Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2011.02.11, 01:03 PM   #251
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

the point is it doesn't matter cuz those movies were great anyway.
Old 2011.02.11, 01:09 PM   #252
BanFan

BanFan is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
[Stuff about pineapple juice]
That's the best analogy ever.

This situation with Ringo material being on a Jihen release reminds me a lot of how the brilliant green vocalist Kawase Tomoko's side projects started bleeding into the brilliant green's releases in 2007. Whether I like the song or not doesn't matter, I just wish band members could keep solo material separate.
BanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.11, 01:14 PM   #253
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
the point is it doesn't matter cuz those movies were great anyway.
Princess and the Frog wasn't.

Originally Posted by BanFan View Post
This situation with Ringo material being on a Jihen release reminds me a lot of how the brilliant green vocalist Kawase Tomoko's side projects started bleeding into the brilliant green's releases in 2007. Whether I like the song or not doesn't matter, I just wish band members could keep solo material separate.
Now that she's merged her 'extra-curricular' music with Jihen, now there's no need for her to make another solo album.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.11, 01:21 PM   #254
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
Princess and the Frog wasn't.
That's like, your opinion man
Old 2011.02.11, 01:47 PM   #255
Entry№1

Entry№1 puts considerable thought into their posts

Guys, I just realized what "Onna no Ko wa Dare Demo" needed.

Megaphone.
Old 2011.02.11, 01:57 PM   #256
oh opeo

oh opeo pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by Entry№1 View Post
Guys, I just realized what "Onna no Ko wa Dare Demo" needed.

Megaphone.
hahahahaha no

I guess the MV's fine. I'll watch just to see Jihen dance and have fun.

Other than that... /:
oh opeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.11, 02:45 PM   #257
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

I concur with the "fuck da pineapples" sentiment. But the chef only wants to cook for herself what she find appetizing. What to do?

The complaints are valid, but the band needs to fail financially and in fanbase to get the message across that theres no demand for that stuff. I mean fail on a massive scale. All-capitals, booing her at live shows during the song(s) level of fail.

who's man enough to face the ringohan horde in Japan and take one for Team EM? lol
ShadyNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.11, 02:51 PM   #258
Tokyo Jihad

Originally Posted by ShadyNook View Post
I concur with the "fuck da pineapples" sentiment. But the chef only wants to cook for herself what she find appetizing. What to do?
Not open a restaurant and just cook for herself.
Old 2011.02.11, 02:54 PM   #259
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

EMI doesnt have the balls to make that happen. heh

edit: and if they did, frickin Avex would probably snatch her up. oh man...
ShadyNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.11, 03:03 PM   #260
s3r3nity

s3r3nity is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by NIMH Rat View Post
Oh, I'm not that dramatic. Not as dramatic as people who glance at a tiny image on a computer screen, beamed from a foreign country, of a woman they seem to admire very much (or why would they be here? in spite of her?) and whose reaction is to call it "shit" or "embarrassing" with nothing to back it up....not even an entertainingly bitchy phrase, just empty-headed posturing that I'd expect from a twelve-year-old. (I'm not talking about you, grumble_cake. Or Jihad or Maou or others who put some thought into their posts.)

Remember, this is coming from the person who gave second chances to now-famously-banned posters. I am one damn calm administrator....but some of this juvenile snark is starting to bug me.
Don't know if this was aimed partially at me or not, but I can back up my statement. By embarassing, I meant I felt uncomfortable watching her prance around like that. It's not necessarily a bad thing, it just totally didn't fit with my image of her. Tsugou ii karada was a bit more bizarre, while this was, I guess Disney Princess/little girlish.

I don't know. Nothing about the song stuck with me, didn't strike a chord in me at all...

I remember someone on the forum once said that their taste with Ringo changed as they aged; when they were in their late teens, they liked MM, as they got older SS, and so on. Maybe that's the case with me. Maybe I just haven't experienced life enough yet to get the feeling in this song. Or maybe there's just not as much as their used to be.

I still think she's capable of making a good song, I just don't think that this is one.

<Apologies because it seemed like the argument was getting resolved and I don't want to start it up again, but I wanted to clear up what I was saying so I didn't seem like too much of a negative nancy>