Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2007.09.28, 04:33 PM   #41
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Ah, you're right
Old 2007.09.28, 05:12 PM   #42
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by EmilScherbe View Post
Shiina sing male side in story of Momen no Handkerchief using "Boku".
So, like madpawn said, is it just by choice that she does this? Or is "Boku" now for both male and female?
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.28, 05:17 PM   #43
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

its still a "male" term. shes just using for "the male pov" (as she sings from a male pov from time to time) or just pure effect.
Old 2007.09.30, 01:45 AM   #44
MBF

MBF has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by Lena-chan View Post
but it wasn't always this?!
in gibbs, koufukuron even in himitsu
isn't she always sang atashi???
O.o
yeah, that's why I think, it is cute!!

To me, "atashi" is such a "young Ringo"-ish word... and I noticed, that she seems to avoid this recently - but she obviously can't, when she's singing live. =)

EDIT: about the "boku"-thing... hasn't it been a trend among young women to use "boku" for the last couple of years??
MBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.30, 06:10 AM   #45
HEDOfloe

Originally Posted by MBF View Post
EDIT: about the "boku"-thing... hasn't it been a trend among young women to use "boku" for the last couple of years??
That is what I want to know as well.
Old 2007.09.30, 09:03 AM   #46
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

according to my magical kanji book, the character for boku originally depicted a manservent/slave doing a menial task and was employed in speech as a very humble reference to oneself. The two characters that comprise the character are also the radical for person and then the character for vocation.....nowadays it isn't uncommon to hear women use boku in the same way men do as a more humble way to refer to themselves. The use of atashi, as I have had it explained to me, is very feminine and sounds somewhat uneducated (girlish and the like). It is like kun, kun is used in office settings for men and women since everyone is part of a collective team
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.30, 09:36 AM   #47
Akagaminosteven

Akagaminosteven is headed in the right direction

Yes, boku has indeed been used more and more by women colloquially recently, as have sentence endings that would have been originally thought to be exclusive to men. It's still not exactly commonplace, but fewer eyebrows are raised depending on the setting.
Akagaminosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.30, 01:07 PM   #48
HEDOfloe

Thanks plenty for clarifying this ^__^
Old 2007.10.11, 04:00 PM   #49
HEDOfloe

Originally Posted by Op2 View Post
After watching this, I have come to the conclusion that "old Shiina" would slap the fuck out of polite, "new Shiina".
Old Shiina
New Shiina
I was looking through my Ringo videos and I found one that showed the clip you put up of the "old" Ringo. The file is called "orgasm" and it shows a bunch of behind the scenes footage and some live clips and it's not really good quality. What is this? A tv presentation??
Old 2007.10.11, 05:24 PM   #50
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Hedofloe View Post
I was looking through my Ringo videos and I found one that showed the clip you put up of the "old" Ringo. The file is called "orgasm" and it shows a bunch of behind the scenes footage and some live clips and it's not really good quality. What is this? A tv presentation??
The reason the quality is bad, is because the content was never broadcast on television (for someone to bootleg with their TiVo), or released on DVD. The content comes from a deluxe-packaged VHS tape that was given out as a mail-in bonus, to early buyers of Muzai Moratorium. These tapes change hands through Yahoo! Japan Auctions no more than six times per year, and sellers list the tape at a minimum of 30,000yen. I haven't seen any auctions for this tape in nearly half a year, and it's one of the few rares I don't own yet. I think I could create nicer video files if I had the tape myself. Probably on-par with the Hatsuiku Status DVD, which isn't perfect either, but still notably better than what's already floating around the web.