Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2008.10.13, 05:53 AM   #51
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by TeslaGuy View Post
Tower or HMV may still have new copies in stock. BOOK*OFF and Disk Union probably have used copies. BOOK*OFF here in NYC always has a couple.
I've been to Book Off in Hirakatashi, Kyoto and Akihabara. None of them had it. I did, however, get to pick up Blankey Jet City's Bang! album.
Old 2009.02.04, 12:35 AM   #52
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Why do we have it spelled 'Zecchoushuu' here when it's spelled 'ze-chyou syuu' on the actual box, is their romaji wrong?
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.02.04, 12:47 AM   #53
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

because zecchoushuu is the correct way to spell the actual Japanese, if you type in zecchoushuu out the correct characters will pop up.

ringo has been known to screw around with the type of her songs and especially her name. over the many years we have had at least 5 variations of her name alone

also, it is the same reason why you see people call use the term Shinjuku but will find Sinjuku on some signs in Tokyo (si sound doesn't even exist in japanese, the character that should be the "si" is pronounced as "shi").

at any rate you should just ignore the romaji that ringo gives for her songs and either go by the official japanese characters or the appropriate romaji.

btw, have you SEEN the track listing for this single anyways? Some of the tracks like so cold are given random strings of characters and katakana for titles so nuff' said
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.02.04, 06:41 PM   #54
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Because there's like a million different ways to romanize, and actually if you type in "ze-chyousyuu" you'll get the proper Japanese characters too (although you have to remember to replace the hyphen with an extra "c"). They're equally valid, just different schools.

BONUS MINI JAPANESE LESSON:
Sounds like chu/chyu and shu/syu are contractions made when you put two syllables together, chi + yu and shi + yu, so that's why you often see syu and chyu when they're combined, because technically that reflects the 'yu' in there, even though it is not an actual y sound, but rather an h sound. So shu and chu are easier to understand and pronounce for non-Japanese speakers, and in my opinion they look better aesthetically.
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.01.16, 02:05 PM   #55
KronKyrios

KronKyrios pleased at least somebody
Default Date of Recording

I know this was listed to have been released in 2000, but I could have sworn I read somewhere that these was actually recorded in 1997 or 1998, but I can't find that mention anywhere. Can someone please confirm or deny this?

Thank you.

I have always put this collection at the front of my singles list because it seems to fit better up there. It sounds like her first singles/songs for MM would have come after this. It does not sound like this is any kind of transitional work between SS and UM/KZK.

Image Courtesy of MBF
KronKyrios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.01.16, 10:00 PM   #56
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts

Gyakutai Glicogen was recorded in 2000 during Gekokujou Xstasy tour...
Hatsuiku Status was recorded in 2000 during Gokiritsu Japon tour...
Tensai Prepaerat was due to be a live recording from 1999 tour "Manabiya Xstasy" too, but for some reason it had to be studio recorded, so I don't believe it was recorded before 1999...

Yoeko Kurahashi?
Yahiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.01.17, 09:07 AM   #57
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Yeah, its all SS-era stuff. The Haitsuku Status is definitely 2000 or whenever. It certainly was not recorded before MM, but the disc 1 stuff was probably written around that time. I'm pretty sure Gamble was in that same set of MM demos (along with some SS songs).

I wouldn't think of ZCS as a transitional work at all. Think of it more as extra burn-off from SS.
Old 2011.01.19, 04:24 PM   #58
KronKyrios

KronKyrios pleased at least somebody

Thanks, guys!

Image Courtesy of MBF
KronKyrios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.06.09, 08:14 PM   #59
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

It's weird reading how much trouble people had getting this. I guess if you want it brand new then fair enough. Though I got mine on ebay for $7 US in near mint condition.

Silly little gimmicky discs though.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2011.06.09 at 08:18 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote