Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2007.07.26, 08:32 PM   #61
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by fluffiethesock View Post
Aside from their hair, how do they look?
Er, like how Hirama looks serene while Uki looks bored?
My friends tell me Uki looks like a pervert (especially in that musica magazine shoot). And I agree.

Or you could just say I'm biased and only showed them pictures where Uki looks unflattering. *shrugs*
Old 2007.07.26, 08:36 PM   #62
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

HAX!

Is he an attractive pervert? What about Kameda, Hata, Izawa, and HZM? I can't imagine people thinking Kameda or Hata are attractive, but I could be wrong. Let's hear it, hokkguz!
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.07.26, 08:42 PM   #63
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

In Sounan PV Hata looks like a North Korean soldier.
HZM is like a hyperactive panda cub.
Izawa's good-looking too, as long as he doesn't have the spaced-out expression.
And Kameda just looks like Kameda, the loyal turtle.
Old 2007.07.26, 10:59 PM   #64
Kasanagi

Kasanagi has had more than 15 seconds of fame

...From Hata kicking air to Hirama's hair, what the hell are we on about? I don't considered JCHI to be laid-back, but to think TJ is holding back in JCHI? Held back would be SR singing gibs in Ringohan with that blind guitar player (sorry can't remeber his name)....

SR do seem more casual and relaxed in JCHI than DO, I don't think I've ever seen her smiles so much in one performance... but to say she's disconnected and not "in" it is just baseless accousations.

Uki just looks...awkward, which I thought is pretty cool. For some reason he just reminds me Tom Green...
Old 2007.07.27, 08:43 AM   #65
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Haha, this discussion will never go anywhere. I obviously think Phase 2 is the better band... I think their sound is a huge improvement over Phase 1, and that everyone sounds better when playing together instead of one or two people trying to dominate.
I can't recall anyone from the old band trying to dominate a song unless it was their time to shine in a solo. I can recall the glory days when they were praised for how they played together as a band though.
Old 2007.07.27, 09:14 AM   #66
fluffiethesock

You can barely hear HZM in much of Dynamite Out. Some of the songs really don't need him at all because they're written for a dominating guitar and loud drumming. Sure, he adds a lot to some of the songs, but many times I can sort of understand why he left the band.

On the other hand, the songs in Just Can't Help It use a lot of piano and organ, so it just goes to show how different the concerts themselves should be.
Old 2007.07.27, 09:36 AM   #67
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Some of the songs really don't need him at all because they're written for a dominating guitar and loud drumming.
Yet on the album, HZM is the single most audible player on the record?

I've in the past noted that Uki (especially on record) is flung to the background, easily looked over, have to really concentrate to listen for in many songs. (Excluding solos of course, which I'm sure you must have been in your hzm statement.) Upon my initial listen to Adult, many of the songs I said that you wouldn't miss (or maybe even notice if) Uki wasn't there. So what does this mean? I'm not sure. But Fluffie brought it up =P

Also I like how phase 1 is suddenly Black Sabbath or The Who or Zepplin to some people. I never got that memo back in the day. =P
Old 2007.07.27, 12:31 PM   #68
fluffiethesock

Anyways, HZM is drowned out in Dynamite Out, which is kind of like the music at its purest. Uki is quieter in the studio versions of the songs, which is when the songs are engineered to sound a certain way. This leads me to believe that Uki's quietness in some songs was purposely written that way to make the songs sound how they are. HZM was engineered to fit into the studio album along with his bandmates, but he was then out-performed in concert.
Old 2007.07.29, 08:48 AM   #69
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

You can barely hear HZM in much of Dynamite Out. Some of the songs really don't need him at all because they're written for a dominating guitar and loud drumming. Sure, he adds a lot to some of the songs, but many times I can sort of understand why he left the band.
I listened/watched DO! in it's entirety yesterday just to try to see where you're coming from, but I can't. There wasn't a single time I had trouble hearing HZM in the mix. Not even during the loud guitar songs like Tsuki ni or Gunjou. Maybe I'm just using superior equipment [/glath] or you're just trying to hear parts that aren't there?
Old 2007.07.30, 11:36 AM   #70
fluffiethesock

Weird! I was watching Honnou again, and I noticed something I had never heard before. At the end of the song, after Ringo has sung her last words of Japanese and Uki has begun jamming on the guitar, she turns towards Hata or Uki and she sings "I just wanna be with you, I really really do," and then turns back towards the audience. I always thought she was just singing some random words, but it's definitely in English. I think it's peculiar.

Actually, hearing her sing that and then seeing Uki go all out makes the song seem a lot more emotional.