Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2014.12.23, 06:43 PM   #571
Inseu

Inseu has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Watched Taiwan horror movie Zombie Fight Club...terrible story but so many hot girls...
Inseu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.12.23, 07:04 PM   #572
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Just watched the trailer, looks worse than a Uwe Boll movie.

I hate CGI gunfire in movies, its a crime against humanity
Old 2014.12.24, 07:11 AM   #573
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

So the whole point of The Hobbit 6 (3) is to kill this dragon, and then kill two other mutants, and then wait for The Lord of the Rings to start? And the title character has nothing to do with any of it?
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.12.24, 12:54 PM   #574
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

The title character got the Arkenstone out of The Lonely Mountain, which was an important turning point in the story, but once the armies begin fighting, he doesn't have much of a role beyond that.

It's been 15 years since I read the book, but I remember there being more of an aftermath at The Lonely Mountain; like Thorin getting entombed with the Arkenstone. Wonder if that will end up in the extended edition.
Old 2014.12.26, 07:55 PM   #575
Inseu

Watched Simpsorama (Simpsons Futurama crossover), it is a good episode.
Old 2014.12.27, 04:40 AM   #576
blanket

blanket has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I just recently watched Chungking Express (1994) and despite being a big Faye Wong fan I'd never seen it up until now even though it's undoubtedly her most acclaimed film role.

Movies set in Hong Kong always evoke a great feeling of nostalgia and fun inside of me. It's a great city that everyone should experience at least once in their lifetime.

This movie felt a little bit disjointed though. There was a clear link between the two storylines but they felt incredibly distant and separate from each other for some reason...
blanket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.12.27, 11:27 AM   #577
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
The title character got the Arkenstone out of The Lonely Mountain, which was an important turning point in the story, but once the armies begin fighting, he doesn't have much of a role beyond that.
Yes, that could have meant something but then the Orcs show up and the Arkenstone is tossed to the side. I don't even remember where it wound up.
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.12.27, 04:51 PM   #578
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

So, Unbroken is a thing that happened.

It was a Steven Spielberg pastiche and Oscar bait that was pretty much designed for old people to like. I watched it with my parents and grandparents, and they sighed, cheered, laughed, and gasped at all the right moments. To describe the film as "emotionally manipulative" is an understatement. It competently hit all the notes it set up.

If this sounds like a negative review, it's only because I don't like movies that are designed to be "inspirational", and this is probably the most manufactured inspirational movie I've ever seen. If you're ok with that movie, this is a very good one.
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.12.27, 05:17 PM   #579
Inseu

Really enjoyed the movie Prison On Fire.
Old 2014.12.29, 08:11 PM   #580
Inseu

Watched two recent Chinese "horror" movies Dream Home and Double Vision, the former focuses on graphic violence, whereas the latter focuses on suspense, both are OK movies, but not classics as others who claim them to be.