Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2007.10.08, 12:03 PM   #391
ophy

ophy pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by zach View Post

The sad thing about that song is I think (at the risk of blasphemy) it would be better if Tommy heavenly6 did it.
I'm kindof feeling that too. =/

blahhhghh. Tommy. u_u
Old 2007.10.08, 02:39 PM   #392
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
You guys are driving me nuts using the English names.
Took the words right out of my mouth . It's funny how there was a huge debate about which language to use for album titles but all of the sudden many people were using the English titles in their reviews. Ironic, how most of us don't speak Japanese but prefer the Japanese titles
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.08, 03:58 PM   #393
Jesse

Jesse has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by Hedofloe View Post
Took the words right out of my mouth . It's funny how there was a huge debate about which language to use for album titles but all of the sudden many people were using the English titles in their reviews. Ironic, how most of us don't speak Japanese but prefer the Japanese titles
It's a different story. The tracks can be called either by their Japanese or English names (I would much prefer it if everyone would just stick to the Japanese).
Where as the kanji 'Goroku' is supposed to be pronounced 'Variety' in both languages (well 'barietii' in Japanese anyway). It's not two separate Japanese and English titles.
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.08, 04:00 PM   #394
HEDOfloe

Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
It's a different story. The tracks can be called either by their Japanese or English names (I would much prefer it if everyone would just stick to the Japanese).
Where as the kanji 'Goroku' is supposed to be pronounced 'Variety' in both languages (well 'barietii' in Japanese anyway). It's not two separate Japanese and English titles.
Ah, yes, good point. (I would also much prefer it if everyone would just stick to the Japanese titles)
Old 2007.10.08, 08:54 PM   #395
zach

zach has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I used those particular titles (the sub-optimal translations no less) for humor value. I have a very dry sense of humor, so I understand if you don't find it funny. I suppose I should have realized that SR fans tend to be anal. My mistake.

Don't know Japanese, but sing along anyway
my mp3 list
zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.08, 08:59 PM   #396
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

What the devil?
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.08, 09:02 PM   #397
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Seeing how much of a joke this album is, I prefer to refer to the tracks using the nonsensical English titles.
Old 2007.10.08, 10:04 PM   #398
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Hoho, "a joke." I may have referred to the album as a "joke" at one point toward the beginning of my "Variety experience," but now I have begun to fully appreciate its mastery.

Yes yes, I'm bragging because I've "evolved" past the level of you lower beings.

Not really, but that's what it's probably going to sound like I'm saying. I liked the album a little bit at first, but now it's really growing on me. Just like Adult. I still like Adult more than Variety, but Variety is becoming comfortable. I'm beginning to appreciate the sounds of the album much more than I did at first. I don't quite see how people can call the album / the songs on it shallow, except maybe if they don't listen to it much. But whatevs, if you don't listen to it, you won't like it. And vice versa.
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.08, 10:07 PM   #399
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by zach View Post
I used those particular titles (the sub-optimal translations no less) for humor value. I have a very dry sense of humor, so I understand if you don't find it funny. I suppose I should have realized that SR fans tend to be anal. My mistake.
lol

Dude, you're playing my song. Ringo has a dry sense of humor too. I'm sure she doesnt care if you call it variety or 娯楽 or entertainments (its in the booklet) or amusement. She's cool like that. She likes to play with words and meanings, you should do it too.
ShadyNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.09, 03:41 AM   #400
HEDOfloe

Originally Posted by fluffiethesock View Post
Not really, but that's what it's probably going to sound like I'm saying. I liked the album a little bit at first, but now it's really growing on me. Just like Adult. I still like Adult more than Variety, but Variety is becoming comfortable. I'm beginning to appreciate the sounds of the album much more than I did at first. I don't quite see how people can call the album / the songs on it shallow, except maybe if they don't listen to it much. But whatevs, if you don't listen to it, you won't like it. And vice versa.
When did you get the album? It's been out for like 2 weeks and now is when you are beginning to appreciate it?