Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2009.07.02, 02:25 PM   #21
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Very nice! Thanks very much Wiki is back to normal. You can view the history of a page, and they're usually back to normal within minutes. There'll be a group of people constantly watching updates and changes and correcting them.

I always end up in a Wikipedia rabbit hole, especially with The Beatles because literally almost every single song has a large wikipedia page and a story behind it and it's usually always interesting to read. I'll end up looking up an album and I'll have every songs wiki page up in a tab and of course each song page will have me open links to other stuff. A few hours later and I'll wonder where my night has gone.
Old 2009.07.02, 02:37 PM   #22
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Ooooooooooh, interesting. Thanks, Hedo!
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.14, 04:42 AM   #23
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

You can stream 30 second samples of Revolver Remastered here (where it says "Listen for free" to the right). Obviously the streaming quality will be incomparable to the CD but I'm liking what I hear.
Old 2009.07.18, 05:27 PM   #24
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

ohhhh, i can't wait!!! i'm having a hard time judging from the streams and comparing to my rips, but i think i noticed a few upgrades.

i have a question regarding the let it be naked album. i had originally downloaded it but never really got around to listening to it until i ended up buying the actual CD. so, i was listening to my dad's ipod today and everything he has from the beatles was given to him by me. he still had the old mp3s of the naked album and it turns out they are actually different takes than the ones i got on the actual CD. they're not, in my opinion, better takes, some are more sluggish, though i enjoyed the fact that there were more off-the-cuff remarks during the songs, the usual wit. there was also an interesting vocal effect in the across the universe take.

so i was wondering, are there two different versions of this album? maybe like a UK, US, thing? or is this just the case of some guy putting up a torrent with takes he collected somewhere else and calling it the naked album?
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.18, 07:30 PM   #25
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

there shouldnt be any "off the cuff" remarks on the actual Naked album. However, it might be from the "fly on the wall" disc that came with the album, maybe? I never listened to the fly on the wall stuff as I already saw the movie and some other pieces of the recording footage, so I don't feel all that compelled to hear Paul instruct everyone how to play "She Came in through..." or whatever.

...or maybe its just the original Let it Be? I'd say that had a weird vocal "effect" on Across the Universe. Orr..perhaps its the Glyn Johns' Get Back version of the album. (though, fro what youre saying, I dont think it matches up iirc)
Old 2009.07.18, 09:27 PM   #26
HEDOfloe

yea, i doubt it's the first glyn johns version. but it's not fly on the wall. i've heard that, and they dont have full takes of songs. there's bits of them playing, like john playing "don't let me down" alone, probably still writing the song, and then chatting. i'm pretty sure fly on the wall is different from the let it be movie, i've seen that as well, though when a while ago.

but yea, i guess it was just someone's putting together of a "naked" version. i know there's the effect on across the universe, but there's a voice sort of echoing, which is higher pitch and almost incoherent, maybe it was john's voice but sped up. i think it was just him and the guitar, too. it might have been on the final version but probably drowned in all the other sounds.

i'll try to get it on my computer, though, and give it another listen and get back to you.
Old 2009.07.18, 09:36 PM   #27
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Definitely check out the real Naked, Hedo. Since I first heard it, I've found the original Let it Be nearly unlistenable. I do miss Maggie Mae though.
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.18, 09:55 PM   #28
HEDOfloe

i do have the real one. you may have missed it, but i said i bought the actual CD and that was the first time i heard it as well. i think there are parts where i prefer naked, but as a whole, i dig the original. mainly because most of the takes are better or sound better in the original version though i do like having some of the bells and whistles taken off in the naked one. i can't believe they didn't add "dont let me down" to the final cut. that is one of my all-time favorite beatles' songs. probably top 5.
Old 2009.07.19, 03:59 AM   #29
Inaudible-Whisper

Does it have birds singing at the start? It may be the version from Past Masters 2 which has high pitched singing during the chorus (2 female fans). It could be from anywhere I guess, there are hundreds of Beatle bootlegs a lot of which from the Get Back sessions/era.

I mostly prefer ...naked but my favourite version of Across The Universe is the one on the original. Actually I prefer the cleaner sound on naked, but I prefer the tempo of the original.
Old 2009.07.19, 02:21 PM   #30
Osiris12345

Osiris12345 deserves a fucking medal

I'm the only person in the universe who prefers Let It Be to Naked.