Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2013.06.02, 05:43 AM   #31
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Didn't expect to finish it so quickly, but the Iroha... translation is done (not Kodoku yet). I very much admire Ringo's lyric-writing ability on full display here. I really think she is one of the greatest active lyricwriters.

http://lavendral.wordpress.com/2013/...irohanihoheto/

Also, random, but years ago a friend gave me a mousepad with Japanese hiragana characters in a block pattern on it. I am currently using it at work. I looked over the other day and the characters are actually the Iroha poem. Random...
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.06.02, 10:34 AM   #32
karateexplosion

karateexplosion is an asset to this community

I think at this point I'd be essentially parroting every other remark in this thread before, seeing as I sgree, save for the fact that I'm actually not all that impressed by Iroha and would probably put it on a similar lever to Kodoku no Akatsuki; just "meh". I think it's the melody I find predictable and formulaic (minus the last phrase of the chorus). The PV's cool, the cover's cool, the arrangement's cool, but I dunno. I just can't get into it.

Maybe I'm desensitized to Ringo's writing style after all these years and can never again truly enjoy one of her new releases. This is a dark day.

No, that can't be right. Doku Ichigo is sexy and I enjoy it muchly.
karateexplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.06.02, 07:52 PM   #33
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by karateexplosion View Post

No, that can't be right. Doku Ichigo is sexy and I enjoy it muchly.
Doku Ichigo, the essential Ringo release that noone owns/talks about. It's pretty unfortunate really.

I'd say if you enjoyed that, you're gonna enjoy the new SAPS/Ringo too. So all hope isn't lost quite yet for you :-p
Old 2013.06.03, 03:08 PM   #34
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

Is Doku Ichigo that EP for that play?
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.06.03, 03:15 PM   #35
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Whoa! The Akatsuki bridge that I initially dismissed as mildly quirky is actually very interesting! That part is *exactly* what I'd expect a track from the non-existing 'Wonder, Vulgar, Eccentric' to sound like. What a huge tease! (I agree, deadgrandma).
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.06.03, 05:36 PM   #36
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

???
Wonder, Vulgar, Eccentric is just KZK before Ringo decided on KZK. I believe she picked the title after the album was finished.
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.06.03, 07:08 PM   #37
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Image dump (or as Dr. Steve Brule would say "Image drump")

Sorry about the vulgarity/crudity of these pictures, just took them super quickly. I will get a better camera one day, I swear!
Name:  imag0483s.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  167.5 KB
Name:  imag0487zy.jpg
Size:  149.6 KB
Name:  imag0488o.jpg
Size:  153.7 KB

And for final confirmation on who is playing on Irohanihoheto:
Name:  imag0490k.jpg
Size:  82.7 KB
Old 2013.06.03, 08:02 PM   #38
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by TurtleFu View Post
???
Wonder, Vulgar, Eccentric is just KZK before Ringo decided on KZK. I believe she picked the title after the album was finished.
I just like to think that the title 'Wonder, Vulgar, Eccentric' would suit an album just as bizarre, but much less somber in tone than KSK. The bridge sounds like it would belong to that hypothetical album with its freaky, possessed vocals.

Man, I love black and red.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.06.04, 09:32 AM   #39
karateexplosion

karateexplosion is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
Doku Ichigo, the essential Ringo release that noone owns/talks about. It's pretty unfortunate really.
Yes, it's quite confounding. No one appreciates theatre anymore.
karateexplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.06.05, 05:00 AM   #40
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

I wasn't thrilled by it... I dunno. I guess I don't get it. And I wish the vocals were Ringo.
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote