Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Polls
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polls This is where you find out how many people share your opinion - without prompting them to actually say something.
View Poll Results: Retrospective Classic
Heisei Fuzoku 4 21.05%
Variety 1 5.26%
Sanmon Gossip 11 57.89%
Sports 3 15.79%
Dai Hakken 0 0%
Color Bars 0 0%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013.07.25, 08:38 AM   #21
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by TurtleFu View Post
Well, I only know because Uki has that signature guitar that he plays in everything (the one the rap in Himitsu is about). I read that it's a customized Telecaster, even though it doesn't really look like one.
Actually, if you want to get technical, Ukigumo has only used a non-Fender Telecaster one time during his stint with Tokyo Jihen. That was in some Sports song. His white toilet guitar he's most known for certainly has Telecaster electronics, but well it looks like a toilet and not a Tele. He did use an actual Fender Telecaster during the KSK days though.

Hirama mainly used Telecasters (Electric Mole, Kyouiku, Dynamite) and Yukio Nagoshi used Telecasters for SS (Kyougenshou, Tsuki ni, Honnou). Nishikawa mainly used a Les Paul, SG and a Jazzmaster for MM/SS.

Originally Posted by 3knotsJK View Post
I know this is serious but these guys look ridiculously funny.

Hey, I don't make the names.
Old 2013.07.26, 05:47 AM   #22
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

How do you know all that Maou? Can you really pick out specific guitars just by sound? I'm looking at the liner notes and most don't indicate the actual guitar.

I really should learn more about guitars. I've tried to learn how to play like 5 times, and then given up out of frustration, though.

EDIT: I thought there was a musical instrument thread, but oh well. It would be cool to start one, to screencap instruments she or the band plays and point out what model they are etc.

Last edited by TurtleFu : 2013.07.26 at 06:06 AM.
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.07.26, 09:26 AM   #23
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by TurtleFu View Post
How do you know all that Maou? Can you really pick out specific guitars just by sound? I'm looking at the liner notes and most don't indicate the actual guitar.
Years of looking up what kind of gear people use to create specific sounds and being familiar with the signature tones for many guitars. Once you know it, you'll almost always be able to pick out a Strat neck pickup or a Tele bridge pickup. For the most part, I can tell the Fender guitars (Stratocaster, Telecaster, Jaguar, Jazzmaster) apart, some of the Gibsons and I usually know when it's a hollow body guitar. When it's a hollow body (like Kabukicho), I generally have to look up which kind the guitarist plays.
Old 2013.07.26, 11:34 AM   #24
karateexplosion

karateexplosion is an asset to this community

^As a bassist, I attest that this is true. Obviously there are a lot of factors involved, but I can generally narrow down the sound of a bass to at least a specific brand or type.
karateexplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.07.26, 02:26 PM   #25
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

It's almost like a super-power!

A very, very specific superpower that only really helps in music-related mishaps.
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.05.05, 10:01 PM   #26
kalmia

kalmia is an asset to this community

Although there are some great tracks on Heisei Fuzoku, I couldn't bring myself to choose it simply because of the shortage of new and original songs. I also wouldn't choose any of the Jihen albums over the solo Ringo album. Besides, Sanmon Gossip has some really good songs too. It goes blow for blow with the best of Phase 2 and then some.
kalmia is offline   Reply With Quote