Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2014.10.15, 03:19 PM   #181
Inseu

Inseu has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Need reward now!!!

Sputnik is a lol site.
Inseu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.10.15, 03:59 PM   #182
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

*cough* Ringo has been commercial her entire career except KZK *cough*

(not a bad thing, but the truth).
Old 2014.10.15, 07:28 PM   #183
mrnarse

mrnarse puts considerable thought into their posts

mrnarse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.10.15, 08:08 PM   #184
thespidereggs

thespidereggs is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
*cough* Ringo has been commercial her entire career except KZK *cough*

(not a bad thing, but the truth).
Yah, there's no denying she's straddled the line between art/commercial her entire career. But at this point the dichotomy between Ringo as a "serious" musician (Soil & Pimp collabs, Between Today and Tomorrow etc.) and "pop" singer (HIT) seems to be growing larger and larger, while earlier albums like SS and even SG reconciled the two better. I think I was more saying that the commercial aspect has to come to overshadow everything else.

What's the use putting up a fuss though? I'm just happy she's still making music, even if the results can be half-baked. A lot of people are sick of the complaints, but it's hard not to have high expectations for someone who's set a high standard for herself throughout her career.

Also, that cover - gorgeous.
thespidereggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.10.15, 08:21 PM   #185
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Well, to be honest, we haven't heard the whole thing yet (though I doubt it will make much difference) but there's a solid amount of 'serious' tracks (Ariamaru, Carnation, Iro.., perhaps even the new single despite it's Jihen-ness) already if you ask me, and we know Ima can be put under that category.

Actually, I find the song lineup barely suitable for its cover- there's only NIPPON, Kodoku and Jiyuu that I'd place on a cover/theme like that. Nope, this isn't really about Ringo being commercial or not- it's her just showing that she might not really give a fuck anymore (and I mean this in a non-complaining way. She obviously is happy with her life at the moment and unfortunately for us listeners, her music is no doubt secondary).

Still. Despite my complaints and jokes, I've still ordered it. I'll still play it a lot and I'll still order her next album even if I hate this one (which is highly doubtful- I managed to enjoy Variety, that pretty much means I can enjoy anything she puts out :-p).

Though, if she does make an album 6, it better "feel" like something new- a maximum of 4 tracks we already know.
Old 2014.10.15, 08:56 PM   #186
mrnarse

Here are the posters you'll receive if you're able to preorder the magazine off of the SWITCH website. My preorder, which was before the 11th of this month, would have received both posters with the issue. My order was cancelled by them, probably because I didn't use a Japanese credit card. If you do have a Japanese card, you can still get both posters by ordering 2 copies of the issue.

Old 2014.10.16, 12:00 AM   #187
bentanhankun

bentanhankun has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by mrnarse View Post
Here are the posters you'll receive if you're able to preorder the magazine off of the SWITCH website. My preorder, which was before the 11th of this month, would have received both posters with the issue. My order was cancelled by them, probably because I didn't use a Japanese credit card. If you do have a Japanese card, you can still get both posters by ordering 2 copies of the issue.

I ordered the B poster, without using a Japanese card. Hopefully it'll work, I only happened to read your post after making the damn payment.
bentanhankun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.10.16, 12:04 AM   #188
mrnarse

Originally Posted by bentanhankun View Post
I ordered the B poster, without using a Japanese card. Hopefully it'll work, I only happened to read your post after making the damn payment.
Hopefully it works for you. It could be possible that there was another issue with my order that led to the cancellation, like incorrectly putting in the address of my mailbox forwarding service. I contacted them about it, but haven't received a response. I placed another order myself, hoping it goes through this time.
Old 2014.10.16, 08:39 PM   #189
deadgrandma

I changed the magazine from Amazon to HMV, where they are offering the poster. (I also changed it so I can bundle with the new Charisma.com 7 inch vinyl - an exclusive to HMV).
Old 2014.10.17, 03:50 AM   #190
mrnarse

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
I changed the magazine from Amazon to HMV, where they are offering the poster. (I also changed it so I can bundle with the new Charisma.com 7 inch vinyl - an exclusive to HMV).
I can't seem to find anywhere on the HMV listing where it states that a poster is included. Any idea where I could find that info?

There's also some kind of text message conversation between Shiina and Utada Hikaru that'll be in the magazine.

Edit: I see the Novelty icon in the search result listing for the magazine, but no further details than that. Looks like she's gonna be on Music Station next week.

Last edited by mrnarse : 2014.10.17 at 03:59 AM.