Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
View Poll Results: Do you like Heisei Fuzoku?
Yes! I love it!! 21 36.21%
Yeah, its a good album. 24 41.38%
I Don't hate it. 11 18.97%
No, I do not like it at all. 2 3.45%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007.06.07, 08:26 PM   #1
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts
Default Do you like Heisei Fuzoku?

I really love this album and I wanted to know how everyone felt about it. I've only seen posts of people who do not like it or are indifferent so I wanted to see how many like it. I imagine more like it than hate it but few have said so, but I could be wrong.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.06.07, 08:29 PM   #2
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

*rolls eyes*
Old 2007.06.07, 08:34 PM   #3
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

"No sir, I don't like it."

Actually its not "omg ma eears!" bad, its just meh. It feels so forced. Stylistically its like, "so whats NEW?" We've heard you do this before Shiina, the gimmicks through. And plus theres plenty of songas we DID here almost EXACTLY before.

/only Shiina record NOT on my mp3 player (moreso cuz the albums on my laptop and dont feel like putting the transfer software on it)
Old 2007.06.07, 08:39 PM   #4
HEDOfloe

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
Actually its not "omg ma eears!" bad, its just meh. It feels so forced. Stylistically its like, "so whats NEW?" We've heard you do this before Shiina, the gimmicks through. And plus theres plenty of songas we DID here almost EXACTLY before.
If you think it feels forced thats fine but what does it matter if she performed some songs before the release? If I were a fan when she released the BX dvd I would have been super pissed that an actual recording of it was not released and with this album she has made me happy . I am, however, super pissed that there is not an actual recording of Kabuki-chou and we just have the dvd of it. Drives me nuts.

Edit: I wish she had recorded Tsumi to batsu from the NHK performance as well @_@
Old 2007.06.07, 08:44 PM   #5
Kasanagi

Kasanagi has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I Don't Hate it... I would've loved it if she released all the new material (some of which I do like) as a couple of singles or B-sides or sumfing but a whole album by itself is just not doing it for me.
Old 2007.06.07, 08:45 PM   #6
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by HEDOfloe View Post
If you think it feels forced thats fine but what does it matter if she performed some songs before the release? If I were a fan when she released the BX dvd I would have been super pissed that an actual recording of it was not released and with this album she has made me happy . I am, however, super pissed that there is not an actual recording of Kabuki-chou and we just have the dvd of it. Drives me nuts.

Edit: I wish she had recorded Tsumi to batsu from the NHK performance as well @_@
Aw man. I thought that BX/KSK-era Kabuki-cho was dreadful. Toumei Ningen (Adult) gets a bad rap, and I give Death Jazz a hard time, but that BX Kabuki-Cho deserves to be in the same hall of record.

And how bout us that get jilted for not having Dynamite Out as a album (and get stuck with dvd audio rips that are still better than Kyoiku)?
Old 2007.06.07, 08:48 PM   #7
HEDOfloe

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
Aw man. I thought that BX/KSK-era Kabuki-cho was dreadful. Toumei Ningen (Adult) gets a bad rap, and I give Death Jazz a hard time, but that BX Kabuki-Cho deserves to be in the same hall of record.
Wait, I dont mean the one from BX since I do not remember if it was the same, but the one I like is the one from the Ringohan concert. If it is the same arrangement then yea I love that one, but I really like the ringohan one, especially how it starts right after kareha without a break in between.
Old 2007.06.07, 09:34 PM   #8
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

I think it's a pretty good album, but I don't listen to it a lot 'cause it's a lot of trouble to take it out of the case. It wasn't as magical as I thought it'd be when it was first announced (and all the songs were said to be new), but for what it turned out to be I think it's beautiful. Actually, I think I may start listening to it more now.
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.06.07, 11:54 PM   #9
Jesse

Jesse has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I think Heisei Fuusoku is a good album. Definitely not one of my favourite albums ever, but I like all the songs and love some of them.

I would've preferred Tsumi to Batsu over Poltergeist or something. Or at least some songs that weren't on Baishou Ecstasy, like it could've done without Ishiki, Meisei and STEM. I've already got DVD audio rips of those...

It kills most Japanese albums released so far this year anyway...
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.06.08, 12:20 AM   #10
Ananda

Ananda pleased at least somebody

I've been kinda disppointed by this album whan it's been released. I liked BX but listened to it a lot, I was not fond of Kono yo no Kagiri and I hated (and still hate) Oiran and Hatsukoi Shojo. Then I came to love it after having heard it several time, I think it's a good background album, despite some weak songs.

Originally Posted by HEDOfloe View Post

That would have been great ! And I wish she had sung the HF version of Gamble in concert and not only in BokuOn.