Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Polls
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polls This is where you find out how many people share your opinion - without prompting them to actually say something.
View Poll Results: Which Heisei Fuuzoku releases do you own? (or plan to own)
None 3 8.57%
CD [Retail Packaging] 5 14.29%
CD [Limited Packaging] 25 71.43%
DVD [Limited-Only] 18 51.43%
LP [Limited-Only] 7 20.00%
e-Onkyo "HD Quality" Downloads [Original Versions] 1 2.86%
e-Onkyo "HD Quality" Downloads [Instrumental] 4 11.43%
Promos 1 2.86%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007.06.05, 09:13 PM   #11
badtzmaru

badtzmaru has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I only have the limited versions of the CD and DVD. (And, I guess the instrumentals... )

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
Possible points to discuss are, is there anything (song or packaging) one release had, that should've been included with an earlier or later release?
Hmm, I kind of wish "Karisome Otomoe" (Death Jazz Ver.) was on the album, so we could easily rip a better version of it. But, I understand that it doesn't really fit with the album. I organized it into the HF album though because it's messy if it has its own album. >_<

What are the promos?

Originally Posted by natsume View Post
I can't help but think that this is a good example of marketing overload. It's almost absurd. I wonder if it was actually worth the effort, at least as far as recouping costs. I would much rather the energy had been put to some other use. A new comp of the CVs, the full footage of the Fuji Rock show, or whatever show that Ringo Onda thing is from. I'm still wishing Dai Ikkai had the full TJ performance.

But maybe it was an experiment, and maybe it had as much with the label as Shiina, as far as seeing how far they could push it.
I'm kind of in the middle on this. I do think it was a bit much, but then I think it would be fun for the fans to collect everything. (Even though I haven't. >_<; I wonder how Ringo feels about it.
Old 2007.06.06, 01:58 AM   #12
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

I have the regular and limited retail cds, the vinyl, and the dvd.

I wasn't planning on buying regular version of the cd but I bought it so I could get another raffle ticket to entire and win a signed poster from the cast and crew of Sakuran or something like that at the store I bought it from.

The vinyl I bought because it is really sexy and I started buying Vinyl for collector's sake purposes a while ago. The DVD I bought because I consider it a legitimate Ringo dvd release and I doubt we will ever see work from this era released on a dvd anywhere else (PV-wise) so it was the only way to get KYNK, despite the crappy quality. And despite what people say, I actually like the PV's on the DVD.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.06.06, 03:14 AM   #13
bebio

bebio is an asset to this community

I think this poll should include the single (Kono Yo No Kagiri) and the digital releases of Karisome Otome (Death Jazz and Hitokuchizaka), which compose YET ANOTHER part of the whole HF marketing extravaganza.

I own the limited edition (which I very much like), and I just decided I would waste my money on the dvd, which I might receive by mail next week. One of my hobbies is graphic design, so I'm a sucker for deluxe packagings and bonus motion graphics, especially of music that I love.

I also wanted a good quality version of Karisome Otome (Death Jazz), but sadly I only discovered after I did the purchase that the track is crossfaded... Oh well I still have hopes that I could eventually download a good quality mp3 of that track somewhere. In any case I'm sure I will enjoy the DVD.

Personally, I would have preferred if the Limited edition had a bonus cd with extra tracks...

So, when I ripped the limited cd into mp3, I created a fictional additional "bonus disk" with the following tracklist:
1-Karisome Otome (Death Jazz)
2-Sakuran (Onkyo Version)
3-Karisome Otome (Hitokuchizaka)
4-Sakuran (Live Acoustic Version)
5-Karisome Otome (Sakuran Trailer DVD Rip)

If I had a bonus disk in the Limited Edition CD in the first place with at least Death Jazz and Sakuran Onkyo, and maybe a remix or two, I would have really appreciated it.
Old 2007.06.06, 07:18 AM   #14
natsume

natsume is an asset to this community

I have tremendous gratitude for Orenji, everytime I listen to HF on the iPod.
natsume is offline   Reply With Quote