Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2008.01.18, 05:36 PM   #11
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Ichijiku is historically my answer, if not that then Souretsu.

Both have been performed.

So...gee is "Morphine" really the cream of the crop? Judging by the fact its an early song, id bet dollars to donuts it HAS been performed (and i really wanna say I've heard it, but too lazy to conjure proof.) Shuukyu is great, but I grow weary of full on productions. Someone'll have to romanize Paris' list the only one i can make out is Hatsukoi Shoujo.
Old 2008.01.18, 05:47 PM   #12
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

I'm gonna make a few guesses here, and people can just... knock my list down (either because something was performed live - or it wasn't but they think it would suck):

Kageri Yuku Heya (from the Yuming tribute album)
I'd like to see this more than I'd like to see Supika. Wait, do covers count?

Toki ga Bousou Suru (the B-Side from the re-release Koufukuron single)
Has she ever played this one live after releasing the B-Side? Doing it prior for a televised concert, barely counts as dethroning this song off a more legitimate list.

Sakana:
I'm half-suspecting this was performed someplace, but I'm not sure where. Anyway, I think this song is underrated, and would be easier to pull off than what other people are naming off here.

Aisaika no Choshoku (B-Side from Mayonaka wa Junketsu)
Now this one I'm fairly certain has never been performed live. And it deserves a live performance equally as much as the other two songs on the single - they're all awesome.

Now about Shuukyou...
I love the song, but I think there's a reason it hasn't been performed live. It would be practically impossible to do it justice. A concert dedicated to KSK (all the songs in their original versions) in which Shuukyou couldn't be left out, would be awesome, but the orchestral discipline it would require, when Shiina Ringo runs such a tight ship in studio, means this will probably never happen. Yeah, the song could be re-arranged into something easier to deliver in concert, but into what style(s), exactly? I'll blow a fuse or two if I try to speculate on that - perhaps Shiina Ringo attempted to contemplate the very same thing, and that's how she ultimately lost her mind. Sorry folks, the braincell-killing stress of motherhood had nothing to do with her lack of songwriting participation in Variety!
Glathannus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.01.18, 05:53 PM   #13
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
Kageri Yuku Heya
Glath pwnd me. thats a great one
Old 2008.01.18, 06:35 PM   #14
zarya

zarya is an asset to this community

There used to be a Japanese website that had a complete list of concerts and songs that made a table, so you were able to see quickly when such and such songs had been performed, anyone knows what I'm talking about? I lost the bookmart in a format months ago ><
zarya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.01.18, 08:26 PM   #15
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts

she performed toki ga bousou suru on... RSR? i forgot the rock festival name XD

Yoeko Kurahashi?
Yahiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.01.18, 09:41 PM   #16
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by zarya View Post
There used to be a Japanese website that had a complete list of concerts and songs that made a table, so you were able to see quickly when such and such songs had been performed, anyone knows what I'm talking about? I lost the bookmart in a format months ago ><
Yes! That site! I just went searching for it and found it HERE. Scroll down to "live reports."
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.01.18, 10:34 PM   #17
Cosmo!

Cosmo! is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
Wait, do covers count?
If we are counting covers, I'd love to hear Yer Blues, Can't Take My Eyes Off of You, Shiroi Kobato, More, Komori Uta, Chiisa na Kinomi and Starting Over performed live. The last two especially stripped of all that studio gloss would sound great.

And shame on me for forgetting Aisaiki no Choshoku. That's another one that always seems to be overlooked.
Cosmo! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.01.19, 12:14 AM   #18
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

So is this the "songs you wished SR/TJ performed live" thread?

I don't recall Yokushitsu being performed live in its SS glory. (But I could be wrong.)

Something like Stoicism/Ringo Catalogue would be fun.

But I want neither of the above songs to be performed by this incarnation of Tokyo Jihen.
Old 2008.01.19, 01:49 AM   #19
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

well actually Stoicism, can't take my eyes off you, sakana and yokushitsu-in-its-SS-glory were performed live

aisaka no choushoku too, and it's the one that I don't have the audio i_i

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.01.19, 02:21 PM   #20
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Oh man if they she did the HF version of La salle de bain.....that could be so many different "gasms" all in one @_@
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote