Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2009.04.06, 12:04 PM   #91
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

I know theres orchestration in the orig, but they're playing alot more than just their part and I don't think it works like how well it does with Gibbs based on the nature of the song itself.

and that makes me sad. I always saw Tsumiki as a cool punk song from her =(
Phase 1 ver was good, I liked Zazen's best.
Old 2009.04.07, 03:47 AM   #92
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I have to say, I still do not 'get' this concert. It bores me, although the transition from Tsumi to Batsu to Mayonaka makes me go crazy. I think it's because of the KZK setlist. I do love Doppleganger, though.

It still is a terrific concert, but I don't see it is a masterpiece or anything. Dynamite Out, Zazen and Expo shed a whole new light on certain old songs for me. Electric Mole? Not so much.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.11, 07:04 PM   #93
hoopra

hoopra raises the standards of what a community can offer

i just wanna say Poltergeist and Okimide and Mayonaka are sick,
Poltergeist was my favorite performance in this concert, the arrangements and timing was just extraordinary on every vocal and piano note, and then how it built up when the drums and guitar finally came in got me so shaken up, what a wonderfull feeling, i don't know what the song is about but it felt so good
hoopra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.01, 07:56 AM   #94
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I am ashamed of my above post. What was I thinking? I watched EM straight through last week for the first time in a long time. What was I thinking? How could I suggest that EM was overrated?

*Jumps off a high wall*
Old 2009.07.01, 08:40 AM   #95
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by hoopra View Post
Poltergeist was my favorite performance in this concert, the arrangements and timing was just extraordinary on every vocal and piano note, and then how it built up when the drums and guitar finally came in got me so shaken up, what a wonderfull feeling, i don't know what the song is about but it felt so good
that's exactly what the song is about. making you feel that wonderful feeling. that's what music is about and that's why it doesn't matter if we speak japanese or not .

and scribbles, i was sort of the same way at first. i never really spoke much about this concert because when i first heard some songs, i felt they bastardized the great SR songs i loved. i think maybe it's getting that out of the way that, for me at least, made this concert so enjoyable.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.12.06, 12:39 AM   #96
Tronada-UK

Tronada-UK pleased at least somebody
Question

I was quite amazed how proudly SR revealed to the audience at the end that she had removed her mole.

So much emphasis was played in the cut scene showing everything revolving around her identity in her mole and then she removes it. Has anyone got an interpretation (or know an official one) of what she meant this?

An artistic rebirth?
Tronada-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.12.07, 04:23 PM   #97
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

^^^ For an artist, everything can become fodder for inspiration/self-expression, including necessary operations.
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.12.07, 04:50 PM   #98
Scribble R

It's the rebirth thing, I suppose. Detaching herself from her past.
"My past can be a lie, oh"

Maybe Ringo doesn't want to be iconic or something.
Old 2010.12.08, 01:32 AM   #99
Tronada-UK

Tronada-UK pleased at least somebody

whatever the truth behind the matter, cosmetic or symbolic, I love the blatant approach SR had with it. Unlike people such as Ewan McGregor who done it quietly and Michael Jackson who I believe said he only had he nose done once.

That section of the concert was so artistic and cryptic though that I would be surprised is SR had no input into it.
Tronada-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.12.09, 07:03 PM   #100
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

it definitely was a highlight of her career.

I think the mole really was the centerpiece of her persona. you could draw a stick figure, put the mole in the right spot, show it on tv, and most people during this period would have guessed Ringo. she was massively popular after the success of SS and I think part of the whole KZK era, including the mole removal, was her kind of refusing to accept her mainstream success. its like she finally had all the mainstream success and stardom most wanna-be celebrities dream of and what did she do? she threw it back in our faces by literally defacing herself. what a true artist.

still, this was probably the last ballsy thing she has done. In a way she hasn't really ever been the same. I like tokyo jihen for their own merits, but I do miss pre-kyouiku era Ringo. KZK was a great era.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote