Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2010.01.16, 03:08 PM   #251
BanFan

BanFan is an asset to this community

I love "Sake to Geko", and I don't do any drugs.

I'm somewhat interested in the last T-shirt, but I'll wait for your separate thread before asking any questions.
Old 2010.01.16, 03:20 PM   #252
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
(exposed mid-driffs on men = fail)
Not according to Square Enix.
Old 2010.01.16, 03:40 PM   #253
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

marijuana isn't a drug and the entirety of square enix IS fail

the last shirt is really awesome, I wanted to buy another one in the right size, but I figured I'd just get new stuff instead. the measurements are on the store if your interested. Also, all her shirts are usually 3000 yen but this one was 4500 yen, its a bit higher quality. I don't have a price in mind because I was just going to toss them then decided I might as well see if someone here was interested. I'll start a thread for them probably next wednesday-ish, when I'm back in boston and have access to them all.

I am pretty sure the reason why its sake to geko is because izawa is a light weight and actually sat down and wrote the main melody while drunk. it has that flowing quality that can only come from someone who is drunk or on a higher plane.

Last edited by kuro_neko : 2010.01.16 at 03:44 PM.
Old 2010.01.16, 04:10 PM   #254
BanFan

BanFan is an asset to this community

I checked the store sizes, did tape measurements, and it's close enough to my usual size that I'm still interested.
Old 2010.01.16, 04:43 PM   #255
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by BanFan View Post
I checked the store sizes, did tape measurements, and it's close enough to my usual size that I'm still interested.
well I'll keep in mind that you were the first to mention it, this is a first speak first priority type thing, so as of now since you've mentioned your interested I'll keep you in mind when I make the new thread. nothing pisses me off more than people who sell things and just take whoever is the first email they see.
Old 2010.01.16, 05:25 PM   #256
mizer_unmei

mizer_unmei raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
marijuana isn't a drug
Is too.

Sake to Geko was the first song that stood out to me the first time I was listening to Variety and needed to go back and play it again. It's really a fantastic song, and I found that out without being under the influence of anything.

And I don't get the Fukushuu hate. It's not really much more dramatic than STEM or Kabuki or whatnot. And I think the powerful indifference in Ringo's voice tied with the instrumentation makes it a fantastically powerful song. <3

But then I am one of the only people here who actually likes Variety. I seriously don't understand how every time a Variety song is mentioned there's this massive hate parade.

On the subject of the album, I've recently been allllllllllllllllllllll over Gaman. Whenever I find I love a non-Ringo TJ song it seems to be Izawa, so <3 for him. First he wrote Kingyo no Hako and now this one. And this song is perfection and if the album is anything like this song I've got mad high hopes for it.

last.fm

Last edited by mizer_unmei : 2010.01.16 at 05:29 PM.
Old 2010.01.16, 05:32 PM   #257
the fox

the fox has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Mizer you're practically reading my thoughts with that last post. What are you doing in my head?

That song is basically rocking my world right now. Looking forward to this album more and more all the time.
Old 2010.01.16, 05:52 PM   #258
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I'm also an Izawa fan. I think he creates more 'interesting' music than any of the TJ members in either Phase 1 or Phase 2. I loved Gaman from the get-go, and frankly I'm surprised that it wasn't received as warmly as 3min. He has that circus/drunken style which can get annoying but he can do other stuff too.

There's some serious potential in him joint-composing with Shiina for Sweet Spot and 'extremities', whatever the JP name for that is.

I'll forget SSAW ever existed.
Old 2010.01.16, 05:59 PM   #259
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

SSAW is beautiful. SSAW S&T = <3
Old 2010.01.17, 04:59 AM   #260
lazer85

lazer85 puts considerable thought into their posts

Actually I'd like to reformulate my stance on Variety right now:

no hate for sake to geko, not really in love though. Sounds like an Adult b-side....which makes me like it more than the rest of the album. . no hate for kingyou either, and no hate for kurnekodou I really really love when she says 'NIIIIIIIN' at around 43 seconds, I crack up. Mirrorball is ok I guess

Things that ruined Variety:
1 it opened up like shit, and it ended like shit.....the song order was TERRIBLE. And the songs had NO flow at all, no consideration to the flow of moods and sounds. They didnt sound like they belonged on the same album either.
2 I know I'm going to piss off a lot of people but....OSCA. It wasnt AWEFUL but for a single.....? It isn't unusual for someone to pick a lower quality song as a single cause its catchy but this wasnt even that catchy. Killer tune was a good single choice
3 Fukushuu - it was just soooo bad I couldnt beleive it. When on an album with SSAW and Metro shiseikatsu and OSCA it was like OMG RINGO IS OVER!

Finally looking back retrospectively, Vartiety could have been a great album....half of the songs belonged on a album that was on par with previous releases.

If the album had be presented differently with some of the b-sides and other songs (cough cough kaban no nakami....senkou shojou), on it instead of 3 or 4 songs and had a different order and senkou shojou and OSCA had switched places, I think I would have dug it actually.

Which MEANS, that depending on artistic choices outside of the music, this could be a really good album.....3pun isnt a bad start....better than OSCA and this other song sounds OK, probably the same level as the 6 variety era tracks I like.

BUT, between the sports theme and the ad campeign (as bad ass as the ads are, I hate musicians I like showing up in advertisements and if they do, I'd prefer if it was after I bought the album and made my impressions) I'm holding back my excitement until I know.

I think as long as I continue to accept that Ringo and Jihen as good musicians who make good music and realize they are done blowing my mind, things will be ok and I can enjoy everything.

EDIT: and I'm so happpppppy people get what I mean with fukushuu and Superstar. If you love any ringo song its understandable to me, I hate superstar but even that is a matter of opinion....every song is a matter of opinion EXCEPT fukushuu, that song undeniably sucks and if you think not, I'm sorry.....everyone is wrong sometimes.....its your turn, you are wrong.

Last edited by lazer85 : 2010.01.17 at 05:03 AM.
Closed Thread