Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2008.05.08, 03:31 AM   #41
MBF

MBF has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by Inaudible-Whisper View Post
Who on earth loses respect for somebody because their opinion on a song differs?
Rhetorical

I wasn't referring to his personality, but to his opinions towards music.
Old 2008.05.08, 04:58 AM   #42
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
it is worth noting as well that in the e-mail the news guy made a reference to the song fukurandekichatta, which means "its swollen", as a reference to the two disc set but maybe also as insight to the fact that it will be included in the set. maybe she will rerecord it since it is live if it is in fact included?
I hope she re-recorded that song! I just love it (and I seem to be the only one who does LOL)!
Old 2008.05.08, 05:15 AM   #43
Cosmo!

Cosmo! is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
I hope she re-recorded that song! I just love it (and I seem to be the only one who does LOL)!
I like it, too.

ZCS angers me sometimes. Well, I mean, anyone would be angered by headaches and the possibility of angry runs, right? I had to stop listening to a good 60% of it because it was apparent that its (intentionally) shitty proqual and I would never be BFF.

That second disc is really good, though. I just hope Ringo's over this whole "soccer mom/housewife/Sunday school teacher with a bowl cut hairdo and a really cute turtleneck sweater Talbots had marked down by 40% (because it came in solid black and the average Talbots customer likes a little kitty or a sunflower or a rainbow on her turtleneck and it just wasn't selling) who steals glimpses of the neighbor's steamy gardener while vacuuming and washing the dishes and darning her husband's socks until it's time to pick up the kids from school and drive them to soccer practice, which has become the pinnacle of her day" phase.

Bring it back home, Ringo! You need to rock out with your you-know-what out (and by "you-know-what" I mean signed documentation promising us that Uki and Neko are no more)!

Last edited by Cosmo! : 2008.05.08 at 05:17 PM. Reason: OCD
Old 2008.05.08, 09:28 AM   #44
ChickShhh

ChickShhh puts considerable thought into their posts

Fuck it I will go in November, if i can get the ticket(s)
Old 2008.05.08, 10:43 AM   #45
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by cjhobbies00 View Post
Wait a minute now! You think both versions are crap? You don't even like the song? Wow, I won't go as far as to say you've lost my respect...

I liked the original Gamble, I don't think the new version is necessarily better than the old one. The old one was so rough that it had a certain charm to it.
It's the main guitar line in the song that kills it for me. The ZCS version is grating on the ears and I don't like the chorus in this version either. The HF version has better instrumentation in the chorus, but the main guitar line is just as bad sounding. It's not the piercing highs like the ZCS version, but it is the terrible Uki tone.
Old 2008.05.08, 11:14 AM   #46
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
It's the main guitar line in the song that kills it for me. The ZCS version is grating on the ears and I don't like the chorus in this version either. The HF version has better instrumentation in the chorus, but the main guitar line is just as bad sounding. It's not the piercing highs like the ZCS version, but it is the terrible Uki tone.

Well, I can't blame you if something in a song rubs you the wrong way.
And I know all about that Uki factor...

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.
http://www.last.fm/user/cjhobbies00
Old 2008.05.08, 12:41 PM   #47
waxringo

waxringo has had more than 15 seconds of fame

awe....i'm so excited about this release. It would be lovely to have all of her PVs together and the singles compile w a coupling. this could be very interesting. you never know...
Old 2008.05.08, 01:45 PM   #48
natsume

natsume is an asset to this community

The release date is exactly a week before a somewhat major (I will be....very old) birthday for me, so I can't see how I won't buy both for myself.

I think I will probably be at least happy with them, even if these collections don't blow me out of the water. I only have a boot of a boot of some of the vids, so getting ahold of them in hopefully fresh clean versions is welcome, and what singles I have are also kind of crappy MP3s. I made a mixed CD for friends using largely b-sides, the Dear Yuming track, etc. It will be interesting to see how what this is differs from what I made. Personally, I hope these are heavily leaning on non-a tracks. Hmmm, is the "last" Shiina solo PV Kono yo no kagiri?

I really hope she does a few more shows. If she is putting together a band and rehearsing for three shows, why not do 10 shows? Why not hit up Osaka, Fukuoka, Tokyo proper, Nagoya even? It would take the pressure off the craziness of praying for an even halfway decent seat at one of these shows. (Of course, Nagoya is selfish hope on my part, as it is about an hour away from me.)
Old 2008.05.08, 06:07 PM   #49
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

they noted it is at saitama super arena

im not sure if it is going to be a 3 day live or 3 days in a row of the same thing. it would be cool if it was a 3 day live (just think, a MM day, SS day, KSK/HF day). Maybe she will do themes, day with rock, day with orchestra, day with solo at piano. Who knows?

and as a general note the responses here have been fairly amusing, people writing posts craving for an anniversary release and now that there has been news of one the same olds have acted in quite predictable ways, just another new release as an excuse to be a negative trash talker. some people here talk so big like they know so much about music it is kind of sad.
Old 2008.05.08, 07:32 PM   #50
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts

rofl I don't like to be negative.. I just think what she did to Gamble in HF was unfair to such a great tune!

Yoeko Kurahashi?
Closed Thread