Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Polls
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polls This is where you find out how many people share your opinion - without prompting them to actually say something.
View Poll Results: Where do you stand on Kyouiku and ADULT?
I like Kyouiku and ADULT equally. 10 23.81%
I like both albums but I prefer ADULT. 16 38.10%
I like both albums but I prefer Kyouiku. 12 28.57%
I like ADULT but I do not like Kyouiku. 2 4.76%
I like Kyouiku but I do not like ADULT. 2 4.76%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007.09.17, 06:38 AM   #1
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts
Default Th3 ADULT EDUCATION Thr3@d

Whenever there is an argument on this forum about the music, it usually seems like there is a schism between uki and hirama fans, or ADULT and Kyouiku fans but I don't feel that this is really the case. I'm sure there are many, like me, who love both phases of Tokyo Jihen but just happen to prefer one and then are sometimes put into a position to argue for one side. So I want to find out if this is the case or if there really are two/(three?) sides of the EMF forum.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.17, 06:47 AM   #2
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

Adult is better, but I like both.

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.17, 07:05 AM   #3
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

This poll isn't fair.
Kyoiku was oriented to be live, and it practically was (a few of the audiophiles here get the sense that Kyoiku was recorded with all the band members in one room at the same time), even before the Dynamite tour actually happened. Adult was oriented to be studio, because it wasn't involved with a Dream touring Team, but a very different kind of team altogether.

HZM was already held back plenty, but to not even get his stage presence...
Of course Kyoiku is going to get some thumbs down in this thread.

But I'll tell you what.
Just Can't Help It loses to Dynamite Out, more than Kyoiku loses to Adult.
Have to put things into perspective here.
Old 2007.09.17, 07:07 AM   #4
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I'm tired of Kyouiku/Adult comparisons.
Enough is enough.
Old 2007.09.17, 11:12 AM   #5
Op2
Banned

Op2 is headed in the right direction

I think Kyouiku sounded better after I heard Dynamite! Out. But, excluding that, Adult obviously wins in a head-to-head album comparison. It's hard to say, both are really good albums, almost the direct inverse of eachother.
Op2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.17, 02:03 PM   #6
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

EMF: 1 0 days without drama.

Havent we had this thread twice before?
4ail

As I've said before, looking at just the albums (not factoring the live show and promotional images) theres really not as big of a discrepancy in the albums style. Only difference being Kyoiku was mixed to sound like a turd and Adult was mixed to sound listenable. Well, thats a direct inverse, but not what you meant

Last edited by Tokyo Jihad : 2007.09.17 at 02:12 PM.
Tokyo Jihad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.17, 02:49 PM   #7
HEDOfloe

I don't know how this get spinned completely off of what I wanted to accomplish with it. I don't remember this thread being done before, but even if it was, we have a whole bunch of new members and the community seems different than what it was when it started. My main reason for starting this was just to see if we really were divided as you jihad said how there is an "adult camp", etc. I don't feel this way so I wanted to see for sure. I'm not trying to say how ADULT is better than Kyouiku or anything as I love both albums.

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
This poll isn't fair.
Kyoiku was oriented to be live, and it practically was (a few of the audiophiles here get the sense that Kyoiku was recorded with all the band members in one room at the same time), even before the Dynamite tour actually happened. Adult was oriented to be studio, because it wasn't involved with a Dream touring Team, but a very different kind of team altogether.

HZM was already held back plenty, but to not even get his stage presence...
Of course Kyoiku is going to get some thumbs down in this thread.

But I'll tell you what.
Just Can't Help It loses to Dynamite Out, more than Kyoiku loses to Adult.
Have to put things into perspective here.
I don't think this is unfair in any way because as I've said before, I love kyouiku despite the audio quality, just as many other people loved it. I'm not trying to knock the album for it. I like most of the Kyouiku songs a lot more on the album then live anyway. I especially miss the clapping in the songs that is on the recordings and not found in the live performances. If others don't share this point of view, then that's fine, but I definitely made this poll in all fairness and sincerity and was not trying to compare the quality of the sound between the albums.
Old 2007.09.17, 02:51 PM   #8
Kasanagi

Kasanagi has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Hedo dude, think you'll need to clarify whether this poll is in the context of the songs, the guitarists, the phases, the pianoists, the live gigs, the audio quality etc etc.
Old 2007.09.17, 02:54 PM   #9
HEDOfloe

Just the music. Basically, anything that's on the album. The guitarist, pianist, whatever. I don't think live performances have anything to do with it but if you think that's important to you, then vote with that in mind. Like I said, I don't care for the audio quality since I think kyouiku is THAT awesome, but if that makes you lean more towards ADULT (which I think it shouldn't), then vote that way or whatever.

Let me just say, I think that the first four tracks on Kyouiku give me the best Jihen moment of all their music but I think the album gets weaker from there. I think crawl breaks the flow, genjitsu wo warau is pretty good but then service seems out of place as well and then the album ends well. I think ADULT has a better sound overall, because I love all the tracks all the way and the only ones that I don't love I just like very much. Whenever I hear kyouiku I usually skip crawl, sometimes genjitsu wo warau, and usually skip service also so I can't say I like it more because of that. I'm not saying all of ADULT's tracks are the best, it gets its weakest during yukiguni and kabuki, but there are no tracks that I skip on it, so it's my favorite of the two.

Last edited by HEDOfloe : 2007.09.17 at 02:59 PM.
Old 2007.09.17, 03:36 PM   #10
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

I prefer Eric Zay over Inoran. Even though Ino has cool hair, P90s and the beautiful FAKE? silver guitar, Eric is just a tiny bit better because he primarily uses a Jaguar and isn't afraid to break out the EBow for long sustains. Eric can pull off the sensual songs like Endless that Ino seems to be afraid to try live.