Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Introductions You MUST introduce yourself here before you may post throughout the rest of the community.

Old 2014.10.08, 05:47 PM   #1071
bentanhankun

bentanhankun has had more than 15 seconds of fame
Default Hello!

New member here, but have been secretly admiring your forum posts from afar for years.

My name's Benjamin and I'm from Singapore yo'. Ringo/jihen fan since 2007 and counting. Also, FINALLY managed to saved enough for a ringo concert come 10 Dec, so I'm out of the peeking hole to ask if there're anyone whom I can be gig buddies for the concert! I speak a little japanese, but not enough to get me past the entrance of the arena, so help is much appreciated!!

(from afar)*welcome ben!*

WHY, THANK YOU!
bentanhankun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.10.08, 06:18 PM   #1072
kalmia

kalmia is an asset to this community

^ Welcome, dude. Have a good time at the concert. Can't make this one, but maybe she'll be doing something some other time we're both in Japan.
kalmia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.10.08, 06:57 PM   #1073
bentanhankun

bentanhankun has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by kalmia View Post
^ Welcome, dude. Have a good time at the concert. Can't make this one, but maybe she'll be doing something some other time we're both in Japan.
Thank you! Definitely not the last concert I'll attend if the experience is positive, and I'll keep you in mind!
bentanhankun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.10.30, 07:51 PM   #1074
harry4567

harry4567 raises the standards of what a community can offer

Hi, I'm Harry. I'm just another ringo fan in the world
harry4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.12.03, 10:59 PM   #1075
Kyogenshou

Kyogenshou has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Hi, Rafa from Spain. First listened to her music around 2003-2004. Increased interest and admiration since then, that for the last 4-5 years became an obsession. Just came back from Japan, I went to the Nov 30th concert at Saitama Super Arena.
Kyogenshou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.12.05, 01:38 PM   #1076
Inseu

Inseu has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Welcome, what do you think of her new stuff?
Inseu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.12.05, 11:06 PM   #1077
Kyogenshou

Kyogenshou has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I like it! I like Hizuru Tokoro more than the selfcovers album, but none of them disapointed me. I was bit scared after Tokyo Jihen era, like... is her next stuff gonna keep the level? i think it does.
Kyogenshou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.12.20, 12:52 AM   #1078
cowboydan

cowboydan has had more than 15 seconds of fame

My name is JJ.

Ringo is a relatively new discovery for me. So far I really like Kalk Samen Kuri no Hana and Sanmon Gossip a lot. Marunouchi Sadistic (Expo Version) is such a killer song.
I haven't ventured into Tokyo Jihen yet, as I would like to really absorb solo Ringo much more first.

I'm really an obsessive music fan in general. I'm always buying vinyl records whenever I can afford to. Constantly finding about new music everyday, as much as possible. In the past two years or so I've been on a kick Japanese music kick. Before, I had been into Japanese rock bands Boris, Mono, Envy, Toe, Sete Star Sept, The Gerogerigegege, Hijokaiden, etc. But then I starting REALLY getting into the poppier stuff. Perfume, Capsule, Takako Minekawa, Akiko Yano, Kahimi Karie, Yukari Freshi, Hi-Posi, Zazen Boys, Tujiko Noriko, etc. so a lot of shibuya-kei and more.

I post on Perfume-City a bit but it's pretty dead over there. And I don't feel like I can relate much to the JPH!P community. I think this forum looks more like my cup of tea. Already found out about some very very great bands just lurking on here. Jun Togawa, Oomori Seiko, Mariko Goto, etc.

So basically I'm looking forward to nerding out with fellow music enthusiasts looking to expanding their vast musical knowledge.

also, I play in a couple punk bands and also have a solo project that I'd love to share with people who might also have bands themselves.
cowboydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.12.20, 06:05 AM   #1079
TeslaGuy
apathy enthusiast

TeslaGuy knows what you did last summerTeslaGuy knows what you did last summer

^Welcome! Sounds like you will fit right in here. Please don't feel reluctant to jump in and express your opinions on Ringo's and other's music. No two of us here completely agree about things, and alternative perspectives are almost always respected, though it is appreciated when you provide an explanation of the reasons behind your opinions.
TeslaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.12.21, 11:26 AM   #1080
blanket

blanket has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Hi, my name is George. I've been a Shiina fan for about 2 years now.

Before then I was really into math rock and shoegaze and my love for Japanese film and music spread from there I guess.

Here are some bands I like to give you an idea of my taste (idk??)

NUMBER GIRL, Uchu Conbini, tricot, Mouse on the Keys, low-pass, Emiri Ota, Fishmans, Shonen Knife, Boris, Yapoos / Jun Togawa, Midori / Mariko Goto, Ruins, Gogo7188, Etsuko Yakushimaru / Soutaiseiriron, Passepied, Happy End, Pizzicato Five, Merzbow, The Pillows, Tentenko, Kyoko Mimura ....... ok I could go on but I'm sure you get the idea.

I'm also a really big Bjork fan.

did i do it right?
blanket is offline   Reply With Quote