Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2008.07.04, 09:25 AM   #2371
Jonny

Jonny puts considerable thought into their posts

Can I link this again?

It's so very much like...

Jaurim - Carnival Amour

Tokyo Jihen's bokoku jyoshou

And to me, it got elements from Ringo's Shouso Strip era PV:s... like ballerinas (yami ni furu ame), et cetera.

It got some clear resemblence to Gibbusu... with the panning (is this a word) bird-view bed, originally (?) from Nirvana's heart-shaped boxes...

1:25, interesting dance. Heil der Führer...

Also: Crosses (gibbusu), yellow car (tsumi to batsu/izonshou)

Last edited by Jonny : 2008.07.04 at 09:32 AM.
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.04, 04:55 PM   #2372
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Hypnotic Brass Ensemble - Jupiter

Awesome awesome awesome! But there has got to be another way to own this music in a format other than mp3!
Old 2008.07.04, 05:33 PM   #2373
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by cjhobbies00 View Post
I've heard two albums and I really liked the sound, but I don't listen to it as frequently as my other music.
I think Radiohead, aside from The Bends which is usually instantly good, are growers. What are the two albums, out of curiosity? OK Computer is the Radiohead album, and usually, once it clicks, you can't stop listening.

I got the album. It didn't grab me at all at first. Upon my third listen, I'm making progress. I'm starting to quite enjoy it. Maybe not as much as I'm supposed to, but we'll see how it pans out...
OK. I really, really like it now. I really need to take the patience with these type of albums and give them a fair listen. Having recently 'got' Animal Collective, I'd really like to listen to and grow to love Panda Bear, the solo project of the Animal Collective founder, but I just keep putting it off. Having the apparent stand-out track being 12 minutes long doesn't help. I just look at the album on my playlist, or play it for a minute or two and then think "Nah, I'll put Rubber Soul [for example] on...".
Old 2008.07.04, 11:22 PM   #2374
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Arctic Monkeys - A Certain Romance

Man, this song is almost word-for-word how I feel about my hometown.

Speaking of Radiohead, I think it was last week that I listened to them a lot. I really like In Rainbows. My thing with them at first was that I thought that they were too melancholy but I've learned how to appreciate their music even if it's not always in your face. In Rainbows really got me into them. At first, I just liked the first two songs since they were upbeat (or more-so than the rest) but now I love the whole thing. I bought that one and The Bends so far, though. I had heard OK PC before but that was back when I didn't really like them. I'll have to hear it again.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.05, 02:00 AM   #2375
wilson

wilson pleased at least somebody

artic monkey is a great band ^^ love it

so Big Pun feat tony sunshine - 100%(aaah latina musica! muy bonita!)
wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.05, 03:00 AM   #2376
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by HEDOfloe View Post
Arctic Monkeys - A Certain Romance

Man, this song is almost word-for-word how I feel about my hometown.

Speaking of Radiohead, I think it was last week that I listened to them a lot. I really like In Rainbows. My thing with them at first was that I thought that they were too melancholy but I've learned how to appreciate their music even if it's not always in your face. In Rainbows really got me into them. At first, I just liked the first two songs since they were upbeat (or more-so than the rest) but now I love the whole thing. I bought that one and The Bends so far, though. I had heard OK PC before but that was back when I didn't really like them. I'll have to hear it again.
Good to hear. OK Computer is generally considered to be their best work, but as I said it isn't as obviously catchy as The Bend's upon first listen. When it 'works' though, it's mind blowing. From then on, you'd be moving into their experimental phase with Kid A and Amnesiac which you'll either love or hate. Kid A is icy cold, full of sparse guitar work and minimal electronic blips and beeps. But it's still one of my favourite albums and contains 3 of my favourite Radiohead tracks and (possibly) my all time favourite (How To Disappear Completely).

Love Arctic Monkeys too.

CLT: Mew - Comforting Sounds
Old 2008.07.05, 07:11 AM   #2377
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by Inaudible-Whisper View Post
CLT: Mew - Comforting Sounds
Oh. What a dramatic emo song. I can totally imagine some guy in kohl eyeliner singing that in an anguished expression... I love that song but everytime I listen to it that image pops into my mind and then I wanna laugh.
I love 156 from the same album... but again the intro makes me wanna laugh.

About Radiohead, I still haven't checked out their discog yet, but I liked Amnesiac a lot. I remember banging the chords for Pyramid Song on my piano back then when it was playing on MTV. Fun times.

These days I'm learning to play Keshou Naoshi... making very slow progress.

CLT: Hypnotic Brass Ensemble - Balicky Bone
Old 2008.07.05, 07:36 AM   #2378
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Albert Hammond, Jr. - GFC/& So it Goes

He has a new album coming out next week! I can't wait! It's annoying, though, that it comes out a day earlier in the UK even though he's American >_<.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.05, 08:10 AM   #2379
benkai ringo

benkai ringo pleased at least somebody

Blankey Jet City - Dandelion oh benji...what have you created back then, this song has banged/smacked my guts like from yesterday to this day in non-stop just lovely! Absolute one of their classics. The promotional video works too quite well imho. hmmmm..speaking of Asai's projects in general..
Sherbets is releasing a new release quite soon named: Greatest live in Tokyo. This has been quite a year in speaking of some certain artistes releasing mad stuff.
benkai ringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.05, 08:37 AM   #2380
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by benkai ringo View Post
Blankey Jet City - Dandelion oh benji...what have you created back then, this song has banged/smacked my guts like from yesterday to this day in non-stop just lovely! Absolute one of their classics. The promotional video works too quite well imho. hmmmm..speaking of Asai's projects in general..
Sherbets is releasing a new release quite soon named: Greatest live in Tokyo. This has been quite a year in speaking of some certain artistes releasing mad stuff.
There is still a lot of Blankey Jet City material I haven't heard, but I love Pepin, Skunk, and Rush. I already pre-ordered Greatest live in Tokyo. Sherbets unveiled "God" a couple of months ago, and a season before that, we got Miracle with a couple of old concert videos.

I wish JUDE were still active. Sometimes I'm annoyed by the keyboarding in Sherbets, but the band does have its moments.

Currently Listening To:
SHERBETS - Dead Christian Dior :: for Disney