Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2007.07.30, 11:25 AM   #81
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer
Default moved from "Killer Tune thread"

I love the new Jihen direction. Shiina is really showing the well has plenty of juice left!

Now that the audio is clearer,the chorus sounds even better! It sounds like a siren singing her song. The guitar solo is inspired and is a clear consequence like a rainbow following a spring shower. I whole heartedly redact my statement that its as incongruent as a meal of fine pate and bisk followed by a desert of Oreos and diet Mountain Dew.

The second verse is even better when all the instruments seem to disregard any form of "song structure" and just seemingly begin playing random notes! Jihen has transcended, its official.

I am literaly shaking, about to blow - Chernobyl-style in anticipation for Variety. But you know what? I don't even need to hear it. Its already a musical masterpiece. It will certainly re-affirm my original conclusion that Shiina was a musical beacon of awesome. The musical history books wiill have a hard time filling in the chapter that separates Beethoven from Tokyo Jihen '07. It was a bit of a dark age, you know.

Last edited by Tokyo Jihad : 2007.07.30 at 11:28 AM.
Tokyo Jihad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.07.30, 11:43 AM   #82
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

You jerk, go home! Bad Jihad! BAD!

fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.07.30, 11:47 AM   #83
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Hey, I'm the one in mourning >=|
Old 2007.07.30, 12:38 PM   #84
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

LOVE IT (even more).
Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.07.30, 12:44 PM   #85
Milton_Parker

Milton_Parker pleased at least somebody

I love it

just got a feeling, third album's the charm
Milton_Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.07.30, 12:57 PM   #86
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

It's too bad YouTube re-encodes everything that's uploaded to them, even if you provide your video in the exact same format/bitrate/resolution that they ultimately want. The best you can do is send them an uncompressed video that doesn't go over 100MB (yeah right - DV takes up 30MB per second) so that when they change the video, it's not an actual transcode. Google Video re-encodes everything too, but they don't have the silly filesize limit. My coworkers and I were hoping that when YouTube got bought out, that Google would do away with the limitations and make it more like Google Video, but alas, they didn't want to throw away a "winning formula".

I can hardly wait for this TV rip (in its nontranscoded form) to reach JPopSuki.

In the meantime, what I'm more intrigued about than Variety, is a DVD release of their upcoming tour. Phase 1 had to go through the (sometimes) ridiculous amount of cinematography and off-stage shoots in their first concert video, then their second concert video was a straight "What you see is what you get" release. I'm hoping that's what we'll get late this year or early next year, even if on stage Ukigumo is a wooden doll who wishes he was a real boy...
Old 2007.07.30, 02:52 PM   #87
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

I thought it was the bad encoding of the original, tiny version, but she really looks like a different person.
ShadyNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.07.30, 04:37 PM   #88
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

Finally a reason for me not to cancel my preorder of Variety.
Good song and gives me hope for Album, Who said Shiina was overexposed here? I didn't really notice a difference from other videos, the guys got plenty of screen time.

I do wish Shiina would start dressing up again for her videos.
cjhobbies00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.07.30, 06:27 PM   #89
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

based on what he's offered already, Izawa really belongs in this band. Way more than HZM.
ShadyNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.07.30, 06:44 PM   #90
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

I agree, ShadyNook.
The question that remains unanswered though, is if Tokyo Jihen gained more with Izawa than they lost with Hirama.

Only time will tell.

After getting to hear a higher quality version (not from YouTube) of the PV, I actually have nothing bad to say about all of Ukigumo's nonsolo contributions throughout the song. I'm still undecided about the solo.