Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2009.11.16, 07:10 PM   #341
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

EDIT:
Scribble: It feels weird to me because this is the first TJ new song release I've ever witnessed! I feel like I'm dreaming. Also feels weird because no one is complaining (yet)
Actually this is also the first TJ new song release *I've* ever witnessed.

I wonder how big these guys were into Michael Jackson (Very, probably. SR used to watch Soul Train IIRC). The song even sounds a tad like a MJ song. Can't put my finger on which ones.
Old 2009.11.16, 07:46 PM   #342
Entry№1

Entry№1 puts considerable thought into their posts

^ I've wondered about that same question myself. I think MJ is listed as one of SR's influences on Wikipedia, and I think Kameda wrote about his death on his blog. I almost wonder if this video was kind of a personal homage to him from the band.
I love this new song. It's kind of a cross between SG and Adult material. I think it's the best thing I've heard from Ukigumo, aside from maybe one or two Petrolz songs.

EDIT: Whoops! I forgot it's not a Ukigumo song. Funny too, because I thought "Oh, Ukigumo's gotten pretty good at imitating Ringo!" Hahaha.

Last edited by Entry№1 : 2009.11.16 at 07:58 PM.
Old 2009.11.16, 08:10 PM   #343
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

^ It still is the best thing Uki's done for TJ. I'll give the song time though. I like it better initially than I did Ariamaru Tomi and SG Superficial Gossip.

Lyrics (Untranslated):

You're all alone
You're fixing ramen
You pour hot water in

Where are you thoughts wandering as you wait there?

Come back to life and be high

遣る瀬ない沙汰止みを
溜息にして無情常
嘆いても時は男女平等

精神崩壊前夜
待ってよサンデードライバー
泣いてんだったら聴きな
才能開花した君は
ヒッチハイクの巧いベテランペーパードライバー

三分間でさようならはじめまして
See,yes I really am movin'on
骸骨を狙えシンセサイザー
Hit!
格付(ランキング)のイノチは短い

Come back to life and be high

寄る辺ない現し身を
使い古して無常
喚いても時は怨親平等

列島崩壊前夜
待ってよダイナマイター
タイマー切ったら効きな
愛憎大破した君は
ロックアイコン顔負けのナチュラルハイタイム

三分間でさようならはじめまして
See,yes U really are movin'on
脳天を浸せイコライザー
Rock!
音楽(ミュージック)のキキメは長い

I'm your record,I keep spinning round
But now my groove is running down
Don't look back brother get it on
That first bite is but a moment away
When I'm gone,take your generator
Shock!
Raise the dead on your turntable.
Up,up and away!
Old 2009.11.16, 08:16 PM   #344
the fox

the fox has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I'm absolutely in love with it. <3
Old 2009.11.16, 08:37 PM   #345
Scribble R

Okay I swear this is the LAST time I'm going to mention 2ch in a while (Unless it's something important), but they're already interpreting the lyrics/video as Izawa leaving TJ, or Tokyo Jihen splitting. B-but they're only getting started!

Izawa B-Side
Kurashiki final stop of tour (Izawa's hometown)
Ringo fucking up Izawa

HMMM
Old 2009.11.16, 08:47 PM   #346
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
Okay I swear this is the LAST time I'm going to mention 2ch in a while (Unless it's something important), but they're already interpreting the lyrics/video as Izawa leaving TJ, or Tokyo Jihen splitting. B-but they're only getting started!

Izawa B-Side
Kurashiki final stop of tour (Izawa's hometown)
Ringo fucking up Izawa

HMMM
if Izawa is indeed leaving Jihen or if they are making this record as a last effort, I'd be quite surprised. I don't know where those lyrics are coming from so I can't say with certainty that they are worth translating, but I did rikaichan skim them, and needless to say the song is a break-up number referencing driving and music prominently, definitely tying into the PV. my interpretation is that the concept for the PV involves Ringo separately with each guy, times is up, time to leave, move onto the next, etc etc. I don't think its personal and there are hidden messages about why she threw flowers at him in the video, I think the japanese fans are just having fun with it. humour is the hardest element to pick up in any foreign language.
Old 2009.11.16, 09:14 PM   #347
Scribble R

If the lyrics are indeed about breakup as you say, then it wouldn't be so far-fetched for the Japanese fans to be interpreting the vid as Izawa/TJ splitting? If EMF could understand all the lyrics, wouldn't people here do the same?

I don't interpret the vid as Ringo spending time with separate members and moving on to the next. She is spending time with all of them at the same time.

I dunno, the 'evidence' seems to fit together waaay too nicely. If Izawa leaves I will be gutted!

Oh, add Izawa possibly not appearing at Countdown Japan to the evidence.

I don't think I'm being paranoid, here...
Old 2009.11.16, 09:38 PM   #348
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
If the lyrics are indeed about breakup as you say, then it wouldn't be so far-fetched for the Japanese fans to be interpreting the vid as Izawa/TJ splitting? If EMF could understand all the lyrics, wouldn't people here do the same?

I don't interpret the vid as Ringo spending time with separate members and moving on to the next. She is spending time with all of them at the same time.

I dunno, the 'evidence' seems to fit together waaay too nicely. If Izawa leaves I will be gutted!

Oh, add Izawa possibly not appearing at Countdown Japan to the evidence.

I don't think I'm being paranoid, here...
the start of the video are the separate times that she is with each person, there is a clock running, which starts at the beginning and ends at the very end. all four clocks start right before the three minutes to the end of an hour start, so at 10:57 or whatever. as soon as the hour changes and the new hour starts, its the end. throughout the entire video she checks her watch and if you notice all 4 sets are different times different days. She CANNOT be with all of them at the same time, they all at completely different times of day and the shots interweaving one with the other isn't to suggest how she is in all the places at the same time, but to suggest the sameness of her position and her role in all four situations. if you want to extend this to the song and its meaning you can assume that it fits with the theme of "moving on" and breaking up, leaving, and starting the next, one after the other.
Old 2009.11.16, 10:11 PM   #349
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

This song is really fantastic! it gives me renewed hope in what she and the band are capable of just when I was near finished with them as a group.

Hopefully they keep it up.
Old 2009.11.16, 10:53 PM   #350
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

This song goes out to all the dead rock icons...and their 3 minutes of explosive electricity?

i didnt believe the rumor that Izawa leaving until the last part of the pv. Her action is like she's wishing him congratulations/farewell but with a grudge. its great they're joking about it and turning up the drama.
Closed Thread