemy is on the right (top) screen.

kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.09.17, 01:12 AM   #57
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Been playing the multiplayer beta of Uncharted 2 and so far it's feeling pretty good

Wasn't a fan of the first one but this feels like it'll be worth a shot when it comes out.
Old 2009.09.17, 10:50 AM   #58
Maou

It's amazing how much better Resident Evil 5 looks and runs on a PC compared to X360/PS3.
Old 2009.09.17, 02:00 PM   #59
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
It's amazing how much better Resident Evil 5 looks and runs on a PC compared to X360/PS3.
thats like saying a piece of shit floating in a toilet bowl looks better on HD tv with blu ray than DVD on CRT. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy survival horror, but RE5 wasn't even a horror game, it was a stupid first person shooter with mild RE themes. where is the horror?

on the subject of RE lameness, I read that they are considering rebooting the RE film franchise after the next and fourth movie launches. sounds cool, right? set it in the mansion, stick the game's plot, develop strong brand-name characters...no, they want to *remake the first film adaptation* what startles me about this is while the industry is running on remakes, this would be the first remake/reboot of a franchise that isn't even 8 years old. I mean, COME ON people.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.09.17, 03:21 PM   #60
Maou

I'll agree RE5 was a straight action game instead of a horror game, but it doesn't matter to me because games in general aren't scary anymore. Dead Space wasn't and Silent Hill: Shattered Memories won't be either.