Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2007.03.27, 05:04 AM   #1
Loire
Founder

Loire pleased at least somebody
Default [SR] 1999.02.24 - Muzai Moratorium (CD) [Album]

無罪モラトリアム (Muzai Moratorium)

01. 正しい街 (Tadashii Machi)
02. 歌舞伎町の女王 (Kabuki-chou no Joou)
03. 丸の内サディスティック (Marunouchi Sadistic)
04. 幸福論 -悦楽編- (Koufukuron -Etsuraku Hen-)
05. 茜さす帰路照らされど... (Akane sasu kiro terasaredo...)
06. シドと白昼夢 (Sid to Hakuchuumu)
07. 積木遊び (Tsumiki Asobi)
08. ここでキスして。 (Koko de Kiss Shite.)
09. 同じ夜 (Onaji Yoru)
10. 警告 (Keikoku)
11. モルヒネ (Morphine)
Total Playtime: 41:00

Retail Availability: Amazon.co.jp, CD Japan, HMV Japan, YesAsia
Loire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.04, 01:36 AM   #4
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Re-posting something I said in the old thread...

I was looking at the MM cover today... does anyone know what it means? Ringo in a crowd of people surrounding a politician-like guy brandishing a banner with the album's title on it. Kind of an odd image for a debut album, I'm surprised they let her get away with it. Does anyone have any material where she states her intentions about the cover and what she wanted to do with it?

Or personal interpretations. What do you think it means?

I even translated her little commentary blurb about the album--but it just concerns the title. Here it is anyway:

是は、十代のあたしが考えた、「人として生きること」に関する集大成である。生を受け、其れが衰えるということは、常に何かの過程に過ぎず、何時だって不完全なものに思えるのだ。あたしの初めてのアルバムタイトルには、そういった意味が込められている。
Translation:
"This album has to do with what my teenage self thought of as “living as a person.” Having naïveté, only to lose it – it always seems like an imperfection, this process you can never get past. That’s the kind of meaning I put into my first album title."

Other things I'm noticing about this album now that I've pulled out my copy and am inspecting it: on the front page of the insert is a Marunouchi line, with a Yamanote line intersecting it. Instead of Yamanote stops, there are the tracks of the album (whereas Marunouchi has all its normal stops). This is so freakin' cool I just can't get over it!! I can't believe I never noticed this before.

Then on the last page, after all the credits, there is a little paragraph that I believe is a personal message to her fans.

是迄御逢い出来た皆様、中でも、あたくしの様な欠落人間に少しでも燃料を使って下さった方々、どうも有難う。一人一人お名前を挙げていまお礼を申し上げたいのですが、きりがないし、照れ臭いし、次回、また何らかの形で致します。そして、明日からも、何卒。ごきげんやふ。
Translation:
"In having been able to meet so many of you all, above all the people who used even a little bit of fuel for a missing person such as myself, thank you very much. Though I want to express my gratitude by naming everyone off one by one, as that would never end, and be awkward, maybe next time--who knows what shape this will be done in again. And, from tomorrow onwards as well, please be well."
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.04, 05:56 AM   #5
CatchFiveBats

CatchFiveBats has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I believe it was discussed in the old thread that, since the man on the cover is holding the sign while Ringo kind of stands in the back, the art for this album signifies the "backseat" that an artist takes when their music is released on a major label. As in, the label takes the credit while the artist does all the work. Or something like that...
Old 2007.04.04, 02:00 PM   #6
badtzmaru

badtzmaru has had more than 15 seconds of fame

They probably let her get away with it because they didn't understand it, either. XD

By the way, why is Zac's post and the rest of the page inside Frecklegirl's post? @_@;;
Old 2007.04.04, 02:19 PM   #7
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

I don't knowww, it keeps eating into my post and then I edit it to fix it and then it does it again ;_;
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.04, 03:36 PM   #8
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by badtzmaru View Post
They probably let her get away with it because they didn't understand it, either. XD
They let her "get away with it" cuz they were laughing all the way to the bank anyway

Anyway, I listened to this album yesterday, probly the first time this year I even listened to anything Shiina that wasn't new. And during my listen I remember why I liked Shiina so much. It's a monster album. You can really feel shes into everything. Trying different things (Akane, Morphine, Tsumiki, Sid) -- and not afraid to try, not keeping with whats par for the course. Its a fresh album and I think is more striking than anything post KZK. It really gets underrated being in the league as SS, KZK, and even Adult (which gets the love here). I think its tper capita better than SS (however, song-for-song, SS has the monsters) and has all the accessability that KZK and Adult lack. (And um, its just plain better than Kyoiku i guess.)

Its unfortunate more don't wave the MM flag. Myself included, cuz...well, KZK...but y'know, still!
Old 2007.04.04, 03:43 PM   #9
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

^ This is my favorite album and it's probably because Morphine is so awesome. It's got a couple of songs that I regularly skip (Onaji Yoru, Shido), but every album is like that for me. I can't name an album I usually listen to straight through. Not even KSK.
Old 2007.04.05, 02:44 PM   #10
Loire
Founder

Loire pleased at least somebody

I like this album. It isn't as complex or "alternative" as albums like KSK, but I like its fresh "feeling"...when I listen to it I want to run everywhere and sing along