Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2008.05.07, 10:29 AM   #11
Silverrime

Silverrime is headed in the right direction

Baseless Speculation:

So for the Mellow video, she's gonna dress up like I-No (see avatar) since it's probably the song which inspired the game creators to model I-No after Ringo (I-No's theme works in the Mellow chorus rifts). I'd totaly pay to see that, even if I didn't buy all her stuff anyway.

You heard it here first folks.

Old 2008.05.07, 10:48 AM   #12
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Oh wait. Now that Orenji mentioned Gamble, I realize she might bastardize Mellow...

DO IT AND DIE SHIINA! >=(
You got it right the first time. For the love of god.
Old 2008.05.07, 11:00 AM   #13
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
Oh wait. Now that Orenji mentioned Gamble, I realize she might bastardize Mellow...

Haha, yeah, that's what I thought when I read the piece of news... Even so, in ZCS, "Mellow" was not live, was it? =S
Old 2008.05.07, 11:14 AM   #14
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

No it was a studio recording.

I just assumed it meant making a PV for the almost 10 yr old recording...if its not that, then it definately SHOULD BE. Leave ZCS alone =''(

I think ZCS is one of her best works. Maybe not in the sense that KZK is great, but it feels spontaneous, it feels "this is what I'm feeling now so lets put it out there." Kinda like the Mayonaka single but minus the production value.

Yattsuke Shigoto, ehh okay...Gamble, whatever....But the line needs to be drawn there. Disc 1 of ZCS, fair game. But leave Disc 2 alone! Mellow is already one of her most powerful tracks, so I'm praying my initial reaction was what they had in mind.

Last edited by Tokyo Jihad : 2008.05.07 at 11:19 AM.
Old 2008.05.07, 11:16 AM   #15
Silverrime

Silverrime is headed in the right direction

So, I'm a bit confused about these "coupling tracks". Are they just the B-sides that originaly accompanied the singles or other album tracks she feels go with the singles? New songs that act as counterparts of said singles maybe? (Would be kinda cool)

Old 2008.05.07, 11:17 AM   #16
NCORE

NCORE has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
Haha, yeah, that's what I thought when I read the piece of news... Even so, in ZCS, "Mellow" was not live, was it? =S
Nope. It wasn't a live performance...
Maybe it will be a Yattsuke Shigoto-like PV, I can deal with that (), just no new version made of rapeage () <-- looks like a seriously pissed off dude, the parentheses are his arms ofcourse.
Old 2008.05.07, 11:48 AM   #17
jigenbakuda

jigenbakuda is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by Silverrime View Post
Baseless Speculation:

So for the Mellow video, she's gonna dress up like I-No (see avatar) since it's probably the song which inspired the game creators to model I-No after Ringo (I-No's theme works in the Mellow chorus rifts). I'd totaly pay to see that, even if I didn't buy all her stuff anyway.

You heard it here first folks.
I am so glad that someone else besides me realizes that that song was in her theme... If she dressed up like I-NO complete with the bra less, connected by a loop leather shirt. I would die, I would fucking die. If shiina did that... I can not imagine... I flippin love video game references!!!!!1

Well isn't this a pleasant surprise to discover after getting off work! Unlike most of you guys, I do not have all her albums and singles and stuff. I am itching to get my hands on that dvd collection, the question is how wide open will it bust my head? I bought some cornelius dvds and they set me back about 5,100 yen (both of them cost the same amount)... please don't exceed that miss shiina... But I really want it, especially if they are adding a new PV, and doubly so if they are crossfading inbetween the pvs. But its too soon, will I be able to save enough? Is this limited edition, or something that will sell out really fast and never be availible again? If so I might bite the bullet. I am talking about "watashi no hatsuden", I really want that one.

LMFAO @ Ncore's angry smiley, fear his wrath, lol.

If one lays a trap, isn't it the victims fault for falling in?
Old 2008.05.07, 01:56 PM   #18
MBF

MBF has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post

ok, now you've totally lost my respect.
Gamble ZCS = good, average ringo-song
Gamble HF = masterpiece!!!

anyway... I'm definitely sure I'm going to be preorder both the CD and the DVD asap.
and as Mellow has always been and is still one of my all-time favourite songs (and imo it's one of the most underrated ringo-songs ever), I'm perfectly glad with finally having an actual PV for it =)
Old 2008.05.07, 01:59 PM   #19
Tokyo Jihad

oh come now. I don't have anyone's respect

I'm not saying Gamble was bastardized, but Mellow most certainly would be. On ZCS, Gamble isnt nearly as strong a song as Mellow is (or even So Cold or Yattsuke)

Last edited by Tokyo Jihad : 2008.05.07 at 02:04 PM.
Old 2008.05.07, 03:31 PM   #20
Tokyo Jihad

The part of this that's most fuzzy is the "2 disc set." Is it two cds, or is t 1 cd, plus the dvd? If the former, i think it'll probly be like the Number Girl "best of release" which was 1 disc for singles and 1 for B-sides -- which it seems to hint at.