Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2008.05.26, 06:52 AM   #1
TeslaGuy
apathy enthusiast

TeslaGuy knows what you did last summerTeslaGuy knows what you did last summer
Default Halcali

OMFG I just found out that my favorite teenage Japanese pop-hop duo will be performing in Central Park next weekend

After a month of (hopefully) serious, contemplative posts here, I get to jump around in the front row like an goofy fanboy. Wheeeeeeeee!

Strawberry Chips

Halcali-Sister Ship

Strawberry Chips ~Tanaka Chigai Mix

Last edited by TeslaGuy : 2008.05.27 at 03:24 AM.
TeslaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.05.28, 03:38 AM   #2
jigenbakuda

jigenbakuda is headed in the right direction

The strawberry chips remix was the first halcali thing I saw, lol. I was suprised that they did not sound like that, since it was the first thing I heard. Delighted to find out later that the whole video was made with their old pv material

Oh yea there is a mp3 rip of the chicago concert they had a while ago (2 weeks maybe), it contains a new song !!!
It is here, just click on Halcali at ACEN to download.
http://halcali.blogspot.com/2008/05/...-york-gig.html

I need some more material from halcali and another song with polysics (all of polysics not just hiro like last time... well it can just be fumi-sama thats cool, lol).

Also why no baby blue PV? It was one the cutest things ever devised by a japanese person, lol J/K but it was awesome!

If one lays a trap, isn't it the victims fault for falling in?
jigenbakuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.05.28, 08:21 AM   #3
TeslaGuy
apathy enthusiast

HALCALI day by day is just overflowing with great info, personal accounts, videos etc. of the Chicago shows. I really envy those fans, getting so much one on one time with Halca and Yucali. I'm worried that the Central Park show will be much more impersonal, since they are sharing the stage with other bands, and just a small part of a big Japan-themed day.

Japan Day should prove to be lots of fun. Free curry, gyoza dumplings, gyudon over rice, mabo tofu don, and sanuki udon noodles...I'm skipping breakfast.

re. Baby Blue, I'll post a block of Halcali on my youtube thread soon, undoubtedly.
Old 2008.05.28, 03:26 PM   #4
jigenbakuda

I would sell my body for good gyoza.... I am a gyoza whore with no exaggeration, and now they are giving it away free, I hate you new york people. Why doesn't stuff come to jacksonville, oh yea we are a back wood hick city, lol sorry.

Well halicali has the most interesting videos I have seen. In my opinion they are some of the best the j-world has to offer. I love seeing the two girls together, they look like they have so much fun together... and I think that flows over to their videos. The girls can dance plus they are funny.

I have been checking halcali day by day for a while now, but its been slow because of their japanese popularity, but I'm behind the girls, if they make their way to the south, I'll catch a plane to see them.

Old 2008.05.28, 05:42 PM   #5
TeslaGuy
apathy enthusiast

I love gyoza too. In Tokyo, my lunch more often than not was zarusoba and gyoza. Here in NYC I head down to Chinatown for dumplings. Tiny little stores, with maybe two or three tables, and fried dumplings five for a dollar. $3 and I'm full and happy.
Old 2008.05.29, 01:29 PM   #6
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by TeslaGuy View Post
Japanese pop-hop duo
Really? I haven't looked at this thread yet because I was thinking of some other band. Some terrible VK band with horrible screaming vocals. This is definitely much better than I was expecting. Reminds me of Genki Rockets.
Old 2008.05.29, 01:58 PM   #7
jigenbakuda

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
Really? I haven't looked at this thread yet because I was thinking of some other band. Some terrible VK band with horrible screaming vocals. This is definitely much better than I was expecting. Reminds me of Genki Rockets.
Aww never heard of halcali? The ladies are awesome, but they change alot, their sound changes from album to album (only had three though, lol ) What particular phase of halcali did you like? I am a bigger fan of the first album, as it really suit my tastes. Its more rap than any of their other stuff, now they are no uki on the rhymes ,lmfao just kidding they own uki. The beats are very high quality in the first album. 1st rate production. But it just seems they do not have the same people making the beats as they used too... Its my only gripe. But as far as halcali, their style has changed little, well they sing a little more, but its basically halcali on the track, lol. But the first album hit more (not sure if you understand that term...), it seems like the beats just hit less on the subsequent albums. Its like bacon 75%hip25%pop, susume 45%hip55%pop, cyborg like 30%hip70%pop at least in my opinion, what do you say tesla? Disagree? What are your opinions on their changes over the years? And Maou what songs have you heard so far?

Oh polysics x halicali (the song-cyborg oretachi), hardest song I heard from a japanese rapper... What's your favorite telsa?

Old 2008.05.29, 05:01 PM   #8
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

I've only listened to the songs in this thread. After listening to Sister Ship, I immediately popped in Lumines to play/listen to Heavenly Star by Genki Rockets.
Old 2008.05.30, 02:13 AM   #9
TeslaGuy
apathy enthusiast

I just posted a block of Halcali PV's on my YouTube thread.

Originally Posted by jigenbakuda View Post
Its like bacon 75%hip25%pop, susume 45%hip55%pop, cyborg like 30%hip70%pop at least in my opinion, what do you say tesla? Disagree? What are your opinions on their changes over the years?
Halcali was originally signed to Oshare Track Factory in 2002, a side project of Rip Slyme's Ryo-Z and DJ Fumika. They wrote and produced Halcali's first album, which is why it is the most consistent throughout and the most rap oriented. Their second album, Ongaku no Susume, was produced by a number of different people, which accounts for the variety of different styles on the album. Cyborg Oretachi is their first major label release, after being signed by Sony. This label shift accounts for the poppier feel of their latest album.

I'm a bit disappointed by Cyborg, although some songs are very good. Many fans are worried that Sony doesn't really know what to do with the band, and Sony's promotions of their recently released material has been pretty weak. Hopefully, with the excellent response Halcali has generated in France and the US recently, Sony will pay them some more attention.

My favorite song is probably "HALCALISM 'Candy Hearts'" from Bacon, but my favorite album is Ongaku no Susume. This is a minority view in Halcali fandom, but I like the variety on this CD. A couple of songs are really lame, but the best ones are among my favorites.
Old 2008.05.30, 02:41 PM   #10
jigenbakuda

I agree about susume... Some songs suck, but the strong song are strong (imo). I believe that for the amount of stuff they have released, I really am addicted to them. I think their PVs really made me fall in love with them. Well the variety of susume is nice imo. I think its good that they can do other things and still be so darn cool... I am a rap fan (well used to be), so thats why I can't like any other one as much. But it seems like after france they are getting more attention. It would be interesting if they had a bigger european/american fanbase than a japanese one. Well I really would like to see them head in a rap direction. But I think they will stay in the more pop style. (seeing as the new song they did in chicago was kinda poppy...but I liked it ) But its really good to hear they are recording new music .