Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Polls
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polls This is where you find out how many people share your opinion - without prompting them to actually say something.
View Poll Results: What is your favorite song on Variety??
Ramp 1 1.25%
Mirrorball 0 0%
Kingyo no Hako 14 17.50%
Shiseikatsu 4 5.00%
OSCA 8 10.00%
Kronekodow 5 6.25%
Fukushuu 3 3.75%
Boutomin 5 6.25%
SSAW 3 3.75%
Tsukigime-Hime 3 3.75%
Sake to Geko 9 11.25%
Killer Tune 15 18.75%
Metro 10 12.50%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007.10.23, 06:10 PM   #11
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by natsume View Post
And again, it sounds like a band that has gelled and found its way.
Is that so?
I wholeheartedly believe that they went the wrong way ever since SR decided to not let Hirama/HZM write songs on Kyouiku. That effect is just compounded now.

Sigh.
*goes back listening to Tsumi to Batsu*
Old 2007.10.23, 06:59 PM   #12
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Really? Even ADULT? I don't think ADULT is right for everyone, but I think it is a very well composed album while Variety, on the other hand, is not as well composed.

But I also don't think this is the way for the band to go. I really believe that this was just to please all the fans that wrote to Ringo and the next album will be a more balanced effort between the band. If she does take complete control again, I think it will still have a more team flavor to it than any album before because it's hard to see them have a whole album and then Ringo compose another whole album on their own. I think it's time for them to strike up a new, perfected balance.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.23, 07:57 PM   #13
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

Damn those stupid fans
cjhobbies00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.23, 08:07 PM   #14
natsume

natsume is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
I wholeheartedly believe that they went the wrong way ever since SR decided to not let Hirama/HZM write songs on Kyouiku. That effect is just compounded now.

OK, but I don't think Hirama was going to write many songs that would become Ringo classics. Granted, I can't stand his solo work. And HZMs stuff, although I like it, is a little bit too much about him. IMO Izawa and Ringo are the best music/lyrics combination so far, with Kameda's songs a close second.
natsume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.23, 09:26 PM   #15
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by cjhobbies00 View Post
Damn those stupid fans
You know, I always found this whole thing about the fans letters a little weird. I mean, how many songs were written by people other than Ringo and Kameda? Like two or three? Either way, it was a very small number and I think Ringo overreacted a bit by thinking that the fans were not happy with her composition skillz because I can't imagine people sticking around with the band for such a small number of songs that were not written by her. Everyone is obviously a fan of her compositions but just wanted it to be more of a group effort.

I can see how as an artist she would be brought down by people telling her they wanted to see less of her work and more of others, but I think it would have been more of a challenge to her in her younger years than just deferring to the other members. Although, she is barely even thirty, but I wouldn't know how old you feel when you get to be that age and have a son @_@.

That being said, I think it sets up the next album to have quite a dramatic affair around. There are people who hated Variety and it raised questions amongst even the ones that loved it, so we will see if Ringo takes the reign and delivers something even the disgruntled fans can enjoy, or if they make it more of a team effort and deliver their best album yet. Or will they go and experiment some more? or revisit an old style? Ringo had said that they were not sure where to go from here.

I have high hopes because if they revisit a past style, it will have a unique twist to it. I'd love to see uki and Izawa rock out to music like Kyouiku but with their own, more developed style. Or they can do something new, which, if led mostly by Ringo, can be something truly amazing, genre-bending stuff as she has done in the past. Variety has barely been out and I'm super excited for the next album!
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.23, 10:21 PM   #16
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Hirama's solo work contains some downright disgusting stuff and some really really cool stuff. Maybe Hirama alone can't write "Ringo classics" but Hirama and Ringo in a team sure can come up with something good. I agree Izawa/Ringo make a good songwriting team - Goldfish Box and Kaban no Nakami are probably the best songs in this era of TJ. At the same time, Izawa also wrote SSAW -.- With all due respect for Kameda, I really don't like his songwriting style. Superstar, Toumei Ningen, Private Life, Senkou Shojou... it's becoming very predictable.

But oh well... even if SR starts writing songs again, it may sound totally different now.
Old 2007.10.24, 08:07 AM   #17
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Hirama's solo work contains some downright disgusting stuff and some really really cool stuff.
Sodom to Gamorrah belongs in the same category of suck as Boutomin and SSAW as some of the worst songs ever created in music history. Ao, Tensai Yo..., Rekishi, and AM 1:00 could have been Jihen classics.
Old 2007.10.24, 10:10 AM   #18
Tsuchiya

Tsuchiya pleased at least somebody

With all due respect for Kameda, I really don't like his songwriting style. Superstar, Toumei Ningen, Private Life, Senkou Shojou... it's becoming very predictable.
We haven't even heard "Senkou Shojou" in full, and "Toumei Ningen" sounds nothing like those other two. I don't find "Superstar" or "Private Life" all that interesting (emotional ballads), but they've grown on me and I enjoy them.

And, again, "SSAW" is a great track. I almost chose it, and I almost chose "Kronekodow."
Tsuchiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.24, 12:13 PM   #19
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
Sodom to Gamorrah belongs in the same category of suck as Boutomin and SSAW as some of the worst songs ever created in music history.
Maoui, what's your play count on Boutomin and SSAW?
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.24, 12:21 PM   #20
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Three now and I like them less every time I here them. Commercial jingles don't float my boat.