Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2008.07.05, 09:01 AM   #2381
benkai ringo

benkai ringo pleased at least somebody

^^ I havent heard either all of their productions and i'm thinking will there ever be a change for that, since their stuff is quite rare these days but neverthless those songs you just listed definitely goes to anyones top 3 if i say, skunk is absolutely marvelous. Yeah, i just ordered God yesteday even though i knew its release had already been...but now i finally get the real copy of it. Oh and thats true that JUDE really should be around.

Was just listenning Silvet last night. It always makes me feel good. something just so special about it...oh in randow glath do you happen to know..is there a pv collection from BJC available. Or have they even released such product.. i looked around but im quite confused about the floating information that is available around the net.

Currently listenning: Number Girl -
GIRL IN MY BLOOD
benkai ringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.05, 09:16 AM   #2382
Jonny

Jonny puts considerable thought into their posts

자우림 - 행복(幸福)한 왕자(王子)

(Jaurim - somethingsomething(happiness)something somethingsomething(prince)

good stuff
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.05, 09:24 AM   #2383
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by benkai ringo View Post
^^ I havent heard either all of their productions and i'm thinking will there ever be a change for that, since their stuff is quite rare these days but neverthless those songs you just listed definitely goes to anyones top 3 if i say, skunk is absolutely marvelous. Yeah, i just ordered God yesteday even though i knew its release had already been...but now i finally get the real copy of it. Oh and thats true that JUDE really should be around.

Was just listenning Silvet last night. It always makes me feel good. something just so special about it...oh in randow glath do you happen to know..is there a pv collection from BJC available. Or have they even released such product.. i looked around but im quite confused about the floating information that is available around the net.

Currently listenning: Number Girl -
GIRL IN MY BLOOD
I haven't specifically tried to research the PV collections. The whole COLD MINK CLUB portfolio is very confusing about that - it's the type of thing you come across when you're not even looking for it. If Blankey Jet City has anything even remotely like a PV collection, it's some kind of hybrid/bundle with live clips too. They had some VHSes, at least one of which seemed like a PV collection, then during the late DVD releases, there were some additions or subtractions to the content, but the details on it are sketchy.

You can't find a Sherbets PV collection on its own. Their compilation (Siberian Madness) comes with an optional bonus DVD of only around 3 PVs. Miracle (a completely new album) came with an optional bonus DVD of at least a dozen PVs, only one of which was actually a song from the Miracle album! On the otherhand, JUDE's compilation (Shocking Black) came with an optional decent set of PVs. Neither of these two bands have PV collections you can buy separately, and none of the Blankey Jet City albums came with bonus DVDs.

So far with Asai Kenichi's solo career, you're only going to get PVs from limited versions of his singles, and the (now sold-out) limited version of his first album. He's really weird about his singles too.

Kiken Sugiru (also known as "It's Too Dangerous") came with 2 B-Sides, and no optional PVs.
WAY came with only one B-Side, but an optional limited release also included PVs for WAY and Kiken Sugiru.

Fixer came with 2 B-Sides, and no PVs.
Dark Cherry came with 1 B-Side, but an optional limited release PVs for Dark Cherry and Fixer.

You are just going to have to frantically snatch up anything he sells that includes a bonus DVD, because he'll rarely screw you by reselling you the same PVs on bonus DVDs for singles and albums. Most PVs you get on his bonus DVDs (from any of his bands) are going to be unique, plus he throws in the occasional bonus live clips.

Currently Listening To:
Asai Kenichi - Kimi No Naka De Tomei Ni Naritai
Old 2008.07.05, 12:45 PM   #2384
benkai ringo

benkai ringo pleased at least somebody

^^ yep..i was looking from there but as you said..the info is quite scattered. well i managed to find some BJC dvd release named clips with the catalog number UPBH1058.
and if i got the information right..it should include about 10 Pvs. Its availability from Cdjapan is as usual = out of print but HMV should have it as they declare on their site: For Order - usually sent within 2-3 days but could also be that they havent updated their stock. But thanks anyway for the information you had..really helped me alot specially on the matter of what releases include what and what not. Yep i'm definetly trying/ and been trying to get most of his releases on to my collection..since his releases always been enjoyable..does good music nonethless in which band he gets in...Ajico had its moments too well lets face it imo, Ua and Asai made a good team..pepin is a good example from that.

Currently listenning: Blankey jet City
-Romeo.
The version on johnny heaven is dam fine gem too.
Almost makes me nuts..since i cant figure out which is better.
If there is even such thing as better in art. But enough of my mumbles.

Last edited by benkai ringo : 2008.07.05 at 12:49 PM.
benkai ringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.05, 01:07 PM   #2385
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

The Last Shadow Puppets - Standing Next to Me (Live)
Old 2008.07.05, 01:16 PM   #2386
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Inaudible-Whisper View Post
!!! I love that song!!! I like that arrangement a lot. Have you seen their live acoustic sessions?
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.05, 01:33 PM   #2387
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Nope, this is the first time I've seen live footage (I was watching the show without even realising they were on). I'm going to see them at Leeds Festival, so I was happy to stay a live virgin until then
Old 2008.07.05, 02:08 PM   #2388
HEDOfloe

You should watch it, it's awesome. It's just the two guys in a studio, playing an acoustic and an electric guitar and their vocals. They switch instruments when they switch their role in the song. You can watch it here:

http://www.theageoftheunderstatement.com/

They performed 6 songs. Oh and if you watch them, can you tell me what the hell it is that Miles says before the song starts in "The Chamber"? I can't figure it out.
Old 2008.07.05, 02:26 PM   #2389
Inaudible-Whisper

"This ones called the Chamber, the first song we wrote together Miles"
"Yes it was. And I think it was the first one we were experimenting with, y'know, swapping the vocals"
"Yes, yes" *Both go on to sing the first line, 'Leave yourself alone'
"Yeah, here it is" *laughs*
"What?"
Ha. I believe this is the line you're stuck on? I honestly have no idea. Pea and Percy? lol... I don't know. I don't think it's something normal in an indecipherable accent, as I talk to people from Yorkshire/Sheffield all the time, so I'm guessing it's some kind of in joke.
Old 2008.07.05, 04:19 PM   #2390
HEDOfloe

^ Yea, I was able to get all of that. At least it's good to know that it's not worth trying to decipher it anymore . Miles seems to be really into that vocal swapping, I saw him mention it in the same spirit on another interview.