Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2009.07.29, 06:51 AM   #11
merman

merman is an asset to this community

Yeah, I thought Ur So Gay really showed a sense of humor. I Kissed A Girl was overplayed but I found it really catchy and actually enjoyed it (although the "bag girl" attitude was pretty blah and just screamed "I wanna be huuuuge")... never heard any of her other songs.
merman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.29, 07:30 AM   #12
mizer_unmei

mizer_unmei raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by fluffiethesock View Post
Also, was T,T in Rock Band or something?
No it was just the main song played in 1995 or so. They do have Zero, Siva and Today in Rock Band though.

Lady Gaga - Disco Heaven
ELO - Mr. Blue Sky
Every Little Thing - Future World
Public Enemy - Prophets of Rage

The thing is that I haven't really listened to many other songs by these artists, just the ones I have were not good for my ears. But I'm sure I'd become at least a semi-fan if I thoroughly scoured their discography.

And on the Katy Perry subject, I actually REALLY liked "I Kissed a Girl" -- her banshee sound + pounding beats was really pretty to me. But the subject matter of omg girlsgonewild really puts me off her music. But I'm sure I'd really like her album if I did pick it up.

last.fm
mizer_unmei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.29, 07:42 AM   #13
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Don't let Billy Corgan stop you from looking into Smashing Pumpkins (or Zwan) further. I mean, you already listen to one weird, overblown, screechy voiced singer right? =p

I don't quite subscribe to the extreme notion that I like songs from artists I dislike. I just see it like theres a song I really like from someone whose other songs aren't as good or I'm not arsed enough to look up anything more.

I can't say I'm Katy Perry's biggest fan either, but I've liked both songs I've heard. I'm a big fan of "Low" by Flo Rida & T-Pain.
Old 2009.07.30, 05:33 AM   #14
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

tomiko van - senkou, farewell
I like DAI, but I hate her solo work, she sings so emotionless (remind me a brazilian singer called Sandy)
but I really love these 2 songs

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.02, 05:23 PM   #15
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Crazy in Love - Beyonce (this song is the ULTIMATE get drunk and make an ass out of yourself song. plus the cute chubby little japanese comedian who mimics Beyonce made me love it even more).

I don't have any artist who I outright dislike with a song I digg. Usually my personal opinion of an artist influences how I receive their work. You gotta release something worthwhile to grab my attention and get my fandom, but when I'm in I like to try and stay along for the ride.

Mercy - Duffy. oh, and while I *am* a fan of hers, I haven't managed to really discover her music or get a hold of it yet. As of right now, I just casually love the song.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.02, 08:18 PM   #16
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
Mercy - Duffy. oh, and while I *am* a fan of hers, I haven't managed to really discover her music or get a hold of it yet. As of right now, I just casually love the song.
Hahah, I love Duffy. Thanks for reminding me of her, neko... I had actually forgotten that I bought her album. Normally I would have no interest in that style, but she does it really well (whatever it's considered).
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.02, 08:53 PM   #17
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts

ROFLLLLLLLLLLLLLL I loved the Sandy x Tomiko Van XDDD

Pink - Funhouse

Yoeko Kurahashi?
Yahiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.03, 10:03 PM   #18
s3r3nity

s3r3nity is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by Cosmo! View Post
3OH!3: Don't Trust Me (because I like dirty mistrustful hos)
I tried listening to some of their other stuff and it's so obnoxious. But this damn song is just so catchy. And the Helen Keller part makes me laugh every time.

Also

Buzz Style - Hitomi Yaida
I listened to it a loooong time ago and really liked it, so when I found some other Hitomi Yaida stuff I was really excited. But holy crap, I really can't stand her voice or her melodies.
Old 2009.08.04, 04:24 AM   #19
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by s3r3nity View Post
when I found some other Hitomi Yaida stuff I was really excited. But holy crap, I really can't stand her voice or her melodies.
I hate her excessive happiness X_X
but I like that song she has in Ouendan
"through the distance" or something like that

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.04, 06:30 PM   #20
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

welcome to the "songs you like by (rubbish) mainstream artists" thread!

exception: MGMT, i adore Electric Feel!