Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2008.09.29, 04:41 PM   #161
zarya

zarya is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by bromithia View Post
Stop getting all hurt over people cracking a few jokes about Variety. It's not that big of a deal, sheesh.
I think the point is not that he's hurt because people are bashing an album he likes, but because it's annoying to a lot of people, seeing so many unrelated threads turning into Variety bashing and arguments like these.
zarya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.29, 04:51 PM   #162
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

There was no "Variety Argument" there were 22 posts in between my "post in question" and it ever being brought up again.
Old 2008.09.29, 08:10 PM   #163
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts

It looks like when someone is saying bad stuff at music you like isnt really offensive, in the other hand, saying bad stuff about some member's fanmade work is really offensive ... i really dont get you guys

and I bet if I were some old ringo jihen forum member and agreed with every stupid major posts we read here, no one would care about I said..

zarya got what I meant...
no matter whats the thread subject, it always ends up in the same geek jokes about variety, or ringo new style or ukigumo being worse than hirama or even about yayoshi "bad" guitar skills blame posts made by pseudo musicians

Yoeko Kurahashi?
Yahiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.29, 10:20 PM   #164
whitetap

whitetap is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by Yahiko View Post
zarya got what I meant...
no matter whats the thread subject, it always ends up in the same geek jokes about variety, or ringo new style or ukigumo being worse than hirama or even about yayoshi "bad" guitar skills blame posts made by pseudo musicians

From the point of view of a relatively infrequent visitor/participant of this forum, I'm afraid I have to agree with Yahiko.
whitetap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.30, 12:29 AM   #165
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

no matter whats the thread subject, it always ends up in the same geek jokes about variety
Hey!
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.30, 12:33 AM   #166
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Rather than just get angry about it Yahiko just copy/paste a compelling argument from a Variety fans perspective!! repeat that to fade and you can balance out the love/hate divide!

also don't forget this is tha Zazen fredddddd!!!! Variety don't have no jurisdiction here (for good or for bad)
so take it outside boyzzzz.

Last edited by Ringo~Bingo : 2008.09.30 at 12:37 AM.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.30, 01:54 AM   #167
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Hey, guess what? I can back up my opinion with reasoning and usually do. I explained myself in awesome fashion on why I don't like Yayoshi. You know what you do? Act like a complete douche without any reasoning. I explain my opinion, you say, "You don't like him cuz he banged Ringo" without anything to base that on. There's a big difference. You need to step back and chill the fuck out.
Old 2008.09.30, 02:34 AM   #168
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

I'm tired of these polar absolutes that people conjure up to define the 'hating'. I'm tired of the notion that constructive criticism is a myth, or that you have to be a successful artist in order to properly criticize the work of other successful artists, but simultaneously you don't have to be a successful artist to properly praise the work of other successful artists. I'm tired of the notion that if you dislike one excerpt of guitarwork or a career phase, then you must automatically dislike everything about that career phase or that guitarist.

The 'haters' themselves get stereotyped more than they are stereotyping the career phases or the guitar work. As much as I don't like it, I would rather have the "counter-haters" vent it out into the open so it can be dispelled, instead of people harboring those feelings quietly and unchallenged, festering into a psychological gangrene that goes beyond what they believe the "haters" are plagued with. And by 'dispelled' I don't mean that the "counter-haters" end up agreeing with the "haters", but at the very least if the "counter-haters" really knew where most of the "haters" stood, there wouldn't be so much "counter-hating" bottled up in the first place.

When you classify people under extremes, you aren't exercising enough of your neurons to be able to hold onto more of them as you get older, plus the stress will simultaneously waste away your current years and eat away some of the years you haven't even experienced yet. You're hurting yourself more than you're hurting the people you think deserve it. Let it go.
Old 2008.09.30, 09:22 AM   #169
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts

maou, i was not talking about anyone particularly
i didnt even remember that stuff you posted about yayoshi anyway

@shinjipg: I said geek ... not geeklicious DDDDDDDDDDD

glath, yes maybe im too worried about such stupid stuff but well, someday i'll learn how to just ignore it;;

lets just com back to the thread, if its still possible

Yoeko Kurahashi?

Last edited by Yahiko : 2008.09.30 at 09:27 AM.
Yahiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.30, 09:33 AM   #170
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

It's no longer possible, the thread is tainted now.

I might just have to exercise my far reaching powers and shut this thread down...

On a serious note, I'm surprised that all the Zazen talk has died down. I get it one week later than everyone else and I missed all the gushing and excitement.

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.
http://www.last.fm/user/cjhobbies00
cjhobbies00 is offline   Reply With Quote