Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2007.12.31, 06:57 AM   #531
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

I like Service too, but Kabuki is really awesome for me. Its one of those songs where the band shows off their skillz like in OSCA, and that's the main thing I love about it
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.31, 12:27 PM   #532
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Yeah, I also have a problem with "go buy yourself some ears" and "go write a song." Um, are all movie critics required to make movies first? No, but they've seen enough films to know what's good and what's not, what works and what doesn't. Same for music lovers, just because they don't do it themselves doesn't disqualify them from judging. "Oh, but you don't know how hard it is! Cut them a break!" So? It's THEIR job to do it right, and if they don't, I for one don't feel like babying them.

So cut it out with those kinds of remarks.
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.31, 12:35 PM   #533
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

... unless you make it even clearer that it was a joke. :x
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.31, 02:42 PM   #534
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I think Variety sucks.
But sure, you can go ahead and say that it's the greatest album of 2007. We just won't be good friends that's all. I was a Shiina Ringo fan. I say what I want about her music and her band's recent ungainly developments in music.

And quit saying that her lyrics are so damn good so damn good to justify her lacklustre output this year. While I appreciate frecklegirl's hardwork in translating all her lyrics accurately, and refer to her site from time to time, lyrics just aren't a big part of me liking SR's music in the first place.

Give me back the melody, harmony, emotion, vivacity, energy, and beauty that her songs used to possess. Then I will quit being so sore about Tokyo Jihen v2.0.
Old 2007.12.31, 04:17 PM   #535
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by fluffiethesock View Post
... unless you make it even clearer that it was a joke. :x
Was it? I dunno, others were taking it pretty seriously right before my post in this thread. Even if it was meant half in jest, I think there was also a serious side to it.
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.31, 04:27 PM   #536
fluffiethesock

I'm not criticizing anyone for taking it negatively, but it seemed to me that he was joking about the song-writing / new ears comment. It was obvious that he didn't agree with the opinion, but I don't he was all that serious about his advice. Either way, it's often hard to tell what people actually mean in forums, so it's not that big of a deal.
Old 2007.12.31, 05:28 PM   #537
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

I think Jihad made it clear that he was disappointed in Ringo allowing Variety to happen, but if her lyrics are soo good but not good enough to justify Uki's bad music, then what else is lackluster about her performance? If all she did was lyrics and the lyrics were good then I think she delivered on her side of things.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.31, 06:20 PM   #538
ParisJihen

ParisJihen has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I'm not criticizing anyone for taking it negatively, but it seemed to me that he was joking about the song-writing / new ears comment. It was obvious that he didn't agree with the opinion, but I don't he was all that serious about his advice. Either way, it's often hard to tell what people actually mean in forums, so it's not that big of a deal.
Thanx Fluffie for trying to calm down what I unintentionally launched !
It is obvious that Vegetarianham has some different taste in music than the average SR fan, but he still is a SR fan and thus has good taste and ears ! so please don't take offence on that one, because I would talk like that to my best friend... but I recognize that I can be harsh on that subject 'cause I'm a songwriter too, and take it very seriously too !
And maybe I just find hard to read so bad critics about an artist that I love. I mean I didn't register on this forum to read people being so negative about her...
Compared to the average productions worlwide, Variety is a jewel of creativity, originality, inspiration and fun (not mentioning the usual excellence and mastery we already know from them)
And, yeah I still can be critical... Boutomin is getting on my nerves each time ukigumo begins to sing ! he's so gay

Oups I almost forgot to wish you all a very good 2008 year !

Last edited by ParisJihen : 2007.12.31 at 06:23 PM.
ParisJihen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.31, 06:36 PM   #539
fluffiethesock

Originally Posted by ParisJihen View Post
And, yeah I still can be critical... Boutomin is getting on my nerves each time ukigumo begins to sing ! he's so gay
Darn it! How can I defend you when you have such bad taste? You need some new ears, ParJi!
Old 2007.12.31, 08:41 PM   #540
pariscombo

pariscombo deserves a fucking medal

Darn it! How can I defend you when you have such bad taste? You need some new ears, ParJi!
Yes, we all need some new years.