Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2012.02.29, 01:10 AM   #941
kanzaki

kanzaki pleased at least somebody

I'm in hall 2. I hope we don't spend the next 3 hours watching the concert from this angle...
kanzaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.02.29, 03:41 AM   #942
gekokujyo

gekokujyo knows what you did last summergekokujyo knows what you did last summer

what, an epic show. it's a pity they didn't play yume no ato as a closer (that or they cut off the streaming early), but that rendition of matabaki seishun was breath taking, I almost wish that had been a closer. reeling from the show. more notes when I get home

Edit:

it appears that they didn't perform yume no ato in earlier shows after all - not sure why I was under the impression that they did.

other note worthy moments - ice cream no uta performed by 4 guys without ringo; zettai zetsumei was done without the band, dance beat style with a whole choreography; omatsuri sawagi was the expo rendition; toumei ningen intro was closer to the dynamite version (ie no cheesy bass intro); both chiaki songs were superbly done; izawa looked like a drag queen during Kai horror dust

Last edited by gekokujyo : 2012.02.29 at 04:28 AM.
gekokujyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.02.29, 03:53 AM   #943
kanzaki

Great Show!

Also, I was blown away by the quality of the live stream! Amazing video quality and top-notch editing!

Last edited by kanzaki : 2012.02.29 at 03:58 AM.
Old 2012.02.29, 04:10 AM   #944
rainmountain

rainmountain pleased at least somebody

First time watching concert in a cinema. Great visuals. I love the transition from Tengoku to Time Capsule. Sayonara TJ! I wished they had sell the flags here...
rainmountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.02.29, 04:16 AM   #945
gekokujyo

gekokujyo knows what you did last summergekokujyo knows what you did last summer

god I moved and sang my lungs out but the whole cinema was stiff like corpses.
Old 2012.02.29, 04:39 AM   #946
rainmountain

rainmountain pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by gekokujyo View Post
zettai zetsumei was done without the band, dance beat style with a whole choreography
And with the disco ball... Ringo X Perfume collab may really happen
rainmountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.02.29, 05:26 AM   #947
W3iHong

W3iHong is an asset to this community

FUCKING LOVED IT.

Spam of random thoughts for now. Need to gather my wits for a detailed description if anyone might care for.

The first few songs were alright with a few mistakes here and there. Ringo was breathless at time(the arm swinging section where she missed the lyrics for one or two words in atarashii) Kameda was sweating like a pig which was evident during the the third song OSCA bass solo. But it was funny when he matched the sound to wiping the back of his head! All of the members gave their very best, WELL DONE!

Izawa was wearing high heel boots, the purple fluffy feather rope thingy and a black coat during kai horror dust. Was pretty funny. No cheer from the cinema.

Hata sang well despite having problems with his earpiece. No cheer from the cinema.

Sa-i-ta was ok. No cheer from the cinema.

But the crowd cheered the loudest for Konya wa Karasawagi.

Zettai zetsumei was awkward... The modern dance beat clashed harshly with the classical instrument that was too smooth (legato).

The band left the stage several times. It was a bit like a boner killer. It is like "wuuut...is this really over?" That suspense is just KILLING. But I was determined, in my head I said with much gusto, "I WILL NOT LEAVE UNTIL TOUMEI NINGEN IS PLAYED." Surprise surprise. It was the last song!

Those who went in Singapore, I wished we could have met... I was wearing a very finely checkered blue shirt with sleeves rolled up and a pair of khaki cotton pants and a dark blue sling bag. That's me!

The cinema was pretty dead except for some loud wailers. There were many Japanese people, perhaps expats or those who were working outside Japan... There were also a variety of people, from the teenagers to the 50-something white-shirt workers.

I was pretty stumped when they all cheered for senkou shoujo...

NOBODY CHEERED FOR THE OTHER MEMBERS DURING THE CARNATION INSTRUMENTAL. I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO CHEERED FOR HATA, IT WAS PRETTY AWKWARD. The crowd roared for Ringo!

The 4 dancers and the orchestra made it look like the TOKYO JIHEN EXPO 2012.

Tengoku youkosou was EXCELLENT PERFECT. Saito Neko's orchestra brought to a standard worthy to be played in a James Bond movie... Wait... It did sound too similar to the James Bond theme...

There were 3 different flags. A woman two rows infront of me had the blue flag! The only flag waved in the cinema! I assume that she went for one of the earlier concert.

Ringo booty shot: 1
Ringo crotch shot: 1

The video quality was aweeesome. Lest for some heavy artefacts when the extremely bright lights shone at the cameras. Overall, a totally great experience!

YOU BOW TO NO ONE, RINGO. YOU BOW TO NONE. YOU ACHIEVED GREATNESS.

Btw, could we have a domestique bon voyage thread on the official release thing...? And I cannot find the line-up of songs for it. Does anyone have it?

Last edited by W3iHong : 2012.02.29 at 07:32 AM.
W3iHong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.02.29, 05:51 AM   #948
kanzaki

I was shocked that Ringo needed to use the teleprompter (?) for MaruSadi. I guess even she is bored with that song by now.
Old 2012.02.29, 05:55 AM   #949
W3iHong

W3iHong is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by kanzaki View Post
I was shocked that Ringo needed to use the teleprompter (?) for MaruSadi. I guess even she is bored with that song by now.
Telepromoter? I don't understand? Oh shit, I can't remember what Manouchi sadistic was like...
W3iHong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.02.29, 06:14 AM   #950
gekokujyo

oh yes, tengoku was really quite a stand out. as was ikiru. i was having major shudders when she did it - and her range didn't go slightly overboard like she did in ultra c. their rendition of sora ga was a lot better this time round, which makes up for my semi-disappointment from their discovery performance.

i will concur that hata's song was a lot more gripping live, when sa_i_ta was pretty boring in contrast.

favourite outfit of the night? - the pink afro.