Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2009.11.26, 12:08 PM   #1
Princesse-de-Porcelaine

Princesse-de-Porcelaine pleased at least somebody
Question SR's Fashion Magazine Appearances & Fashion Tastes

Hi there,

After seeing those pictures from photoplastik.wordpress.com:

I was wondering if it happens often for Shiina to appear in fashion magazines? I tried to look for the magazine from which those scans came from without success, and the website I used to go look for scans is closed. Would any of you know of fashion magazines she appeared in the past?

While I'm at it, do you know about Shiina's favourite fashion brands? I tried to see on the scans above from which brands her clothing was but I can't read nothing.

Thanks! :)

Last edited by Princesse-de-Porcelaine : 2009.11.26 at 12:09 PM. Reason: added source of pictures
Princesse-de-Porcelaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.11.26, 01:00 PM   #2
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Interesting, haven't seen these shots before, thanks for posting them! Ringo appears in many different publications, usually magazines relating to music or fashion. It isn't uncommon for her to be in fashion magazines, but she tends to appear in the high end art variety, not stuff like Egg or anything trashy, but Switch is one she has done a lot. A lot of the magazines aren't specifically fashion, they are interview/topical magazines with a fashion twist. People seem virtually obsessed with styling Ringo, it seems like she is never in a photoshoot in natural clothes anymore. For this shoot I like what she is wearing! I could actually see her wearing something like this. The font is too small for me to see but I know her favorite designer is Vivienne Westwood and I wouldn't be surprised if she liked Alexander McQueen too.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.11.26, 04:31 PM   #3
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

I believe that photoshoot is from an issue of "Spring". I'll have to dig through my collection to verify (which I'm not ready to do today).
Old 2009.11.30, 08:46 AM   #4
Princesse-de-Porcelaine

Wonderful, thank you kuro_neko ♥
Glathannus, if you can confirm that it's from Spring, I'll be happy to go and check previous issues of the mag
Old 2009.11.30, 01:42 PM   #5
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Well, I was right about it being from an issue of Spring, and I didn't deduce that from seeing the filename, or from zooming in on the corner of the scans - but I figured it was Spring mainly because that's the only publication I've seen where Shiina Ringo consistently dons an abundance of not-exactly-a-dress, designer.. drapewear.

Oddly enough, this isn't an issue of Spring I actually have.
This particular photoshoot is from January 2005 (according to the Googling I was able to do), while the only issues I have are from March 2006 and April 2007.

I'm absolutely certain the scan you found, originated from ShiinaRingo.SE (Google Caching tells me the scans they used to have, exactly match the scans you found) - one of the webmasters of ShiinaRingo.SE was actually posting dozens of their own magazine scans. That site closed down awhile ago, but there's bound to be a lot of their scans floating around the web, with many of the casually-observant international fans unaware of the scans' online origin.
Old 2009.12.01, 08:45 AM   #6
Princesse-de-Porcelaine

Thank you so much for searching ♥ Is ShiinaRingo.se ever going to re-open?
Old 2009.12.01, 10:13 AM   #7
Glathannus
True Final Boss

My guess is, that site is gone for good.
--Just like Ringo Catalogue
--Just like Ringo Jihen.

I know something about each of the webmasters and the motive of each closure, so I'm very confident when I say that these sites aren't coming back.

This community has a fairly strong backing from donors and staff (as well as information contributors who know what they're talking about), and the fate of it won't be decided by one site owner/maintainer who is "moving on" with their life. That's why this is the only major resource still standing.
Old 2009.12.01, 10:18 AM   #8
Princesse-de-Porcelaine

Awww that's too bad though, shiinaringo.se had such a nice picture gallery. Is there a way we could keep such a gallery in here? Like, a thread with only pictures?
Old 2009.12.01, 10:29 AM   #9
Glathannus
True Final Boss

There are certain... legal ramifications, to what you're suggesting.

The staff also feel that having any kind of image gallery, would bring too much traffic to this site from people who have no interest in posting.
Old 2009.12.01, 10:32 AM   #10
Princesse-de-Porcelaine

Ah, I see...well, thanks for answering my questions anyway!